It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSHES SPEECH

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Let see more links on the death, but occurs is just part of the liberation so is justify,

www.antiwar.com...

Let's not forget our fallen heroes.

icasualties.org...

www.iraqbodycount.net...

www.cnn.com...

lets not forget the deaths of fallen heroes of other countries too.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So, what are you trying to prove to me by showing me these deaths?? We've already picked that apart and realized that Sadam killed Loads more civilians than we have. We've already gone over that Casualties are the price to pay for freedom. And only 692 civilian deaths in iraq? That's it? Did you not read Glitch's post about how many died under Sadam's rule?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
[Edited on 5-7-2004 by Herman]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
[Edited on 5-7-2004 by glitch314]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
And lets think here, the soldiers who died liberating iraq knew what they were up against, they weren't drafted or forced into the army, they knew death was a risk. Did you read how many civilians, men, WOMAN, and CHILDREN have died under Saddam?! They didn't sign their lives over to be killed! I hope your trying to justify what Saddam did by showing me the deaths of soldiers who died fighting against what he did.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its okay to kill civilians because Sadam had kill them too, what a mentality I guess we are not better than Sadam when it comes to killing Iraquis, as long as we keep them under the same amount as Sadam. They are expendable and we are all expendable.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
We never said that killing them is Ok. Your point was that the iraqi's were better off before Bush "Invaded" them. Your proof was that iraqi civilians are being killed. Our rebuttle was that MUCH less civilians have been killed by Americans than Sadam. Thus, they are better off now that Bush has stepped in. As glitch mentioned, Sadam would kill, rape, and torture his own men to intimidate them into following him. He killed them on PURPOSE. The civilians that have been killed by us were either, A.) Trying to kill the U.S. troops, or B.) caught up in the cross fire. As I also mentioned, many terrorists dress up as civilians, then start shooting at American troops. Before the terrorists die, or while they're dying they throw their guns aside and it looks like the evil Americans killed another Iraqi citizen.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
ok sorry my small mistake- but who else do i call an idiot??? ummmm Blair.... oh and funnily enough i live in Britain which is the Country he is prime minister in- so i am not just against Bush.

Again i was posting my OPINION- which doesnt mean you have to attack everthing i say because you dont agree.

I appreciate your opinion but is there need to be so rude about it- i thought it was all about being open minded which means you done have to insult people you dont agree with.

Herman you really need to get over yourself and stop being so insultive- you comment before about ' I cant dignify your response with an answer'- i found that a patronising comment- and yes you do come across superior...:bash:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have a ratio for you,

Since 1984 over 100,000 Iraqi citizens have died under the hands of Saddam, lets do some math here, 100,000 dead divided by 20 years thats what, 5000 innocent deaths a year? in the next 5 years, that's 25,000 Iraqi citizen's we have saved from Saddam's wrath. Who knows how long he could have stayed in power? 10, mabe 15 years?

Between 1983 and 1988 Saddam tested chemical weapons on his own people, resulting in the deaths of at least 30,000 people, and you want this to continue? That's sick.

I'm trying to get a lesser of two evils into your head, not saying it's alright if we kill civilians too, so quit tossing garbage around.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, sorry if I come off superior, but I guess that's just how I am.

Your opinions just happened to include insulting someone else. When you do that, you open your self to criticism. You insulted someone who I consider doing the right thing. You insulted my beleifs. When you insult mine, I insult yours. If you don't want people replying to things you say like that, try taking out a few things. Mainly the whole, "Get over it. Bush is an idiot so is Blair" type of thing. When you say, "Get over it" you're not expressing it as an opinion, it's now a fact in your book. When people hear facts that are wrong, they want to reply.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

TextSince 1984 over 100,000 Iraqi citizens have died under the hands of Saddam, lets do some math here, 100,000 dead divided by 20 years thats what, 5000 innocent deaths a year? in the next 5 years, that's 25,000 Iraqi citizen's we have saved from Saddam's wrath. Who knows how long he could have stayed in power? 10, mabe 15 years?

So you said is ok to kill Iraquis during US invation. Right? is justify in the eyes of the world Right? They are just Iraquis and lest human than us Right?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok Herman- point taken i have insulted you so you insult me back...

I do expect people to disagree- but like i said in my post i dont expect people to be so rude... but i suppose i hit a sore point- n i do appologize.

lets just leave it there:bash:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, misspickle, it's fine :-). Thanks for being polite. Marge, have you not gotten the point? Are you not reading, or understanding the posts???? We saved many more iraqi lives than we've killed. We never said it was ok to accidentally, or purposefully kill the iraqi's!!! I already said this in my other post!!! I don't know why you keep repeating the same stuff.. As glitch explained, Sadam killed way more iraqis than we did. He even did it on purpose!! The Iraqi's that we killed were accidents. As I already mentioned, nobody has justified our killing those citizens. Nobody has said it was ok! We're saying that they're better off now than they were before. Not being tortured and killed un purpose, and being free.

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by Herman]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Finally my name has change from Marg to Mare, comon herman cool down is just a post and oppinion

No hard feelings

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hm, nice last resort. Really, couldn't think of a rebuttle so just insult one of my typos. Not like I'm gonna point out the fact that you repeatedly called them, "Iraquis" or that you use, "Lest" instead of, "Less". Did you mean, "Come on", or ,"Common"? Or...you know what, I don't even need to point out the rest...

No hard feelings.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually it happens that English is my second language I am a Spanish teacher, and not hard feelings. It is a joke on another thread about changing names.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well Herman I am new- n dont really wanna rub people up the wrong way within the first month!!

I must say your a firery one...watch out Hermans about!!

No hard feelings!!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Herman,

If you think that dying and killing in Iraq is justify because is war go tell that to the victims families of our fallen soldiers and to the families of innocent Iraqis.

(We are liberating you sorry if we kill you in the process but people die in wars, nothing personal)

How about that for an explanation?
:shk:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Herman there is no point of even bringing forth your points of view to these people. usually people that are intellectually stunted will see everyone but them as the intellectually stunted ones..
And judging by many of the posters above they have no good argument like yours and thus rather sit in their own piss and vinegar and spew their negative venom.

It's hard to fight bad with good, usually the bad opinions are from those with a closed mind. Don't waste your time they don't want to be educated, they don't want solutions, and even if you hit them over the head with the facts even still it's pointless.

Just let them rant thats all they have... Once you build a skill such as they have with their not so witty banter, it's hard to let them know facts and what not. They will think they are smarter then everyone else because of this acquired skill and thus shut you down with more not so witty banter.
Again I repeat

do not even attempt to talk to these people, your better off just dicussing your points with those who will listen and this isn't thread to do that.
Usually people with a higher IQ will have ideas, facts, and solutions to problems such as yourself...
Usually people with a lower IQ will start their sentence off with the ones you see above...
That's like a math teacher trying to get a baby to write a math equation...
It just doesn't work. The baby will scribble or not even be able to hold a pencil, same thing goes with these people above, except in this case it's just verbal diarrhea...
So just let them rant, there is no constructive criticisms or intelligent conversation going on in this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Misspickle: Thanks, no hard feelings.

Truelies: Thanks. When I saw the long post, I was sure that it was somebody once again arguing marge's point, and probably insulting me. Then I was happy to find that it was on my side, and well written I might add.

Marge: (Sorry truelies, I have to reply to him haha) We went over that same argument so many times in this thread...I'd tell you my statement again, but you could just re-read the thread and see it yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join