It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

How come all these guys act and sound like the typical Holywood sterotype?

That's just what you need to take the Kids to school in.
I'll bet he's got more than 2 Guns, probalby a Boot Load of Guns, Ammo and Explosives.
Nothing Insane about that, is there.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Nice - most of my family has moved back here by me (California/Idaho/Montana) - within 50 miles and all of them think about preparation. They know what I have done - when it all goes down we will set up shop up North and it will be for our children, the best we can do for as long as we can. Like this guy (the OP) we have lots of camo and radar covers. You know it will be from the air to round up those outside the kill/camp zones.

I don't think it is crazy to be prepared. My Grandfather fought for this country in WWII on the shores of Japanese territory - when he got home and built his home (Prescott, Arizona) he had an entire false wall put in for food storage, and we are talking hundreds of cans of everything from Crab Meat to Spam to Asparagus. Half of my guns I inherited from him, as well as a good sense and knowledge of survival.

Now if I could just hook up with Cody Lundin when this all goes down, I would have less to worry about. I am sure he knows my family since he taught in Prescott area. My Grandfather also served the direct Yavapai Government, and served many Native Americans as their voice!. Times are short my friends - prepare - its not stupid.

edit on 14-12-2010 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser
reply to post by liejunkie01

EXACTLY! And those things, if bought today, expire after 2013, so great shelf life.

It doesn't have to have a terribly long shelf life. ROTATE your stock. Store what you eat and eat what you store. I want to keep 40 cans of green beans on hand so after I use 2 cans I buy 2 more and put them to the back of the shelf. Every time I go shopping I'm either replacing the storage I used or buying 1 or 2 more than I NEED to get to the amount I want to store.
So, though the current shelf life may expire 2013, a 1 year cache will be eaten and replaced by 2012 and have a new shelf life of 2014.

For the guy that was going to life happily in the woods...
You certainly won't be lonely. Everyone new to long term preperations, or "survivalism" starts out with the plan of heading to the woods. I've been at this for just over 20 years..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by kevinunknown

If that is the life he wants, join the army there is a place for guns and it’s not in his hands no one needs an AK-74. It’s really sad that you think his guns should only be taken away after he kills someone, why does someone have to be a victim before anyone does anything about this. take the gun of him, safe a life.

actually there is no place on earth for guns...be a better world without them

No one NEEDS a car, a washing machine, boat, television, phone ,land, jewelry, pets... Luckily our founders did not base freedom on "Needs". It is even sadder that you are willing to not only give up your rights but also take away the rights of someone else based on an event that will statistically never happen. Can I take away your car and lock you in prison for a hit and run murder of a small child and her loving Grandmother that you have not yet committed? The odds are a lot greater that you will be involved in a vehicle accident than he will be involved in a deadly firearm accident

A no gun Utopia is strictly your opinion and really has no facts to back it up. And, hey. Guess what. Before there were guns, people killed other people they didn't like using knives and swords. Ah, but then there is no place on earth for knives and swords..be a better world without them... Did I mention we killed each other using sticks and rocks? Would be a better world without them too? I'm starting to think it isn't the object, but the people...GASP!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sideband

You hit it on the head, brother! But unfortunately, you're trying to bleed a turnip. You're not going to get blood, so why waste time? Screw it, when it does go down, I'm going to be satisfied in knowing that I can fend off the danger, or other people can as well, WITH GUNS, when others will have their hands held high, submissing to the threat that came knocking at their doors. Someone said earlier that guns are for cowards.... I'd like them to come to the US, and walk down some of the toughest streets we got in places like Compton, Detroit, or Atlanta to name a few. They'd be ass raped and sold for crack before they could blink, or scream. Two weeks later, if they're not dead, they'll be gun advocates for sure!! lol

edit on 14-12-2010 by ReinkDuser because: to make a point

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sideband

Yep - there will always be weapons for defense - why have rocks and stick - when you can be top of the food chain (guns and lots of ammo) with better results and more accuracy. That is what survival is all about - eating and staying alive

