It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons Have World's Largest Database on Human Race: Why?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrustbucket

Originally posted by 777isall
If it walks like a duck, Talks like a duck its a duck! Freemason are not Christian...
edit on 14-12-2010 by 777isall because: (no reason given)

Of course not. But they do require you believe in a "diety". So? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

The belief is that much of Masonic ceremonies were passed down throughout the ages from the Temple of Solomon. They could have easily lost their meanings, purpose, or source over thousands of years.

If someone borrows some of those ceremonies and "fixes them", how does that invalidate everything else? How does that make a church that openly worships Christ and puts Christ at the center of everything suddenly not Christian?

Yes the new age Christ not of Yeshua its a man made religion bro move on...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 777isall

Um. What?

Can you define for me what a "true church of christ" is then? List for me, it's traits it must have.

I pray in Christ's name, should I not be? Do I not have permission?
edit on 14-12-2010 by thrustbucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
i find this all out to be very weird. especially how they see black people as satans direct children.

god knows what they have, we also know that whole 'religious order' is full of masons.

Very simple: The Curse of Ham. www.afrostyly.com...

Mormons were/are hardly the only religion adhearing to this belief. Mormons were however - - victims of smear campaigns - which makes certain issues seem more prominent and exclusive to them.

There were always blacks in the Mormon church. They just couldn't hold the Priesthood in early days because of this belief.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yeah my sister's Mormon Bishop in Houston is black. I wonder if she (or he) knows he's a child of satan? Maybe we should let them know?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by 777isall

Um. What?

Can you define for me what a "true church of christ" is then? List for me, it's traits it must have.

I pray in Christ's name, should I not be? Do I not have permission?

The reason Mormonism is not Christian is because it denies one or more of the essential doctrines of Christianity. Of the essential doctrines (that there is only one God, Jesus is God in flesh, forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, and Jesus rose from the dead physically, the gospel being the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus), Mormonism denies three of them: how many gods there are, the person of Jesus, and His work of salvation.

Mormonism teaches that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones (D. & C. 130:22) and that Jesus is a creation. It teaches that he was begotten in heaven as one of God’s spirit children (See the Book, Jesus the Christ, by James Talmage, p. 8). This is in strict contrast to the biblical teaching that he is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), eternal (John 1:1, 2, 15), uncreated, yet born on earth (Col. 1:15), and the creator all (John 1:3; Col. 1:16-17). Jesus cannot be both created and not created at the same time. Though Mormonism teaches that Jesus is God in flesh, it teaches that he is "a" god in flesh, one of three gods that comprise the office of the Trinity (Articles of Faith, by Talmage, pp. 35-40). These three gods are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This is in direct contradiction of the biblical doctrine that there is only one God (Isaiah 44:6,8; 45:5). See Trinity for a correct discussion of what the Trinity is.
Because Mormonism denies the biblical truth of who God is, who Jesus is, how forgiveness of sins is attained, and what the gospel is, the Mormon is not Christian -- in spite of all his claims that he is Christian.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The reason Mormonism is not Christian is because it denies one or more of the essential doctrines of Christianity. Of the essential doctrines (that there is only one God, Jesus is God in flesh, forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, and Jesus rose from the dead physically, the gospel being the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus), Mormonism denies three of them: how many gods there are, the person of Jesus, and His work of salvation.

Mormonism teaches that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones (D. & C. 130:22) and that Jesus is a creation. It teaches that he was begotten in heaven as one of God’s spirit children (See the Book, Jesus the Christ, by James Talmage, p. 8). This is in strict contrast to the biblical teaching that he is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), eternal (John 1:1, 2, 15), uncreated, yet born on earth (Col. 1:15), and the creator all (John 1:3; Col. 1:16-17). Jesus cannot be both created and not created at the same time. Though Mormonism teaches that Jesus is God in flesh, it teaches that he is "a" god in flesh, one of three gods that comprise the office of the Trinity (Articles of Faith, by Talmage, pp. 35-40). These three gods are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This is in direct contradiction of the biblical doctrine that there is only one God (Isaiah 44:6,8; 45:5). See Trinity for a correct discussion of what the Trinity is.
Because Mormonism denies the biblical truth of who God is, who Jesus is, how forgiveness of sins is attained, and what the gospel is, the Mormon is not Christian -- in spite of all his claims that he is Christian.

Wonderful. I guess my King James Bible was missing the addendum called "Essential Doctrines of Christianity for dummies".

I think the only defining characteristic of a Christian is someone that believes that Jesus Christ is the savior, and the only way to salvation. Mormons believe that. The God I believe in isn't going to get caught up in semantics of how you arrived at that conclusion.

