It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wave - Controlling the Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
People have often wondered how the German people could go along with Hitler and allow the atrocities to be committed that were. Often the say they would never ever go along even if they had to die. Thias film might change your mind as to how people can be manipulated

If you haven't seen the film The Wave then it is a must watch for anyone who loves freedom and wants to fight the encroaching tyranny. It is based on a true story of an Experiment in a 1969 American classroom a teacher tried in starting a Hitler Youth type organization as an experiment to teach the kids how it could happen and the results were quite frightening and pertinent today as we see things going on around us using the same techniques albeit more subtle but there. People want to be part of something and this show how this deisre can be used to control the masses to even turn on thier countryman.

Frankly I was surprised this had not been discussed here already Check it out.

Google Video Link

Or watch it on google with a larger screen:

video.google.com...#

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thank god ethics don't allow these kinds of experiments anymore. It's great to learn and know these things, but that's got to mess those kids up a bit, don'tcha think?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Thank god ethics don't allow these kinds of experiments anymore. It's great to learn and know these things, but that's got to mess those kids up a bit, don'tcha think?

Well the point is these techniques are still being used today albeit more refined and subtle. Whole countries are the experimental classroom.The whole wikileaks thing with Anon is a good example. Look at all the kids jumping on the band wagon wanting to be part of supporting what they think is fighting for freedom. Not even questioning if the cables are legit or care who gets hurt by the actions of Anon.

I didn't start this thread just for that however it is a popular example right now. There are others if you look around. Like the war on Terror look how many folks believe that we are fighting for American freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan? look how many people identify with the local football teams. I got nothing against being a sports fan but where I live the obsession is just sickening and annoys the hell out of me. People want to be a part of something and will even hurt others to maintain that sense of belonging.
edit on 13-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You think these techniques aren't being used anymore???

Take a very very close look at how smokers have been marginalized, branded as disease carriers, denied housing, jobs and even the right to sit on a park bench!

Its happened to smokers and next will be the obese.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thank you for this thread. Is a very important social experiment yet little has been reported on it. I do remember reading a little a long time ago. The original experiment was called the third wave and it is really surprising how fast you can get people to change. Just found a link en.wikipedia.org...
There is also a German film Die Welle that based on the experiment. www.imdb.com...
Will have to check this out.
We are always being bombarded with suggestions just not in such an obvious way.
We get told what to look like, how to dress, what to eat, what is happening in the world. The list goes on. Most of the control today is done, as most of you know ,through that box ( slim line version) sitting in your front room. Also magazines and such like. The good thing is most people on here are aware this is happening, can read through the lines and are not effected to such a degree as others are.
Are the others too far into the programming to be saved??
I do not think so. We all "woke" at different times after certain events and I think the majority will soon awaken and see the wool is being pulled over our eyes.
The real question is what next?
Ok take care Regards

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Just finished watching it...rather freightening when looking at social constructs.

I live in Japan and when I go back home to "my country" (another construct), I am shocked at the massive following of rugby and sports in general, it seems to have taken over the culture (cult-ure) and when I go back home it's hard not to get pulled into it, it's hard not to as it's so persuasive, it's always on TV, in conversations everywhere I go and everyones an expert with their opinions. When I come back to Japan is almost like a breath of fresh air to get out from under the group mind set.

powerful stuff indeed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 13-12-2010 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here is a link to the real teacher Ron Jones account of what happened libcom.org...

Also there is a new movie that just came out about it called The Lesson Plan at: www.lessonplanmovie.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This also reminds me of Obama's youth program. Like I said more refined but I wonder how they handle new recruit?. Any one here join Obamas Youth program (I forget what its called) want to defend it or perhaps confirm they are using these techniques? Would be interesting to get and inside look at that organization.

new topics

top topics

join