It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean boat sinks off Antarctica

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Here's my vote for the culprit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6db9608ada75.jpg[/atsimg]

Ahhhg, send him to Australia, wouldn't last two minutes..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Its unclear if somebody did that ... North Korea ?????

tension could get much higher if somebody start saying
IT WAS NORTH KOREA

Well,... you just did !!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Antarctica is a mysterious continent.

A few ships and crafts had 'mysteriously' sank or 'disabled' to cause death to those visiting or making passage there.

More so with this korean ship filled with koreans, russians, chinese and other nationalities. The question begs, why were there? Fishing trawlers are but often coverups for something more secretive.

So what were they doing there in the mysterious Antarctica? And sank before they could attain their objectives, with the loss of our precious brothers and sisters there?

Best an indepth investigation be carried out. Were there evidences of a 'being' manipulative event such as torpodoes attack, or something natural? We need these to be confirm honestly, without fear or favour, for the lives of our fellow kind and those that loved them to rest in peace.....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow the Arctic sea claims a victim. of course it is not known for those Soubthern ocean swells to get big! I seriously doubt that NK has the reach to sink this, sometimes the simplest explaination is the best one: Some kind ok catastrophic machinery failure was to blame imo.

The most interesting thing about this is that a SK ships lifeboats successfully launched! Ask any Lloyds register surveyor and they will tell you that maintenance of ships survival gear is pretty low on the list of priorities.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
South Korea have had a base in Antarctica since the mid-late eighties. What intrigues me is that they go all the way down there to fish for Krill, but haven't found a way to consume it in an economically sensible way! It gets exported or used as animal feed... Which begs the question - why bother? Perhaps having fishing vessels down there a lot of the time acts as useful cover for secretive experimentation in tandem with their research base.

Here's a linky-dink:

Korean base and mission in Antarctica

I highly recommend reading that link - it's very interesting and comes from a well-translated Korean journalist.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I watched many videos and read some lengthy articles about it, but have yet to actually read his said diary.

Admiral Byrd was a very high ranking officer, who wanted to press the issue so badly that he then fell out of a 16 story window, they called it a suicide. This conspiracy has always got my bells ringing when I hear of "accidents" out near Antarctica.

Richard Byrd died on March 11, 1957 in his sleep at his Brimmer Street home in Boston. Admiral Byrd was buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

Try to get your conspiracy's straight.

Some say "James Forrestal" Was suicided by falling out of a 16 story window.
Source

edit on 13-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Bet you feel stupid now, huh?

NKorea threatens SKorea with Nuclear War

Sorry pal but your aloof attitude just jumped up and kicked you square in the face!

NB - I'm
'ing at the irony of K-Unknown's comment, not the severe issue of nuclear war in Korea. Which as we all know, is not even remotely funny.

EDIT TO ADD - thanks Slayer for making me feel stupid for not checking out the details of the Admiral Byrd 'conspiracy'... Seriously, I should've checked that.
edit on 13-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes .. south korea might use this accident to wage war on NK
they admitted firing first one month ago
they probably sinked their own vessel
and now this .. each time there is SK people dying
but its not NK who want that war
somebody wants to play a victim role in front of the world
so they can be backed up

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just to add to the debate further, A south sea fishing vessel would be a viable war target as this area ( i use the term loosely as its a huge area) is littered with russian and asian factory ships which do a pretty good job of assett stripping natural resources of the sea from the countries that sold the fishing rights.

So for countries like Korea, that rely heavily on imports of its preffered seafood then indeed a food source is a military target. I stll have my doubts that NK could reach that far or have unobserved subs in the area but......

returning to my earlier point, the safety record on these factory ships is appalling, in my time in the Falklands the King Edward hospital in Port Stanley there was a conveyor belt of sailors from these ships, with mostly crush injuries or from wires and ropes that have parted and get caught in the whip lash.

I still think that some kind of machinery failure is to blame, for example if you loose steering, no matter the size of the ship, if you show those south sea swells your beam you will sink sooner or later. I guess a torpedo from somoeone with a reason to incite war is possible i still think there is a need not to jump to conclusions on this one.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Russia: North Korean Envoy Chastised

Foreign Minister Sergey V. Lavrov told his North Korean counterpart on Monday that his government was deeply concerned about North Korea’s uranium enrichment efforts, and he condemned an attack on a South Korean island, the ministry said. Meeting with the North’s foreign minister, Pak Ui-chun, in Moscow, Mr. Lavrov also urged North Korea to abide by a 2005 commitment to abandon its nuclear program, Russia’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement. Mr. Lavrov “expressed deep concern” about North Korea’s “industrial uranium enrichment capabilities,” the statement said.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by phatpackage

I agree, this is the second SK fishing trawler to go down in recent times.. I would just put it down to poor standards and practice by careless captains

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Big fishing companies in new zealand sell quota to these huge russian / korean deep sea trawlers because of the lack of our own and cheap indonesian labour, a process which is currently being phased out do to the rape of our fisheries and the blatant disregard for safety and maritime laws. There was a documentary on this aired last year i will try dig it up

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hope this isn't a submarine false flag operation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join