reply to post by 12m8keall2c
In Australia, I actually worked at Dominoes for about a year, even earned my Wings (make 2x Supremes, 1x Hawaiian, 1x Pepperoni in 2mins
Some of the trade secrets:
1. The thin crust pizzas are actually factory made shipped frozen
2. There is only a difference of weight and dough rising time in the Classic Crust vs the Deep Pan
a. Deep Pan is about 400g of dough, and sits for 3 whole days in a 4 degree cool room to let the yeast mature, this is how it becomes thick when
baked, the more mature yeast makes bigger air pockets in the bread
b. Classic Crust is about 300g of dough, and has to be baked the same day it is made, little time for the yeast to mature takes away that spongy
bread, and you are left with the more traditional taste.
3. Pepperoni is the only topping added after cheese, all other toppings go under the cheese, mostly due to the oil pooling effect from pepperoni.
4. Dominoes are incredibly serious about their 100% 24 hour replacement guarantee. My house-mate would call up about 20 hours later the next day,
complain about his pizza from the night before, and have a new one sent to him. He would successfully pull this off every single time, it was truly
ridiculous, but Dominoes are strictly bound by their corporate policy.
And an awesome ingredient that definitely needs mention:
(mozzarella di bufala)
- Lucky if you can source the Italian stuff....but OH MY it changes the world of Pizza forever, you will definitely find it hard to go back to Cow