I will tell you something that Mormons DON'T believe though. They don't believe in finding people that believe they are Christian and try to convince them they aren't.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
It's already readily available, start collecting news papers. The reason why its tucked away, is to preserve it. Mormons value history and historical records, thus they place a substantial emphasis upon such records as family history all the way down to local news papers. History can tell you who you are and where you are going. If you don't know where you have been and the mistakes that where made, then you are doomed to repeat those mistakes. Also, think about the scued sense of history our children have now. Isn't it worth having historical documents preserved in such a manor?

It's presented in a manor? Where is this manor?
I'm confused. I thought it was preserved in an underground vault.

I guess I must have a skewed sense of history.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Wonderful. I guess my King James Bible was missing the addendum called "Essential Doctrines of Christianity for dummies".

I think the only defining characteristic of a Christian is someone that believes that Jesus Christ is the savior, and the only way to salvation. Mormons believe that. The God I believe in isn't going to get caught up in semantics of how you arrived at that conclusion.

I will tell you something that Mormons DON'T believe though. They don't believe in finding people that believe they are Christian and try to convince them they aren't.

Uh huh I see so in order to justify its aberrant theology, Mormonism has undermined the authority and trustworthiness of the Bible. The 8th article of faith from the Mormon Church states, "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly." This means that when the Bible contradicts Mormonism, the Bible isn't trustworthy.

Conclusion Why is Mormonism a non-Christian religion? It is not Christian because it denies that there is only one God, denies the true Gospel, adds works to salvation, denies that Jesus is the uncreated creator, distorts the biblical teaching of the atonement, and undermines the authority and reliability of the Bible.

I showed you the facts soon the " This is why religion sucks trolls will come" The exact plan the Freemasons have by playing Mormonism as a pawn for the left right paradigm... Its simple dont follow a man made religion!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Mormons ARE Christian. Just because your particular belief doesn't agree - - does not make it so.

This web site's position on whether the LDS church is Christian: www.religioustolerance.org...

We define as "Christian" any individual or group who sincerely, devoutly, and seriously considers themselves to be Christian. This includes the three main divisions in the primitive Christian movement of the first century CE: Jewish Christianity, Pauline Christianity, and Gnostic Christianity. It includes today's faith groups as widely divergent in belief as Anglicans, Christian Scientists, Eastern Orthodox, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Roman Catholics, Southern Baptists, Unificationists, denominations within the Lutheran, Methodist and Presbyterian movements, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Uh huh I see so in order to justify its aberrant theology, Mormonism has undermined the authority and trustworthiness of the Bible. The 8th article of faith from the Mormon Church states, "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly." This means that when the Bible contradicts Mormonism, the Bible isn't trustworthy.

I don't hold anything written on paper as an authority over my beliefs. At the most, a guideline. Especially one that's been translated thousands of times over thousands of years before the modern "favorite" compilation was created and stamped with the seal of "Literal word of god" by.... someone....

Conclusion Why is Mormonism a non-Christian religion? It is not Christian because it denies that there is only one God, denies the true Gospel, adds works to salvation, denies that Jesus is the uncreated creator, distorts the biblical teaching of the atonement, and undermines the authority and reliability of the Bible.

That's your opinion. Every mormon I know only believes in one god, btw.
I know of no reference to an "Uncreated creator" in the bible.

I have no personal proof that there is any collection of papers that are the literal "words" of god. If you do, good for you. The only authority and reliability I submit to is through my own personal relationship with my diety.

Mormons also have an Eleventh article of faith, look it up to understand more. Mormons don't need mortals or scrolls compiled in the middle ages to define faith for them.

I showed you the facts soon the " This is why religion sucks trolls will come" The exact plan the Freemasons have by playing Mormonism as a pawn for the left right paradigm... Its simple dont follow a man made religion!

Mormons don't go around telling christians they aren't christians or trying to prove to them why. That's what YOU and others do, but not mormons.
Religious divisiveness is projected AT mormons not FROM mormons.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Mormons ARE Christian. Just because your particular belief doesn't agree - - does not make it so.

This web site's position on whether the LDS church is Christian: www.religioustolerance.org...

We define as "Christian" any individual or group who sincerely, devoutly, and seriously considers themselves to be Christian. This includes the three main divisions in the primitive Christian movement of the first century CE: Jewish Christianity, Pauline Christianity, and Gnostic Christianity. It includes today's faith groups as widely divergent in belief as Anglicans, Christian Scientists, Eastern Orthodox, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Roman Catholics, Southern Baptists, Unificationists, denominations within the Lutheran, Methodist and Presbyterian movements, etc.

Nice story bro! A great list of man made religions you got there...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Thank you. It's just weird, isn't it?

It's almost like someone trying to convince another person they don't love someone.
You can present all the facts in the world that you think proves it - but ultimately you can't stop how they feel.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It's almost like someone trying to convince another person they don't love someone.
You can present all the facts in the world that you think proves it - but ultimately you can't stop how they feel.

