It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Man sentenced to have acid poured on face

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Hey.. he lives in Iran he knew the consequences.
Yeah they have messed up laws against things I wouldn't consider crimes and those are wrong, but in this case this guy committed a violent crime and knew what would happen to him.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Which shows the level of human stupidity.

A nation could promise to slowly drop people into wood chippers for crimes or cover them in honey and fire ants, people would still commit crimes. They could televise it and people would still commit crimes.

Thats why such torture is useless. It doesn't work as an effective deterrent. The truth is there isn't any effective deterrent. So the best thing to do is contain and control it. If these were domesticated animals we would euthanize them.
Its simple, clean, quick and effective.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You do make a good point. Seems to me through the point you made, that although some see law as a good deterrent, it is more of a crowd-pleaser. It keeps the victims happy that the assailant that did them wrong is being punished.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well think about this though.. maybe it is a good deterrent. We know this happens yet we keep hearing about cases of this type of punishment. Could it be that we hear about them every time they occur which is pretty infrequent.

It probably is a better deterrent than our correctional system.
Also.. I bet people punished this way are a lot less likely to re offend. They have the permanent reminders.

For clarification I don't advocate that this is a good system or should be imposed anywhere else. I'm just saying people that have lived in Iran all their lives have grown up knowing about these kinds of punishments so it's really no different than here.
edit on 13-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The biggest problem I have with justice that involves torture, is that someone has to administer it.

Can you imagine waking repeatedly, alone at night, seeing the image of that screaming face, contorted in agony, the eye liquifying as you pour acid into it?

Adminstering such justice is a cruelty to all concerned, even if they do not realise it at the time.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

What is the difference between that and someone administering death here?
2nd

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
The biggest problem I have with justice that involves torture, is that someone has to administer it.

Can you imagine waking repeatedly, alone at night, seeing the image of that screaming face, contorted in agony, the eye liquifying as you pour acid into it?

Adminstering such justice is a cruelty to all concerned, even if they do not realise it at the time.

Thats another issue I have with torture. Its traumatic for the torturer and he's committing an act of inhumanity.
Its more humane to euthanzie.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes like you said; Human stupidity gets them in trouble. But on a more "scientific" note it seems that it is merely a form of natural selection. For example, testosterone is attributed to high-risk behaviours in males, so if a male continues to take risks knowing in full the consequences and survives, then that male is obviously a good genetic specimen for reproduction, whereas the male that perishes undertaking a risk, merely becomes the discarded material. Just an observation.

reply to post by Kailassa

I would say that the person that would do that kind of job, is the kind of person that would enjoy it. Yeah. IMO, law is a joke. Although I see it as a good deterrence mechanism, it just seems a bizaare concept. Human beings have become enslaved to pieces of text. Picture it like that. It's just.. I'm not sure how to describe it.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

In summary it seems that in a world that has become dependant on urbanisation and societal structural concepts, "hunting animals" has been replaced by "breaking the law". You can see it in some youth, how they must "Break the law and get away with it" to become a man.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think the problem with such punishments is that it precludes almost any possibility of redemption.
When one is imprisoned, one can later become free, and perhaps go on to live a good life and be of service to others.

When one is blinded, it is for good, and the person is handicapped to become a burden on the populace or state, and any sort of redemption for their sins becomes so difficult as to maybe be impossible.

Plus who could do such a thing? Such a punishment requires the executor to take on the sins of the accused.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There is one perfect example of unconditional Love and Forgiveness, call him the Family Of Light if you will, and that is Yeshua. Ask yourself, what he would do in this situation. Following in his footsteps whether or not you go to any church, and whether or not you think the bible is a war mongler's dream (which I do), is the ticket off this planet and growing up, which means Love Love Love, and when in doubt here is a touch of what Love is: kindness, charity, forgiveness, not-retaliation, mildness, self control, non-fighting, peace, gentleness, consideration, truth, etc. It means turning all your weaknesses into strengths and becoming your advanced self.

