It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of fast moving objects on SOHO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm watching the latest 100 images on the LASCO C3 movie player on the SOHO site

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

and I can't believe what im seeing is "normal". Anyone else know what all the crap is thats flying around the sun? i downloaded images at 1024. be patient its worth it. There's so much of it. All different sizes and shapes. The time stamps on the pics are only a few minutes apart. the objects must be blazing fast. any ideas?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Where do we start?

Dust, particles, cosmic rays, comets, asteroids etc etc.

Anything really and you'll see it all the time because the fact is, space is full of crap!

More information here:

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 13/12/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

These type of "fast moving objects" are quite common phenomena in SOHO pictures during the sunburst.

I noticed that there was indeed a sunburst going on in those last 100 images. Watch for example 2004-11-04 to 2004-11-05 from SOHO theater.

-v

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i know theres lots of stuff out there. ive been watching soho movies for a while. not an expert but i just feel like threres more crap out there than usual.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thats because we are in the middle of a stream of particles and dust known as the Geminid Meteor Shower. It peaks this evening(or tomorrow morning) at 12:00 am-120-150 meteors can be seen per hour in dark rural areas.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Anything really and you'll see it all the time because the fact is, space is full of crap!

I was taught that there is actually more emptiness in space than most people realize..

But we do see a lot of crap in these SOHO pics..
At least once a week a thread on Earth size spaceships regardless of the fact that no one knows how far the objects are away

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
ah. geminids. k guess i can sleep now. wish it wasnt overcast in seattle right now. thanks. some of the "stuff" still looks weird though. like curved/changing trajectory, strange shapes, some lines some dots...is there really that much "stuff" out there?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Oh and please - let's keep introductions board for introductions, shall we

Welcome to ATS. It may be useful for you to read terms and conditions for ATS usage.

-v

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
sorry thought it said i could only post in intros till i had 20. did i misread?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
sorry thought it said i could only post in intros till i had 20. did i misread?

lol,I never even noticed this was an intro thread..

You are only supposed to say hello and maybe something about yourself, interests etc..
Then after 20 posts you can start a thread like this...

Welcome anyways

Gawd, I should of noticed there was no stars,lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
yeah. not sure i can make 20 posts about myself till i can ask questions and talk about important things. i'll try though. thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You can go into any other thread and post..
The 20 don't have to be in your intro..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You can make 20 posts in a moment by commenting other people's threads. I was just little bit frustrated because we've been seeing a lot introduction threads lately, that are not introduction threads..

But I guess that this is a display of (post-)modern instaculture (I want it all, I want it now).

Just be patient, it developes character

-v

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I'm watching the latest 100 images on the LASCO C3 movie player on the SOHO site
and I can't believe what im seeing is "normal". Anyone else know what all the crap is thats flying around the sun? i downloaded images at 1024. be patient its worth it. There's so much of it. All different sizes and shapes. The time stamps on the pics are only a few minutes apart. the objects must be blazing fast. any ideas?

If you are reading any of the papers the Astronomers have recently been writing, something disturbed the asteroid belt.

They are guessing maybe the suns emissions increased and the solar wind "spun up" the asteroids sending them into each other...and eventually they leave the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and come our way.

Many have hit the sun in just the last 60 days. The suns emissions are NOT what "spun up" the asteroids.

HAARP's transmissions have hit the asteroid belt and is responsible for "spinning up" the asteroids. Imagine your at the asteroid belt and spitting on each asteroid, over time you will disturb them. Many are trying to say HAARP isn't powerful enough to disturb the asteroid belt. HAARP is the most powerful energy transmission ever emitted from Earth. It's energy is more powerful than a mere ion propulsion system on our satellites, it's sending the asteroid belt into utter chaos.

There is no way to fix what they have done.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
thanks for the clarification v. thought you had to start posts for them to count not just reply.
however, be advised i am not a member of your post modern instaculture.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

however, be advised i am not a member of your post modern instaculture.

Sorry if I came off like that I would be meaning you. I merely meant the general trend that has been going on in ATS for a while. I didn't mean you

-v

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
maybe there's just a lot of weird # going on right now and people need somewhere to type something when they dont understand whats happening around them. i swear ive seen more weird # in the last year...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

The propable reason for seeing more strange stuff recently might just be the reason that you are getting older, and hopefully wiser.

It is pretty common, that young people think they know it all and older they get, less they seem to know

Just saying.

-v

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Say what?!

HAARP is dragging asteroids that are over 450,000,000km's away???

HAARP's peak power output is about 12.5MW, do you know how much that is? It's about 10 wind turbines worth and you're trying to tell us that this measly 12.5MW can somehow influence asteroids in the asteroid belt?

edit on 13/12/10 by Chadwickus because: hard to type while laughing so hard

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

HAARP's transmissions have hit the asteroid belt and is responsible for "spinning up" the asteroids.

There is no way to fix what they have done.

And since when is this??
When did this happen??
Sources??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join