THE GOD OF MORMONISM "In spite of the opposition of the sects, in the face of direct charges of blasphemy, the Church proclaims the eternal truth: 'AS MAN IS, GOD ONCE WAS: AS GOD IS, MAN MAY BE." (Apostle James Talmage, The Articles of Faith, p. 430) "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man,.,. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345) "God himself, the Father of us all, is a glorified, exalted, immortal, resurrected Man! (Apostle Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1979 edition, p. 643) "... you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you,..." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 346 "If we should take a million of worlds like this and number their particles, we should find that there are more Gods than there are particles of matter in those worlds." (Apostle Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, p. 345) THE GOD OF THE BIBLE "...the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else." (Deuteronomy 4:39) "... for I am God, and not man;..." (Hosea 11:9) "For I am the LORD, I change not;..." (Malachi 3:6) "Therefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee...' (II Samuel 7:22) "For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone." (Psalms 86:10) "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me:..." (Isaiah 45:5)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Mormon's may be just keeping all of that information on us all because they might be expecting a great fireball from the sky, and perhaps they just want to be sure that we are not going to marry our cousins when we are picking ourselves up after a catastrophe such as a nuclear war. Granted, that is if there is anything left or not to pick from. It is my guess that they are compiling that data for some nefarious reason. Besides, they do have deep pockets.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
double post - some how
edit on 14-12-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ignorance and closed minds - - - are sadly incredibly amazing. I also admit I was ignorant of Mormon prior to being one.

As only being Mormon for 5 years before leaving - - I treasure my experience. Some of the greatest human beings I have ever known. A wonderfully family focused organization.

It was too fundamental for me. I just can't accept that women are not allowed to be Priests. Even though they are treated as being closer to god in higher consciousness.

As I said previously - - - if I could find a Spiritual organization run like the Mormon's run their organization - - - I would join in a nano-second.

I am very sad the political involvement/agenda they are currently taking.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The LDS church has no ties with any Masonic organization.
Joseph Smith was a Mason on the side (he studied many things, as should everyone), he said many of the ordinances that Masonry had, contained some historical truth to them - namely some of their ceremonies. He took some, altered them to be more "correct" and put them in the temple. That's the extent of Mormon masonry.

If you are convinced that Masonry and/or all of it's boring ceremonies are somehow "evil" - Well then I don't know what to tell you, sounds like a personal choice to believe so.

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck its a duck! Freemason are not Christian... Yeshua loves you

Woman , Even though they are treated as being closer to god in higher consciousness.

Wow once again were full circle sounds a lot like the Craft... quack quack!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a assignment to the resident Mormon's into Genealogy.

Go to the Ancestry.com website and use "God" as a last name and hit search.

Pick any of those names that pop up and trace it back until you can't go any further.

What did you find?

The English Word "G-O-D" did not mean squat back when people started using the letters "G-O-D" as a last name in Poland.....many centuries ago. Those letters put together and used by people in Poland as a last name means jack squat in their language. In 1600 those letters together in the English language also meant..... jack-squat.

What word was used by English speaking people in 1600 to signify their religious belief figure head? It was NOT "G-O-D". Around 1610 it was pulled out of someone's rear to start using the letters "G-O-D" in the English language to mean the Almighty One. There were no scrolls that reffered to it, no books, no nothing. Somebody just decided to start using those letters together to mean Da Big Man in Heaven.

Therefor you found the answer to the Mormon belief that "G-O-D" once walked among us in flesh and blood.

How? Over time languages and words changed and you don't even have a clue what your religious figure head was called 400 years ago.

This Genealogy project by the mormons can't be used to trace back to Jesus or Adam and Eve. Nobody had last names until 1400-1500's. People moved all over and nothing was tracked and recorded. For example I knocked up 3 women on late night binge drink fests and those girls didn't even know my name. If they had kids I don't even know if God himself knows who their daddies are...ha ha ha!

Mormons are.....justa nother Cult. Atleast now they're lookin' up God on Ancestry.Com!

ha ha ha ha!!!
edit on 14-12-2010 by Pervius because: spiritual

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
I don´t have time to read whole thread at the moment, just wanted to add, that lately I discovered article from the year 1997 in Estonian newspaper, that said, that Mormons have been copied a large part of Estonian family archives, but noone knows how they use this data in America. It´s just too strange. Especially, that Estonia was a part of Soviet Union back then (80s) - and they had a contract with Soviet Union´s Ministry of Justice. Why should this ministry make contract to some American mormones? Basicly letting Americans to copy Soviet Union´s people archives. I don´t think it´s just that they wanted to babtise. And even if they did, they have no right to collect data for this. It´s disturbing, especially for christians.

Because some people have Estonian antecedents?

That's too logical.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The dead have all the privacy they need in the ground.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join