I personally hate the fact that something is going to die to feed my family - then I have to think what is the difference if some fast food chain kills it and prepares it - or I do!
edit on 14-12-2010 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The statement that there should be no guns is really rather pointless,wouldn't you say? The fact is,there ARE guns,there will always be guns. That particular pandors's box has been opened and cannot be closed. There are untold millions of firearms in the world, nothing you can do will ever get rid of them. So, you are left with a choice- put your head in the sand and keep teeling yourself what should and should not be, or adapt to the world that is and be as prepared to handle it as possible.
Don't get me wrong, I understand that some of the people here are deathly afraid of guns and thus would like to see them all eliminated. Like I said,that's a physical impossibility so they must decide how to to live in a world where guns DO exist. The best way to do this is to expose yourself to the thing you fear and learn to understand it. Having done that, you will often find the thing you feared is really not so scary after all.
I have owned guns since the time I was 15 years old. Now,some 17 years later, I have yet to shoot anyone. Amazing, I know! None of my inherently evil guns have made me go on a vicious killing spree! Also, I don't feel a sense of poweer and invincibility when I handle or use my firearms. Why is this? Because I have used them thousands of times and have grown accustomed to them and realize exactly what they can and can't do.
The chances of me having to use my guns to defend myself is unlikley. To be honest, the chances of me having to use them to survive some sort of apocolyptic event is also unlikely. However,should either situation arise, I know that I am equipped to handle the situation and at least improve my chances of surviving said situation.
A gun,in and of itself,is nothing more than a collection of metal parts. What you do with it is up to you. If you are like the vast majority of responsible people,you will use it in ways that are not harmful to anyone and are often beneficial. If you expect that simply having a gun that you've fired a couple of times will turn you into a competent hunter or self defense expert, you'll end up just as dead,just as quickly, as an unarmed person. Luckily, most legal gun owner s know this and therefore practice to become compent with their weapons of choice.
All in all, I'd rather live in a society where we have the rights to choose how we live our lives,so long as we don't harm anyone else. If you think we can't handle that sort of resposibility and need Big Brother to tell us what to do and how to live, then I'm glad you don't live here!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Radar scattering net? Radiation exposure pills? What kind of plausible event is going to happen where a radar scattering net and radiation exposure pills would come in handy? Is he going to go into Bruce Willis mode and fight off a foreign invasion and nuclear attack at the same time? At least the doomsday marketers have a target demographic that are easy to convince.

Seems like he's thought of alot.

Seems like he's lacking in critical thinking also.

Let's start placing bets on which government official he fires at for his own paranoid reasons and gets his dumb self killed...

I wonder why everyone thinks conspiracy theorists are paranoid and even have some willing to go so far to prepare for a god damn full scale war inside their delusional conspiracyland mind

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Do we? I have worked in a field that would be first to have knowledge of such accidents and have never taken a call for even one.

Now, maybe my area is unique, but I doubt that our hospitals and morgues are "full" of victims of such things.

Have you got some reliable source for this information?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Radar scattering net? Radiation exposure pills? What kind of plausible event is going to happen where a radar scattering net and radiation exposure pills would come in handy? Is he going to go into Bruce Willis mode and fight off a foreign invasion and nuclear attack at the same time? At least the doomsday marketers have a target demographic that are easy to convince.

Seems like he's thought of alot.

Seems like he's lacking in critical thinking also.

Let's start placing bets on which government official he fires at for his own paranoid reasons and gets his dumb self killed...

I wonder why everyone thinks conspiracy theorists are paranoid and even have some willing to go so far to prepare for a god damn full scale war inside their delusional conspiracyland mind

Ignorance kills I think someone needs to take a nap nap..

Some people just don't understand survival, you will need the men to hide behind just be thankfull there are some real men left not your typical panick at the disco fanboys....
edit on 14-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
After reading every post on this thread, I'm feeling SO much better! In hard times, times of shortages, times of hardship, times of anarchy, times of catastrophic disaster, this gentleman is in much better shape than about 98% of the US population, and apparently about 99.9999% of Europe.

Thinking such as has been frequently exhibited on this thread is EXACTLY why some of my ancestors on my mother's side left Scotland almost 300 years ago.

I see this gentleman in the video has been very careful with his survival budget, and purchased wisely. If one wants to hide a vehicle, and you go military surplus, then why NOT go ahead and get the radar scattering pattern?

The SHTF, shortages are going to happen very quickly, and I mean hours. Transport of additional goods will cease. Hubs will be looted, burned, and shut down. Water towers will quickly be shut down as the electrical will quickly be shut down. Whatever food and medicine is in stores will be completely gone in hours, and there will be no more.

Then it's a matter of predator or prey.

You will only hold that which you can physically defend against those who would use lethal force to take what you have. Competition is a bitch.

After reading some viewpoints here, I'm also better off than 99.9% of the population. Of course, I've been preparing for years.

I've seen entire unarmed villages wiped out, just for what little they had. And they didn't have squat.

So good luck to all.

I'll be like the man in the video, and I'll make my own luck. Always have, always will.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser
reply to post by Kliskey

I defend him because he is my friend, and I too, am well prepared. It just pisses me off about the ignorance some of these posters possess. Survival has been with man since man has been on the Earth. The means have changed, but not the intent. I could say these ignorant asses are government plants, just trying to make someone who is well prepared out to look like a criminal... However, I like thinking that they are just plain ol' ignorant.

Dude, no offence.
But your thread starts with no opening comments. So we have to assume that you just randomly stumbled upon this video and were thoughtful enough to share.

