It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons Have World's Largest Database on Human Race: Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Mormon, have this "Vault" well guarded. I have driven up little cotton wood canyon and could not get onto the drive way. I have seen armed guards with Automatic Shot guns. Why all the security for geneology. Must be more than that. Google maps shows this site birds eye view.

www.google.com...://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/images/granite_mountain.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/daily/ family_history/granite_mountain_eom.htm&h=300&w=429&sz=23&tbnid=A0gtcpjOogkV_M:&tbnh=88&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGranite%2BMountain%2BRecords%2BVau lt&zoom=1&q=Granite+Mountain+Records+Vault&hl=en&usg=__TQfdasVQloYIStymK9vsPamv8Pk=&sa=X&ei=wmgGTb_1Eoy8sAP16qGaDQ&ved=0CB0Q9QEwAQ

Granite Mountain Records Vault, search it on google maps....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It has to do with one of Mormonism's beliefs - that you can perform baptisms for the dead and they become Mormon. I am not Mormon, but I have friends who are and they have told me about this tenet of their faith. The baptisms are done by proxy, with one individual standing in for a number of people. Apparently the dead have free will and can decline the baptism. It is every Mormon's duty to research his or her family tree as far back as possible so that they can have their dead, non-Mormon ancestors baptised. The Mormons have also, at least according to my friends, baptised by proxy many dead, well known figures like movie stars, politicians and the like.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A Rabbi friend of mine told me about this.

Suffice to say, it gives a more explicit account of the geneaolgies of the bible. The 12 tribes etc.

Whats really interesting though is why the mormons??? The Illuminati seems to have a fascination with the central united states - Utah and Colorado. Is it mere coincidence that the New Agers have gathered in this area? Or that the moroms decided to srttle in Utah? No. I think theres deep esoteric reasoning, and also instruction from higher powers why they go to these specific areas.

America was called the New Atlantis. And Salt Lake City/Denver is like the heart of the New Atlantis.

If Jerusalem is in the east, and right beside it the saltiest sea on earth, the dead sea, than salt lake city is right beside salt lake. One is in the center of the world; leaning to the right, whereas the latter is to the far left, or west, which in kabbalistic and mystical language refers to a certain spiritual attitude; an attitude which the elites worship. Namely, liberalism, nihilism ... 'do what thou wilt' mentality.

Thats why the mormons settled near salt lake; it reminded them of the dead sea, and so they established salt lake city as a new Jerusalem.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When I was researching my maternal side of my family I was referred to a Mormon lady who was a friend of the family. She was really excited to help me when she knew I was researching the Dakota side of my family. She said that the Mormon's were friends of the Natives and in history had good relationships with them. I'm not sure but I think I heard somewhere they (the Natives) were thought of as the Last Tribe of Israel (according to the Mormons). I did use Ancestry.com and paid a fee. It was really helpful but in the end I was able to find a good deal of info on the web as my great-great grandfather and his family were written about a great deal in the history of MN.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Not to mention Joseph Smith was highly influenced by the philosophy of Emmanuel Swedenborg whos writings deal heavily with the idea of a new jerusalem (as well as william blake

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Latterday Saints or Mormons practice the theory that if you died without being baptized you can't get into any heavens. (They believe heaven has three stages depending on how you spent your life).
They baptize for the dead so they can go forth to one of the heavens and not be in any limbo. Baptism for them is very important for your salvation.

The more of the dead they can baptize, the more souls they save. This is the reason for all of their love for genealogy and I doubt there is anything mysterious behind it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by C130Fixr

How about it to keep the kooks away who would be intent on destroying it, and to keep it as a secure base for the Elders in time of need. What is suspicious about that?

If you had spend a fortune hollowing out a mountain, or buying a hollowed out mountain would you let just anyone wander in as they please?

edit on 13/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
gathering and categorizing all that population data is both a way to do God's work
and to be a 'Witness' to the Creation....
so along with them acknowledging each individual life they can, in the future, data mine
all that geneology info. perhaps to construct generational models like what the book
"The Fourth Turning' talks about....
if we understand these trends with humanity, we might better extrapolate future trends

then there's the woo-woo areas, where we might develop information extraction which might
lead to interpeting the universal consciousness of mankind...a collective memory that incorporates
both the living and their Ancestors to fully decipher the mystery of the continuing creation process
this again is in the realm of entering the "mind-of-god"
edit on 13-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

The Latterday Saints or Mormons practice the theory that if you died without being baptized you can't get into any heavens. (They believe heaven has three stages depending on how you spent your life).

Only some of this is true.

As a former Mormon (I am now an atheist), I know for a fact that Mormons do not believe that individuals who were not baptized cannot make it into any of the three stages of heaven. In fact, Mormons don't technically believe in hell; sure, they admit that one probably exists, but it is designated for the true evild-doers that have existed throughout history (mass murderers, child rapists, and so on).

