It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the ancients needed to know when eclipses where due? THE ANSWER!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well, I realised after I'd posted that I'd taken so long to post you'd beaten me to it and here was no longer any need, so I'm glad it at least gave you some reassurance. Your post was easy to understand, and taught me about the eclipse cycles. (with help from google)

Re the possibility of English being a second language, I'm finding those for whom it is often use better English than those who have been through the underfunded government school system.

Re "deny ignorance", too many posters seem aimed at promoting it.
There is such pride taken in expressing opinions without doing any research first.

It can be amusing at times.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So then, can we agree, based on the facts, that it is not so unlikely, that this knowledge was know to a few studious few who understood what was going on on a more particular basis than the average common folk, we can also assume, that those few could have used this knowledge and stage several events to occur in a precise moment in time, such as in an eclipse?

maybe they didn't know the exact time, as they didn't have the concept of hours, having moire a sense of "moments", but still, had scales to measure specific moments through time, such as the behavior of animals and certain plants.

The importance of timekeeping and eclipse chronology served several purposes, and one of them was to legitimize the connection of god to the highs priests of the ruling elite, and help keep the flock in check.

I´ve seen a few solar eclipses in my life, and the energy in the people and the environment in general does feel different, knowing what it is does not make it any less impressive!

cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

new topics

<< 1   >>

join