As soon as someone begins sharing their own views, which differ from yours, you go into a mad deranged and abusive rage about how ignorant we all are.

Then you claim that you are a follower/subscriber on Youtube, which would have been believable had this stupid not got out of control straight away.

But now... Now you’re claiming he is your friend, possibly even a co-survival plotter, or more along the lines of what I thought originally, the actual guy in the video! (Or perhaps you are the dude behind the camera)

Either way, this thread could have had potential had you:

A) Told us from the Outset that this is You/ Your Friend in the vid.
B) Started with an opening comment/ dialogue and or perhaps your own thoughts and your own preparations that you have made already.
C) Not become a lunatic over the course of this thread because people disagree with your opinion.

Just because some people disagree does not make them ‘Ignorant’ or stupid, which by the way means:

Online Dictionary

ignorant
ig•no•rant
[ig-ner-uh nt]
–adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
uninformed; unaware.

You yourself could be considered ignorant. Ignorant towards other peoples right to share their own thoughts. But more importantly…. How can you prepare for something which has never happened in your lifetime and be an expert on the subject and not take criticism.
See number ‘2’ above. Fact – Where is it said that this might/ will actually happen in your life time? Yes you can ‘prepare’ – But it’s a WASTE OF TIME – Seriously the chances of you surviving is so small that there is no point!

You ‘could’ continue wasting your life over this and those around you and then when the inevitable NOTHING happens, what will you do then? Or you could stop being so paranoid and enjoy the natural time that you have left in this world.

Anyway. That’s my opinion. Perhaps I’m wrong, in which case I welcome you to come over to my disentergrated house and spit on my ashes and say ‘I told you so’.

edit on 15/12/2010 by Kliskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

so what are you going to do when two big men are in your house, intent on raping and murdering your wife and daughter? Politely ask them to leave? Take a baseball bat to them?

I suppose there is no end of "what if" kinds of scenarios one could think up, but has it ever occured to you guys that that for most us around the world, those things just never happen??

Even places without guns, like Canada, those things are just so rare it is ridiculous to worry about them. There has been no time in my entire life that I ever experienced a need for a gun. I haven't had to worry about someone else having a gun either. Its called peace of mind from living in a civilized society.

Maybe your place isn't like that, but quit trying to colour the rest of the world with the same sick, brush of paranoia with which you describe America. It just aint like that here and I am glad of it. Maybe you should try and do something to change your society instead of giving in to the stupidity.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

North Korea threatened nuclear war, didn't they? It could happen to anyone. Radar scattering net comes in handy for more than just it's purpose, but it's nice to have.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

I'm not out to win a popularity contest about the world's best thread, so null point there. As for my comments, While, I can agree to disagree, however, when someone else approaches me stupidly, etc., they most likely will get the same response in return. Think what you may, you're allowed to in my country. (for now)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What is most scary about some of the guys in this thread is the way they almost lust and salivate, not just about the possibility that chaos might happen, but the surefire belief that it definitely will happen.

For the zealots here its not about "if" but "when". I've read several times where guys use the phrase "when it happens"; not if it happens.

Having given so much thought, time, effort and money into the preparations its easy to see them getting frustrated waiting for the STHTF. The reality is, that if it doesn't start happening soon, one of these guys is going to make it happen.

I'd say the US government is ready for them and maybe even hoping they start something -- its their plan afterall.

Oh dear, now I am sounding paranoid.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I haven't had to worry about someone else having a gun either. Its called peace of mind from living in a civilized society.
Oh, please share the secret of how your country managed to disarm its criminals. I'm betting that if I did a quick search I'd find that your wonderful, civilized society still has an issue with armed, violent crime.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The responses in this thread have amazed me as well. Further up the line a made a crack about zombies and now many pages later I am convinced that too many people believe that their video games will some day become real life. Real life "Events" do not allow for cheat codes, infinite ammo and reset buttons. Case in point Gunman fires on School board

This guy thought he was a character in a movie. This video is disturbing and note the courage of the woman with the purse!!!!!!! This is why I have a Concealed Carry Permit.

edit on 15-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

If you had bothered to do some real research you would have known that when that happen it was legal to own a handgun in the UK. After the shooting there was massive public pressure to have the guns banned and guess what, they banned hand guns and now you cant legally own a hand gun in the UK. Since then we have not had any mass murder killings like that in schools.

Remind me, since 1996 how many has there been in America

Does that not prove that gun control can work......

I look forward to your response.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Gun control can work. The UK is a royal type of place.

Imagine you were born in a place where you were given a god damned right whereby if the government gained too much control and was not working for the people you could defend yourself against them and even fight back. I think alot of these gun wielding people are starting to feel screwed by the civilized corporates and such

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join