It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all nations. Your nation is just attempting to support you all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm amazed at the amount of anti-social comments made for each particular government.

We are all citizens of the world currency and countrys are attempting to assist those of their nation.

I would like to ask the people of ATS what they think requires to be done to help common citizens?

We have achieved so much by thinking of eachother. In the medical field, assiting the sick and injured. In law by helping the innocent and covicting the guilty. In the living standards we all hold today from the past!

The truth needs to be told and will be soon but who will believe it? We all have different opinions! Does it take someone from a high government standing or a general man?

People will reject what they don't want to hear.

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
i emphasize the truth, knowledge, and self sufficiency.

2nt

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
No one is replying to the question asked!

Is it to hard?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Archangelelijah

I'd reply... But I don't understand what you are even asking....

Your OP is difficult for me to follow, its borderline nonsensical.

edit on 13-12-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

I'd reply... But I don't understand what you are even asking....

Your OP is difficult for me to follow, its borderline nonsensical.

I'm simply asking what does your government have to do to help you understand what they are doing is for the better not worst!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

...It can start by overhauling the VA system and ensuring that we vets get the care we need as opposed to going out of their way to deny us our claims and throw us out on the streets. That'd be a good start.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

I'm simply asking what does your government have to do to help you understand what they are doing is for the better not worst!

sorry if i didn't answer you question correctly.

the gov need to do about a total 180 to achieve this.

there are many things they could do for the better, but better for them, our us?

+ AdAbsurdum, that would be a great start

edit on 13-12-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

My sincere answer to your question - at least as it applies to western culture, specifically the US - based upon my life experience is this:

We have to stop being people who think of ourselves only. We've developed a very selfish "I got mine" culture where it is not only in vogue to be thoughtless, but it's even considered, in many circles, a positive to be outright cut throat and destructive towards others.

I am sure that someone will follow me in here with the neocon battle cry of "What's mine is mine!" and the usual rhetoric which accompanies it. But they will miss the entire point I am making. They always do.

I am not a religious person but I am familiar with the Bible. And I think, sometimes, about the passages which say that, one day, the rich will be cursed by their wealth and they won't even be able to give it away. I think we are beginning to enter into such a time. Our middle classes are drying up and the gulf between the wealthy and the poor is ever widening. This will surely lead the poor to find a new way - maybe barter - maybe even some form of underground currency. And when that happens, suddenly, all the money in the world won't matter much. Why slave for seven bucks an hour for "the man" when a poor person could just use this new system of gain and commerce? The rich will end up locked out of this new system, for some period of time.

But as we reach this possible period of history, we are faced with the avarice and greed of our current society. In the US we incarcerate more of our own, per-capita, by far and away, than any other civilized nation. I truly believe that this is corollary to the reality that we also have the least evolved social programs of the western world. Our selfish ambitions alienate such a large percentage of our population that we literally have to create thousands and thousands of pointless laws just to sweep the issue under the rug. Just to get the poor out of our faces.

It's shameful.

The other shame that I feel is this... Even though I believe, wholeheartedly in social programs - I do not trust the current government to implement or administer them. The corruption is so deep, and so complete, that one would literally have to destroy this system, and rebuild it, before we could even begin analyzing which programs might be logical and which wouldn't.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

...It can start by overhauling the VA system and ensuring that we vets get the care we need as opposed to going out of their way to deny us our claims and throw us out on the streets. That'd be a good start.

Thanks for the reply. You do a great job dealing with animals when the assistance is needed. Peoples pets are like family and I'm sure you have noticed this. I am an animal lover and hear what you are saying.

Keep up the good work of supporting our wildlife. Your assistance is greatly appreciated by all, even if they don't show it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My sincere answer to your question - at least as it applies to western culture, specifically the US - based upon my life experience is this:

We have to stop being people who think of ourselves only. We've developed a very selfish "I got mine" culture where it is not only in vogue to be thoughtless, but it's even considered, in many circles, a positive to be outright cut throat and destructive towards others.

I am sure that someone will follow me in here with the neocon battle cry of "What's mine is mine!" and the usual rhetoric which accompanies it. But they will miss the entire point I am making. They always do.

I am not a religious person but I am familiar with the Bible. And I think, sometimes, about the passages which say that, one day, the rich will be cursed by their wealth and they won't even be able to give it away. I think we are beginning to enter into such a time. Our middle classes are drying up and the gulf between the wealthy and the poor is ever widening. This will surely lead the poor to find a new way - maybe barter - maybe even some form of underground currency. And when that happens, suddenly, all the money in the world won't matter much. Why slave for seven bucks an hour for "the man" when a poor person could just use this new system of gain and commerce? The rich will end up locked out of this new system, for some period of time.

