It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Videos coming to a Walmart Near You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Now the masses that go to Walmart will be able to soak in government propaganda at the Cash Register:

Now, Wal-Mart shoppers across the country will see Napolitano's message in a video as they stand in the checkout line.

Why Walmart?

"We are expanding 'See Something, Say Something' in a number of venues," Napolitano tells NPR's Audie Cornish. "It's Wal-Mart, it's Mall of America, it's different sports and sporting arenas, it's transit systems. It's a catchy phrase, but it reminds people that our security is a shared responsibility."

The "See Something, Say Something" campaign has had some major successes— most

Full Article

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

I recently saw something here at the Independence Mall (Wilmington ,NC) that was some of the grossest clear cut propaganda. "Silence only makes it easier" or something like that. It was the picture that brought it home to me. American soldier like blind folded with his mouth covered looking like scared. Ole glory and everything else flying behind him.

This will only get worse. Sooner or later we the people who try to say something will be the ones who are targeted by the people speaking up.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Great!!

walmart is a dump anyway and only poor folk shop there.

I have not stepped foot in walmart for three or so years and refuse to lower my standards by shopping for bucket basement bargins. As if would buy clothes or my shirts from there.

Mr A: "Hey, look at my new shirt, got it from walmart"
Work friend " Walmart? You're a di*k"
MR A "Whats up? What have i done?"
Work friend "Now you know why you have no friends and never get promoted. You come to work dressed in homeless clothes. Grow up and stop being a loser"

I buy organic and shop at local shops that cater specifically to that. (Also, I like to support my local community shop not cheap and nasty supermarket types) I don't need to save 2 cents on a bag of chips and collect points like its some kind of incentive.

I hope walmart collapses someday. If you go there to shop enjoy the security message from that old slag Janet whats-her-face.
edit on 12-12-2010 by c0ldPhr34k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

I currently live in a country where there are no Walmarts. At least that I know of. But thanks for the sentiments.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
no ones going to pay any attention to anything at walmart unless uncle sammy is giving instant cash credits or gift certificates if you can turn someone in while shopping:/

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
I currently live in a country where there are no Walmarts. At least that I know of. But thanks for the sentiments.

we should all be so lucky
2nd

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

How nice for you that you have enough money that you can afford to turn your nose up at WalMart. Everyone is not so lucky.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Eh, whatever. There are already hundreds of cameras at Walmarts, anyhow. I only go in there to walk around when I'm especially bored.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Use it. Start calling up these people reporting your congressmen/women, senators, state agencies and say they are doing weird things.

I saw this guy having lunch at 3:30.... Who does that? I think they are up to something. If enough people waste their time it wont live long.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
Great!!

Only "poor" folk? I don't know what kind of life you lead, and I don't care. However, there's no need to put ANYONE down for where they shop, or how much money they have. I see you're relatively new here, and because of that, I'll give you some leniency. How is your judging people contribute to anything positive?

I don't like walmart either, but I don't just go around offending the people who shop there. Only poor folk. . .you'd better wake up and realize there are more of those "poor folk" on ATS than you know.

You're no different than the people you claim to criticize.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
We all kinda saw the FED steel OUR tax money..who do i call neopolotino??? can i actually call homeland security and say we know/saw secratary of treasury steel our money and give it to the big banks and banks overseas??? for her to say watch out for shoplifters and people who mess up displays* is effin lame* i work in retail fora CVS, management. Sometimes we catch a kid steeling juice, or moreoften condoms* early teens. and sometimes redbull or 5 hour energy drinks..but they want it done quietly* as to not make a scene* its bad for business. You gotta have a employee witness with you, so the thief dosnt say you did things to him/her while in custody. years and years ago, managers could get away with it..nowadays all the thief has to do is say you did something and now its YOU that will also need a lawyer nad bailout possibly* depends if the cops knows you or not.
Thier creating paranoia* in my opinion. yeah, it is kidna nice to say something if someone is stealing yeah* i do admitt that. Ut its also hard, knowing walmart helped kick out and close stores i loved going too..caldors, woolworths, bradlees* My local wamart is kinda cool actually, to an extent. i have a worn looking bikers leather coat..just my stule* everywhere i go, macys, walmart..people look at me, and it gets annoying* i know they think im stealing or what a rough look he's up too something..its discriminatory... based on how i simply look, i am being judged* meanwhile, the clean cut guy downt he isle, is stuffing things into his pocket and no one suspects him* so it also gets to me, in a sens why should I after theyve treated me ya know?
One time, like 5 or 6 years ago, i bought a new A/C for my room, from walmart.. 2 youngish women stoof in front of me, beucase i was carrying it on my shoulder, biker leather coat, to block my path. i stopped as i going to register, and one scooted off to one side, the other, the other side. i was kinda pissed for a few seconds, but relaized they were doing thier job* not the manager, not the assitant...2 employees, and admired that*
few months ago, i went looking for a new watch* a woman working thier was hawcking me good with her eyes..i didnt like being watched like that, but again, knewshe was simply doing her job, thats all. i do realize i can stand out, all because of face scruff and the leather coat...but they did it quielty and ind oing so cared about if people were steeling or not.
the managers i cannot really comment on. like 3 years ago, another local walmart, i was waiting in line, evening time, with 4 things..meanwhile only 2 rgisters were open, so i was in a longish line. the manager? assistant? simpy leaned onto a booth counter, and talked with some woman, rather than opening a register* i waited a good 25 minutes till i payed for some conditioner, shampoo, and jelly* that had me pissed!
so i dont thin its the employees faults* we all know the lawsuits agiasnt walmart, and their female employees* its the managers i t hink that suck, and should be snitched on then* ive gone to walmarts, 2 of them local, for about 5 years now, and never had a complaint ever, about their employees ever...
no one likes a snitch* thats the thing. for napalotino to geture this, being a congress woman, and to have a public place like walmart, the customers,. aka taxpayers* snitch..i dont get what she's up too, and/or her campaing here*

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
Great!!

I have not stepped foot in walmart for three or so years and refuse to lower my standards by shopping for bucket basement bargins. As if would buy clothes or my shirts from there.

Mr A: "Hey, look at my new shirt, got it from walmart"
Work friend " Walmart? You're a di*k"
MR A "Whats up? What have i done?"
Work friend "Now you know why you have no friends and never get promoted. You come to work dressed in homeless clothes. Grow up and stop being a loser"

I buy organic and shop at local shops that cater specifically to that. (Also, I like to support my local community shop not cheap and nasty supermarket types) I don't need to save 2 cents on a bag of chips and collect points like its some kind of incentive.

I hope walmart collapses someday. If you go there to shop enjoy the security message from that old slag Janet whats-her-face.
edit on 12-12-2010 by c0ldPhr34k because: (no reason given)

Honestly I hope it collapses also, but for you to boldly call Wal-Mart shoppers poor is a bit insulting to common people trying to live by stretching their dollar. They dont have to be poor and many small towns have no other options. I have not even seen a Wal-Mart in 4 years, due to employment, but that does not mean it's "for the poor" no, they are a basic monopoly on some small towns and people simply have no choice.

Adding gustapo type video to prey on peoples paranoia, which was programmed by the same entity that is now pushing this agenda is completely insane.

Coming sometime 2011, Police State near you! check your local listings for time of show, and ... wear a mask to keep the person next to you from tossing your ID at the officer becuase you brought your drink in your own bag instead of buying from the establishment.

Bring on the fall already

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

That is an excellent idea. My only concern is that if enough people do it, they'll start arresting people for misusing the hotline.

top topics

join