It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
What is most scary about some of the guys in this thread is the way they almost lust and salivate, not just about the possibility that chaos might happen, but the surefire belief that it definitely will happen.

For the zealots here its not about "if" but "when". I've read several times where guys use the phrase "when it happens"; not if it happens.

Having given so much thought, time, effort and money into the preparations its easy to see them getting frustrated waiting for the STHTF. The reality is, that if it doesn't start happening soon, one of these guys is going to make it happen.

I'd say the US government is ready for them and maybe even hoping they start something -- its their plan afterall.

Oh dear, now I am sounding paranoid.

then is the US government crazy?

i dont see you ridiculing them for "preparing for civil unrest".

if preparation is so ludicrous a concept, why not downplay the governments "paranoia". surely they are spending astronomically more money and resources than the guy in this video.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

how many outside of schools?

i remember one not even that long ago, and im not even from the uk nor do i pay much attention to what goes on over there.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

then is the US government crazy?

i dont see you ridiculing them for "preparing for civil unrest".

if preparation is so ludicrous a concept, why not downplay the governments "paranoia". surely they are spending astronomically more money and resources than the guy in this video.

Actually the things your government is doing do look absurdly over the top. FEMA camps? Homeland Security snooping into private citizen's conversations and on-line activity.

Yes, they are spending way to much money and time vis-a-vis the actual threat.

So, when you have the population gearing up for battle with their government and their government gearing up for battle with the people, you greatly increase the risk of something actually happening -- self fulfilling prophecy so to speak.

Why oh why are you always making war, usually with others, but potentially now with yourself? It looks like complete insanity looking in from the outside. Barbarian would be another way to describe it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

so then you acknowledge a government gearing up against its people, but cant understand why the people would do the same?

ill be happy to explain this if youd like, it just seems like one of those concepts that doesnt merit explaining.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

That was a shotgun, shot guns are legal, and something like that happens all the time in America however is incredibly rear in the UK

And you’re my last point actually shows that gun control does work, at least in the UK

I was having a look a gun stats the other day when researching for my other thread and i saw a two graphs comparing gun crime in the UK and in America, at first glance it looked like the UK had more gun crime than America, then I took a closer look at the graph titles.

Graph one: Murders by gun per Million in UK.

Graph two: Murders by gun per 100 000 in America

That for me says all you need to know about gun crime in America.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

factoring in population and factoring out crimes committed by non-citizens, and i bet you they are the same.

plus, america has thousands of miles of open borders. any evil doer with a bazooka can march right on into our country, kill whomever they like, and march right on out.. all the gun control in the nation wont stop that. so at the very least, untill america has as secure a perimeter as the UK, you cant expect citizens to not defend themselves against the potential evil doers.

bottem line is your comparing apples to rhino's
edit on 15-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: reason

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

U mean AK-47??

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ya, Im well aware..id LOVE to see someone operate a come-a-long and drive at the same time..

your genius is inspiring...

like i said, if your going into the mountains by yourself without another truck with you. you absolutely NEED a winch.

no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I agree having a 4 wheel vehicle would be very useful...the knowledge of how to drive one is even more useful and the proper tools become invaluable.

As i mentioned before, radar scattering net and many of his other trinkets are going to prove useless in a real time scenario where you have to react very quickly.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Caved in to massive public pressure?! Sure you weren't reading a government report?! Let me guess, that's what the media told you? Maybe it's something in the tea? A spiked muffin maybe?! I know the entire population of your country is not that gullible.

edit on 15-12-2010 by ReinkDuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PFdiddy

That's where I was born. And the constitution does give us that right. Then they go changin # on us.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

"Why oh why are you always making war, usually with others, but potentially now with yourself?"
So what you're saying is that we shouldn't prepare for this possibility, and that we are paranoid for thinking such a thing...? And yet you recognize it clearly... Have another cup of tea.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Look it up... AK 74 Smaller caliber than 47

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

My genius says I put the truck in neutral to get it where I need it with the come-along... I see you've never even been out in the mountains on your own and had to do something in a pinch? The come along worked just fine.

edit on 15-12-2010 by ReinkDuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Graph one: Murders by gun per Million in UK.

Graph two: Murders by gun per 100 000 in America

That for me says all you need to know about gun crime in America.

No. That says all YOU want to know. You want to have fun with numbers? We can do that. The police have said there are an estimated 120,000 firearms in circulation in the UK. The US has in the neighborhood of 250 Million privately owned firearms. That is over 2,000 time as many guns. The population of the UK is about 60 Million. The population of the US is about 300 Million. That's 15 times as many people in US as UK. The REAL numbers show that gun control does not reduce gun crime. Another stat that is seldome given is that almost half of all gun deaths in the US each year are suicides.

Then just for giggles and grins we can look at how knife crazy they are in the UK.
In 2006 there was one knife crime commited for every 374 people (rounded down) in the UK.
The US had about 0.4987 gun crimes per 374 people that year.
You are more likely to be stabbed in the UK than shot in the US.
Numbers are fun.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Sideband because: spelling correction

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Have you ever considered cars . More people die from car accidents every year than by guns . Lets outlaw cars , simi -trucks , ciggaretts and oh yes drugs . Good luck with that one . You can destroy young children and family members daily with a druggie for a parent .
Shot guns are guns too! They are more deadly than pistols . But don't worry when the NWO takes over they will disarm you completely . They don't want any opposition to their oppresive rule .

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Sorry , that last post was to the UK guy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

You're cool, thanks for the comment!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The last time Britain had a major "event," it was right after Dunkirk and the Germans were looking to invade Britain. Britain, meantime, began buying ads in American newspapers to donate and send their private firearms - any firearms - pistols, rifles, and shotguns - any caliber - as the British people were unarmed, and a lot of the good stuff had been left behind on the beaches at Dunkirk.

Any dip**** that has the ignorant bravado to suggest that "events" don't happen, are beyond help.

Oh, they don't happen every season, but they happen.

And anyone with any intuition and ability to read "sign," with the current unrest and instability of any facet of human endeavor one wishes to examine - knows things are mighty iffy.

But hey, the more unprepared, ignorant people, the better my chances are.

So you guys keep it up. Don't do anything.

But don't come knocking on my door for help down the road because you were too damned superior and intellectual to prepare for "events."

You're on your own.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Can I get a AMEN?!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reeeally? youve come-a-longed a 6,000lb truck UP a mountain on an incline out of a ditch huh? You must be #ing superman...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join