But as we reach this possible period of history, we are faced with the avarice and greed of our current society. In the US we incarcerate more of our own, per-capita, by far and away, than any other civilized nation. I truly believe that this is corollary to the reality that we also have the least evolved social programs of the western world. Our selfish ambitions alienate such a large percentage of our population that we literally have to create thousands and thousands of pointless laws just to sweep the issue under the rug. Just to get the poor out of our faces.

It's shameful.

The other shame that I feel is this... Even though I believe, wholeheartedly in social programs - I do not trust the current government to implement or administer them. The corruption is so deep, and so complete, that one would literally have to destroy this system, and rebuild it, before we could even begin analyzing which programs might be logical and which wouldn't.

~Heff

I understand your feelings more than you realize. The rich and the poor has grown to a point of no return.

Thr rich are attempting to support us but don't understand the feelings we the poor have watching this unfold.

Every person thinks of themself when in life but we must also support others while in the process. Like you state.

You (Americans) have done an excellent job of supporting other nations in times when it was required. I hope nations assist you when the time comes. You have an friend in Australia.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Not veterinarians, but veterans. People who were injured while in the military serving their country.

In America the VA Hospitals actively attempt to write off veterans' needs because they don't want to pay for their sacrifices.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
For me the idea of democratically elected representative government is one of the best systems you can come up with. The problem is when your representative, who you elect to stand up for you and your community, puts the interests of the big business that funded their campaign before the interests of their constituents.

The problem we have and has always been a problem, is the influence of those with money and power who seek to use the government to their own advantage. When this happens the government has stopped being for the people and just another tool of the capitalist class to increase their power and wealth.

When the wealthy dictate the policies of the government and when big business and government work hand in hand, you no longer have a democracy you have a plutocracy.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
i got a great one.

make it illegal for special interest groups to fund candidates, for any position in gov.
edit on 13-12-2010 by quantumdragon because: and to any

sorry, see post above. although to make it illegal would change a whole lot. they would represent themselves and their state, not the money that got them there
edit on 13-12-2010 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Not veterinarians, but veterans. People who were injured while in the military serving their country.

In America the VA Hospitals actively attempt to write off veterans' needs because they don't want to pay for their sacrifices.

I appoligize! You guys have done a great job for society in sacrificing your lives for the general population! Again I'm sorry for the mis-interpretation.

You guys have got to where we are today and deserve more credit and assistance than what is CURRENTLY GIVEN!

We all should have more respect for you and your fallen comrads!

You will always have the support of most citizens.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I appoligize! You guys have done a great job for society in sacrificing your lives for the general population! Again I'm sorry for the mis-interpretation.

No, worries. And you don't have to thank me.

We know that, but yellow ribbons and nice sentiment don't pay our medical bills or get us treatment. I can not believe that my government has my best interest at heart when they have no desire to fund our needs to help to make VA programs more accessible.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

No, worries. And you don't have to thank me.

We know that, but yellow ribbons and nice sentiment don't pay our medical bills or get us treatment. I can not believe that my government has my best interest at heart when they have no desire to fund our needs to help to make VA programs more accessible.

It is time for you to recieve the assistance you need my friend.

Unfortunatley money controls all organisations at the moment. If people can assist when they have this tool of money, they should.

I agree sentiment does not pay your bills in life. You have the heart of a solider and mind of a champion. Your spirit will sore higher than money itself.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thank you to all that replyed.

I'm sure many more would want to add to what has been mentioned!

We have all got something to give to humanity! Lets show it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
For me the idea of democratically elected representative government is one of the best systems you can come up with. The problem is when your representative, who you elect to stand up for you and your community, puts the interests of the big business that funded their campaign before the interests of their constituents.

The problem we have and has always been a problem, is the influence of those with money and power who seek to use the government to their own advantage. When this happens the government has stopped being for the people and just another tool of the capitalist class to increase their power and wealth.

When the wealthy dictate the policies of the government and when big business and government work hand in hand, you no longer have a democracy you have a plutocracy.

I agree with what you have stated! Unfortunatley, money supports us all in this life. They must support big business in order to accomidate all other people but the normal people are not on an even playing ground to the elite or business owners.

They attempt to support the people and need to do more to support them. They have the capital or money to do so!

We do live in a democracy as long as the elite operate the same!

top topics

join