This world is but a school, a matrix, and there is in truth nothing but condensed energy waves here. The job is LOVE. There is no time, its just a program, and you're the DVD player. In Quantum, you are a part of Infinity, and Infinite. Without Time, its all happening at once, all that is, was, and will be a the same eternal moment. We have an infinite potential to tap into, make U-Turns in our lives and find our way home.

There is always consequence to actions, and we don't have to mete this kind of thing out. There is karma and forgiveness, and people learn to progress through their lives, or, how many lives it takes in an infinite system.

We know this man has things to make up for and a need for forgiveness, and their is consequence, he will need to seek to undo, to progress.

The question is, do we think the same kind of consequence and karma needs to continually be dumped on us by the bloodlines and PTB who have set up all these traps for us in our banks, our system, our wars, the allowance of homeless and starving, and our legal systems.

Ask again, what would Yeshua do? "You may have heard of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth but I tell you this, turn the other cheek!"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Another example:

Standard International Version, John 8; 1-11

"Jesus, however, went to the Mount of Olives. At daybreak he appeared again in the temple, and all the people came to him. So he sat down and began to teach them. But the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery. After setting her before them, 4they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the very act of adultery. Now in the law, Moses commanded us to stone such women to death. What do you say?” They said this to test him, so that they might have a charge against him. But Jesus bent down and began to write on the ground with his finger.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Then he bent down again and continued writing on the ground. When they heard this, they went away one by one, beginning with the oldest, and he was left alone with the woman standing there. 1Then Jesus stood up and said to her, “Dear lady, where are your accusers? Hasn't anyone condemned you?”

She said, “No one, sir.”

Then Jesus said, “I don't condemn you, either. Go home, and from now on do not sin any more.”

He who is without sin, cast the first stone, but note, the what the one without sin actually did.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

Law functions as a deterrent by instilling fear of the consequences. If you look at western society, rampant in rape, murder and robbery, you will see the perpetrators sometimes smile in court, and admit gladly they have done the deed. Why? Because all they get in return is free food and accomodation in a prison.

Sir or Ma'am, if you believe that the West is the only place that Rape, Murder, and Robbery run rampant you are either sorely mistaken or just flat out lying to yourself and others. Either way, you should stand corrected.

In the Middle East, RAPE is such a broad term that forcing yourself upon an unwilling participant can hardly be considered such.

In India and Cambodia, you can buy yourself an 8 year old boy or girl to do with what you wish before dicing them into pieces and leaving them for the flies. The children have NO rights under said 'law' and are hardly considered human at all.

This isn't even to mention the murders that go un reported through both corrupt legal systems, propoganda, and limited journalism in these smaller places.

Iraqi - Ali Salem, 18, confessed during preliminary interrogations to killing 50 persons in Diala,Voices of Iraq - (VOI). en.aswataliraq.info...

Yemen - Mohammad Adam Omar, 48, confessed to killing 51 women in Lebanon, Kuwait, Nigeria, Yemen, Jordan, and Sudan over a 25-year period. Cut off the hands and feet of his victims, dissolved them in chemicals and kept their bones as mementos. www.crimezzz.net...

China

* Gong Runbo: found guilty of the murders of six children and teenagers aged between nine and 16 from 2005 to 2006
* Huang Yong: between September 2001 and 2003 killed at least 17 teenage boys; executed in 2003
* Shen Changyin and Shen Changping: found guilty of the murders of 11 prostitutes
* Yang Xinhai: confessed to killing 65 people between 2000 and 2003; executed in 2004
(Wiki)

65 people? Ted Bundy confessed to only 30.

So, as you can see from the examples above, most of these perpetrators were executed rather swiftly as compared to Western Justice. In America, a convicted killer could sit on Death Row for a decade or more.

Even with the stiff penalties and very swift executions, these men felt compelled to KILL over and over again, regardless of the severity of punishment.

Evil...Revenge...Greed...Hate...All of these traits and emotions ignore consequence. History tells us this.

Besides, these are the same courts that hand out DEATH penalties for Protest, a given RIGHT in the west.

