It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music as an expression of religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Cliff Burton was/is an angel...imo.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Heavy Metal is very powerful music... sometimes the 'song' is so powerful one seemingly knows who the Warriors are.

and we've come out to play... with a passionate love for our song!

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
those Pharaohs over there preserving that age old tradition... well they never risen like Jesus Christ (the commoner) they like to hang around and abuse their population with a very controlled philosophy which is stopping advancement and peace by forbidding evolution of a language.

we call it dumbed-down...

who knows what they do? the Supreme Leader Dictators are just like "Pharaoh the Anti Life"

we're coming to get you Pharaoh of the Middle East, ...it's

en.wikipedia.org...

The Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clock face, maintained since 1947 by the board of directors of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists at the University of Chicago. The closer the clock is to midnight, the closer the world is estimated to be to global disaster. The most recent officially-announced setting — five minutes to midnight (11:55pm) — was made on 10 January 2012.[1] Reflecting international events dangerous to humankind, the clock's hands have been adjusted twenty times since its inception in 1947,[2] when the clock was initially set to seven minutes to midnight (11:53pm).

something else also came into existence in 1947

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

something else also came into existence in 1947

I live 70 miles south of the setting of that alleged event. Which, btw, I definitely feel sure there has to be something to that because the first-hand witnesses, several who lived their lives out in the same town, NEVER changed their stories...I've seen countless interviews of all of them, both in local productions and smaller ones...as well as on the prime time tv programs...they ALL tell their own story the same way every damn time.
So I mean...what does such consistency indicate?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This song is guaranteed to restore all health...or at least it SHOULD be...it always fixes me up!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm working it...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed how many songs mention dreams or dreaming?
A LOT.

Here's one I made, but it is on dailymotion so I can't embed it...or at least I lack the expertise to do such a thing...so here's the link, instead:

Golden Rose (One Rainy Wish)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

what's in their head?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

that's the man who got me into music

started it all for me... reading the lyrics, wondering

ps: they need to put me back to sleep! the economy is nearly flatline...

edit on 1-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Jimi is the high priest of the Electric Sky Church! He said first that music was his religion...so I'm just a follower.

He is also the inspiration for the term 'heavy metal.' After listening to him play live, a reporter made the comment that it sounded like 'heavy metal falling from the sky.'

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

EGAD...assuming you mean the heads of the zombies, I don't know...I took a trip to take a look but alas it was far too dark inside...even the light shining in my heart was swallowed up in that desolating grief...but I know my heart will win the dark within and for this I trust in GOD...for me and for you and even for them...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

excellent! I think I am going to change my religion to Patriotism or Preemptism

you know for how much I love Jimi and him giving me inspiration to play the guitar, (he was very much an idol) but going back over his lyrics there are maybe a handful of songs that were "deep" in philosophy if even.

his mind was very liberal and just like most liberals very Zombified... I don't mean to sound like that but where is the logic? what was really in his head besides his own little world of self indulgence on some fantasy planet of butterfly-zebras and fairy tales...

there is no comparison with the reality-based, morality-based and historically-based lyrics of Iron Maiden and Metallica, in which Metallica became the most famous Heavy Metal band ever.

Jimi was wrong because there is nothing really there in his lyrics, he had no organization to his mind (no plan) he was in lala-land but still one of my favorite guitarist

he started it all though so I understand what you're saying

here is description of 'Zombie' when I use it...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
out there lives someone

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the Pope is Gods voice on earth? ... I don't know about all that, sounds like Pharaoh just with a twist.

edit on 4-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
in God we trust...

edit on 5-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

THere are 2 kinds of Music: outer music and inner music.

Outer music is like the music we hear outside : concert, radio, television, etc

Inner music is the GOD's vibration. It's the "WORD" that the Christian Bible mentions
on the very first page.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join