It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artwork; Channeling yourself and your Surroundings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Last night, I was sitting at the local Kava bar, and it was a beautiful night. It was very mellow, so I asked for a piece of paper and a pen from the barkeep.

Next to me was a beautiful display of flowers; a variety of different types of orchids. There was this one orchid in particular, and it said it wanted me to draw it. I happily obliged.

I spent the next hour drawing a very detailed still life of this pretty orchid, and the finished work of art was very magical. As with any artwork, I added my own unique take on the subject. I also noticed how the music playing in the background was also affecting how I drew. On fast songs, I would draw differently then when it was a slow song.

So that was last night.

Today, I took a look at my drawing again, and started doing some pondering...

Artwork is capturing a moment in time. It is capturing your emotions, and also the stimuli of your surroundings.

A neat little trick I do when listening to a college professor give a lecture is: I will draw a picture while listening to the professor talk. This actually helps me focus on what the professor is saying.

Afterwards, when I look at my notes and my drawing, the drawing holds memories from the class, and I am able to recall information.

On another note, I noticed my artwork changes based on my mood. If I am feeling down, my artwork is affected. On the flip side, if I am in a great mood, I notice I am able to make some absolutely phenomenal creations.

Environment also affects my artwork. Last night was a great environment conducive to inspiration. But if I am sitting in my car in a parking lot killing time, the distractions and cars driving by can be detrimental on my artwork.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

-SES

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yes its good to do some channeling but as always be careful when you do this...as other spirits can be attracted...I use this video to channel and meditate ...VIDEO LINK

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
That's a good observation. Who you are, where you are and when you do it make a great deal of difference in the artwork you produce. When you do artwork professionally the game changes as you must create regardless of mood and surroundings. I think this falls under discipline, something that is forced on you either through education or the demands of work.
That part was a struggle for me and took years to really settle in to.
I taught elementary art and one of the experiments I did was to play different kinds of music ranging from classical to speed metal while the kids did abstract paintings.
When we compared what they did we were all surprised at the differences. The classical music seemed to inspire very controlled and deliberate work while the metal music made the work chaotic and exaggerated.
After that experience I made a deliberate effort to listen to music that I thought would enhance whatever it was I was working on.

join