The three levels (as I remember) go in the following order:

The Telestial Kingdom- Beyond any beauty and peace we can ever imagine. Individuals who are in this kingdom have access to the Holy Spirit and his love, but not the love or the presence of Jesus Christ or God, the Heavenly Father.

The Terrestrial Kingdom- Beyond any beauty and peace we can ever imagine. Individuals who are in this kingdom have access to the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ, as well as their love and presence. They do not have access to God, the Heavenly Father.

The Celestial Kingdom- Obviously, the best stage of heaven one can attain; individuals who are in this kingdom have access to the presence and love of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, and God the Heavenly Father. You will be re-united with your family and live together for all eternity in everlasting love.

Now, Mormons do believe that mostly Mormons make it into the Celestial Kingdom, but they do not claim that ONLY Mormons make it into the Celestial Kingdom. In order to make the CK available to everyone, they conduct baptisms for the dead, which is believed to open the gates of the CK to said baptised individual.

Kind of an odd belief, but one that is misunderstood by most in the general public. No longer being a member of the church, I do feel it is important for people to at least understand it before passing judgement, as it is one of the most criticized religions in the United States (although some of it may be deserving, but that is neither here nor there).

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As one who has researched my genealogy extensively, I'll know it is very common to lose precious information on your ancestors in just one or two generations. It's hard to explain why this is important to us genealogists. I'll just say that knowing who my ancestors were and what they went through really helped me define who I was as a person.

Knowing how easily this information gets lost and how hard it is to get makes one go to great lengths to preserve it. I'm not a Mormon but have dealt with the LDS genealogy a lot over the years. Nothing sinister there, I'm afraid.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Gamma MO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover

Apparently the dead have free will and can decline the baptism.

"Apparently" is one of those words used to make something appear valid when there is really no evidence to substantiate such a preposterous supposition. We really have no knowledge of what the dead can or cannot do.

It does seem a travesty that the Mormons could baptize you posthumously without family permission, especially when your friends and loved ones know you would not have approved of this. The Mormon baptism of President Obama's mother is such an example.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Allll religions do this. They are trying to take over the world. Religion is false hope, leading groups of people into darkness. Religion is the oldest form of government.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I fail to see the problem with this. Baptism does nothing in the first place, so how can it be harmful? Even if baptism was a legitimate practice, how would conducting one on a dead individual even work? Most religions look at this practice by the Mormons indifferently, because they do not believe it to even do anything (and that's from a theistic perspective). Why? Because they are performing it on a deceased individual, not one who is present and breathing.

Is it weird? Sure. Is it done in order to achieve some secret, malevolent plan? Absolutely not.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
The Latterday Saints or Mormons practice the theory that if you died without being baptized you can't get into any heavens.
They baptize for the dead so they can go forth to one of the heavens and not be in any limbo. Baptism for them is very important for your salvation.

sure, that's the fairy tale story they tell their followers. But there is no proof of any of this having any truth. Could it be this "theory" is just to deflect people from what is really going on?

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
The more of the dead they can baptize, the more souls they save.

Save these souls from what? It has already been said that they do not believe in hell.

This "Baptism for the dead" is done without water. It is a creepy looking ritual. The stand-in wears a sheet and the "preachers" or whatever they are, put their hands under the sheet and touch the persons privates while reciting their incantations.

Could it be that all these stand-in baptisms are just a perverted excuse to degrade their gullible followers by a subtle sexual assault?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Birth, Death, and Marriages have all been public knowledge for a while now and not hard to attain.

It is interesting and suss though they are taking the extreme measures to catalog them all and protect/secure that catalog...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

We may be welcome to your churches but how about your temples?

Why so many freemasonic type rituals?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It's simple, really..

The Mormon religion is just another tool for TPTB and they are used for (among other things) keeping track of our genealogy records..

They do this to find candidates or something, i dunno.. Maybe based on blood type or mental disorder (psychos)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

LOL no they use water they use a stand in who is baptised for the deceased person in thier name. They use full immersion baptism. I did not watch the video but that is not the baptism for the dead.

They simply believe the deceased person has an opportunity to accept or reject the ritual performed on thier behalf. If one believes it is all bunk why would they care. Although I do think they will refrain if a family requests it. What happens sometimes is a member of the family joins the church and does the work for all thier ancestors and this pees some families off sometimes

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't know the viability of such a project considering we can't be too sure our great-great-great-grandma didn't cheat on our great-great-great-grandpa with a strapping Scot

I'm sure there are a lot of cultures on Earth who will be very puzzled with the Mormon's interest in genealogy but whatever rocks their boat.

I know I'd rather have the gold vault over this genealogy vault.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join