Friday, October 9, 2009
Iran's Revolutionary Court has sentenced an opposition activist to death, in the first such verdict since trials of opposition supporters began in August. Monarchist Mohammad Reza Ali Zamani is to be hanged for participating in unrest last June, according to opposition websites.

Several top Iranian opposition websites reported that Iran's Revolutionary Court has handed down a death sentence to an opposition activist for the first time since August, when it began trying those involved in post-election unrest.

Iran's Committee on Human Rights Reporters says that monarchist Mohammad Reza Ali Zamani was "sentenced to death by hanging" for participating in demonstrations in the wake of June's disputed presidential election.

Zamani, who belongs to the Association of Monarchists, was not allowed access to a defense attorney, according to the report. The opposition Green Wave website notes that Zamani "made a series of confessions" during his August trial.en.wikinews.org...
edit on 13-12-2010 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The letter of the law kills but the spirit gives life.

All of the acts from beginning to end regarding this case stems from the false self and false belief systems.

It is your (fear) of if you didnt have laws everyone would run wild and destroy each other... not the not having laws that would cause it.

But since most cannot understand this you will have more of the same...death and destruction
edit on 13-12-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing
I like it, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth

Problem comes when you're wrongly convicted and you lose an eye for nothing...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

So if there was a trial and they could have an eye for an eye verdict?
We've had wrongfully convicted people spend years and jail and be executed before.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
holy crap, and i thought the US criminal justice system was messed up...
but what did this guy do? he deserves it if he is a diaper sniper

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't see the problem here. You do something that horrible to someone else, you must be prepared for it to happen to you too. That's the Golden Rule; Do onto others what you want done to your fine self.

Make your bed dirty, and you'll have to bang whatever crawls into it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
An eye for an eye... for an eye... for another eye... I suppose it works fine, so long as you're the person left with the last eye & are thus king. In the meantime, there are concepts which those who would prefer to not only allow their own thinking to be dominated by instinctual behaviours & emotions, but also want to impose such, by definition, animalistic attitudes that result on the rest of us, dont appear to have quite grasped. Its not entirely their fault b/c there are 1eyed kings who have a vested interest in blinding any competition. Such concepts can be roughly grouped under the heading "Civilisation".

Worth noting also is that its only recently in human history that legal systems have outlawed brutal violence as punishment for crime, but that history is replete with crime. We must therefor logically conclude that violent punishment isn't an effective deterrent, even tho that seems counter-intuitive. Actually, since criminal violence is almost always the result of strong emotion, its really really simple: the perpetrators are not deterred by the threat of punishment b/c they aren't thinking straight enough to consider the consequences of their actions. If they were, ordinary human empathy would kick in before fear of reprisals, so they wouldn't do it in the 1st place, regardless of what the threat of punishment was. In reality, what deters people from cold-blooded violent crime is the chances of getting caught, not the punishment, b/c any punishment, by definition, is a pain in the arse to be avoided. What does it matter to me if I would be "hung drawn & quartered" for killing you, if I know I can kill you & not get caught (which, btw, I can, so... be afraid, be very afraid... er, behave, be reasonable, be... Oh Noez! Brave?)? Do you want to live in fear of sanctioned brutality, or do you want to go about your life in peace? If its sanctioned for some, its a threat to you. Or are you above the law? Beyond criminal misuse of the law? Safe from your masters?
Yeah, right...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
These disgusting animals sicken me,
the whole very point of having a legal system is so that these 'tit-for-tat' occurances dont happen, this is going right back to before legal systems when people would exact their own 'justice' on the other party's.
How such idiotic anti-human country's are even allowed to exist is beyond me,

and by logic, if this man is being 'punished' by having acid poured in his eyes for throwing acid in someone elses, then surely he can also seek justice and have the people responsible for pouring acid in his eyes punished by having acid poured in their eyes & so on so forth..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

So he should. He has blinded and potentially disfigured the face of his lover's husband. Jail would be a too nice a term. Obviously the case of adultery sparked this situation, but it doesn't have to end in facial disfiguration. There was no need for the throwing of the acid in the first place

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join