It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emailed News Station About the Wikileak: TX Company Helped Pimp Little Boys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
After I read the thread WikiLeaks: Texas Company Helped Pimp Little Boys To Stoned Afghan Cops , I decided to email a few local news stations about the story to see if they will air anything about this leak. So far, the only station that Ive gotten a reply back from, was NBC - DFW (Dallas/FtWorth).

I sent them a link to this blog Link and also this guardian link Article

I got a regular "we have recieved your email" a few days ago, then earlier today, their content planner emailed me back and said this.

"Thank you for writing NBCDFW.com. We will look into this.

If we are able to do this story, we may contact you to arrange for a
good date, time and location for an on-camera interview.

Thanks again for writing, and thank you for watching NBCDFW."

Im hoping they will atleast air something about this leak. So far, I havent seen anything about this on the major news networks, other than the guardian article.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY how we need to go about creating real change. We can’t rely on the MSM, but if we all pressure our local news stations to air these kinds of stories, we just might be able to wake up the rest of America.

I really hope they decide to run this story. Keep us updated.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If it ever goes any further, you should politely refuse any interview.
You alerted them the relavant articles, and that, along with their 'investigative Journalism' skills,
should enable them to draw up a story.
Eg; a reporter standing in front of the comapnies HQ, etc, etc.

With the Govts paranoia, and
watch lists big enough to wrap the states in xmas paper,
you should be reluctant to go anywhere near them.

Good on ya for the effort!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

Agreed! I was kind of surprised to see a station like NBC (even though it is the local area station) actually email me back. I was thinking one of my local newspapers would be the first, but they still have yet to write back.

I also talked to a few friends of mine from the area and suggested they send in the story to the media networks to, if they want to.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I asked them to investigate, but Im not sure why they said they may contact me for an interview.

They have much more resources than me to use while investigating this. Maybe they will come up with something more?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That's a standard reply. They are unlikely to contact you further. I like your idea though. If we all write letters to the small media outlets, they might stop sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. But probably not.

e.g., where I was living previous to where I am now, I spotted a burning home, photographed it, got the story, told them about the guy that ran back inside and was fighting with his girlfriend over a cat while inside in the fire - u could see them through the burning windows. I'm a photographer and shot amazing photographs, from beginning to end, with the firefighters risking their lives and everything. I alerted the local news people, and you know what I got? The same email that you did. Instead they ran some stories about Kroger have chicken on sale and some other bs pieces.

That's where America is, with a whole bunch of **** stuffed up their butts so far, they could **** if they had a ******* ice cream scooper.

new topics

top topics

join