It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean State Media Announces Preparation For All-Out War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by backinblack

NK in the korean war lost 30% of its population alone to the us...god I cannot imagine now. We would bomb them to dust before cnn could release the first war headline

Maybe, but you do know it's not the US's war..
But keep in mind I think there is around 30000 US troops and civilians in SK and they are all in range of NK weapons..

I'd rather no war or at worst a war between NK & SK...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Seeing how I am in the military I USE these such weapons. Get out of your fantasy world, obviously your not in the marine corps. The weapons N Korea put along there border last week lmfao missles from the late 60's. Korea does not stand a chance hence the reason they wont back up there bark. I know nothing will happen, if something was going to I would have already been briefed, all sf would have. Just like earlier this year with iran, we were briefed and ready to go over there than got the stand down. Get some experience before you try and correct me.

You would of been breifed. HMMMM, I was in desert storm, and i tell you what. I WAS NOT BRIEFED. The only time i got any info was when we were almost there. The day before we got there. YOU ARE A PAWN. NOTHING, in the eyes of the military. THEY OWN YOU, get it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Sounds like your unit was a little off, im in recon, we've been briefed before each porrible skirmish. They own me? Lmao i own me. If I want to pi## on the govt then I will, if i want to pi$$ on you then I will. Maybe you feel like your a little pawn and have no control of your life but me...I do.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Nowhere in any of my posts did I say I wanted the war. Matter of fact I don't want the war, we have nothing to gain from a 3rd world country. At the same time I am not going to sit around and watch when they over run the border either if that were to happen.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

if i want to pi$$ on you then I will.

Not me my friend. I do enough of that myself: damn these long drinks and short breaks.
It's good to seem sure of yourself, but never cocksure..

edit on 13-12-2010 by aorAki because: beer

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ah sh***...can't find the link, but yesterday tony blair "predicted" a conflict in the Peninsula, but he sais it's going to be a minor regional conflict...normal war. If Tony Blair predicts something, it's probably more of knowing what's going to happen down there...so...that's all I got...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Don't you mean Dennis Blair?!

LOL @ Tony Blair!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

holy moly lol...total brainfart there...well whatever...tony blair, dennis blair...same elite co**s*****

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't understand why so many people can't see that we humans have been running a mind-set of "Might is Right".

Because this mind-set is the basis for most human endeavours since pre-history it has to reach a natural conclusion, meaning, it cannot go out with a whimper. It has to by it's very definition end in a bang.. a Big one.

Only once we have finished with this mind-set totally, can we move on to the next evolution of human-kind without fear of inviting Might is Right back into our experience.

No matter what happens with Korea or China or Iraq/Iran.. humans will bring us into another massive warring scenario that is likely to be short, sharp and extremely deadly. We are simply stupid despite our Self-Righteous attitudes and apparent advances.

/rant

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

In most cases when it comes to war yes.. most people would rather take advice from someone who has fought it than someone who has gotten all there facts from cnn. NK can't even barely feed there people yet they can afford to manufacture/purchase all these special weapons that will dominate the usa. Get real, what's next paraguay? Lmfao Go watch more cnn

With that attitude I doubt you are very high up in the marine ranks. I hate TV, let alone fascist propaganda networks like CNN. I get my information from people involved in foreign affairs, and ATS since it is a good medium for news itself.

If I want to pi## on the govt then I will, if i want to pi$$ on you then I will. Maybe you feel like your a little pawn and have no control of your life but me...I do.

Recon eh? As in Afghan assassination squad recon or Ghost Recon?

Perhaps you've heard of "Don't Tread on Me"? It is the old Marine flag, afterall... so practice what you preach.

Matter of fact I don't want the war, we have nothing to gain from a 3rd world country.

Yup, you clearly have no strategic comprehension. The US is an empire that needs 3rd world countries, why else would the US be involved in war between NK and SK? Why else would the US invade Afghanistan and Iraq? Why do American oil corporations own Nigeria? Why, instead of aid, did the US send a few thousand troops and Monstanto GM seeds to Haiti? Because 3rd world country means production exploitation for empires.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

North Korean State Media Announces Preparation For All-Out War

www.businessinsider.com

From the official media organ of the DPRK, word that the country is prepared for "all-out war" with its southern neighbor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well I hope that the North Koreans are monitoring all these websites that talk about them because I'd like to tell them that if they "push the button" the war will go hot again but only for a few weeks. In about a month if the North Koreans have not do so first the rest of the world will happily hang dear leader and his overfed son.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by fordrew
Could result in the destruction of the world

Okay.

Truth is: North Korea is a paper tiger. It has only a handfull of nuclear weapons and even those are fireworks that would struggle to destroy a hospital, let alone a city. Sure, it has an enormous army. But so what? In the modern age firepower talks, not numbers.

BS. Technological superiority is only superior if war is fought in optimal conditions, like in a computer simulation program. If a technologically superior army is guaranteed victory, then why is the US still fighting armed farmers in Afghanistan and Iraq for the past 9 years?

But the US are guaranteed victory. There's no doubt over the end result is there? It will just take longer, ironically, to defeat these "farmers" than it would a large army.

You cannot compare this with an all-out war with North Korea, which would be pretty "optimal conditions" and where firepower will talk. The USAF would strike NK from the south with wave after wave, and the navy will unload from the Sea of Japan. What exactly is NK supposed to do about that?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Tru the NOrth is being back into a corner with a big ass stick.

We gave them the nuke know how.
We gave them food.
We gave them oil.
We gave them everything they wanted and the keep wanting more them greed little NK leaders.

Time to shut his supplies down and shut him down back him into the corner and say what are you going to do about it.

By the time he starts moving equipment out of his caves we will SBLM with MIRV and the EMP will shut that whole entire country down and with no power or infrastructure it will become a humanitarian effort with the million streaming across the border for help.

This guy has nothing.
If he had a nuke he would have set one off for everyone to see.

Stop bowing to this fool back him in the corner and see what happens.

If he launches one round in our direction it is time to take the gloves off and unleash the military might.

This put this to an end asap.

I was supposed to go over to Korea last week and told my boss sorry. They are going to war soon and you dont pay me enough.

RB out

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

I agree. You are in control until they put you in the ground.

If you are not in control you .

1. live in Iran
2. Live in North Korea
3. live in Somlia
4. Pakistan

Or any of the non democracy countries.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

War of the world.

Good over evil.

Evil always looses.

Good guy defeat bad guys.

This will never change.

You will always want what we have but your government will never let you have freedom because then they are not in control.

War sux but it has to be fought and people have to die.

People always have to die.

That is a part of life dieing.

Some live some die.

I will die someday as well.

When I do bury me head first so you all can kiss my stones

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The scenario that makes the most sense:
1) U.S. and China agree to something. (The U.S. will have to give up a lot in order for China to be cool with reunification of Korea.) Maybe, no more U.S. weapons sold to Taiwan or anyone else in the region...including for certain the new Korea. U.S. would also have to LEAVE Korea....etc....The point is there are enough chips out there to trade with China for them to agree to reunification.
2) Once that is established, the U.S. will probably remove no more than a dozen or so loyalist and Kim of course, and the North Koreans will rejoice. ( The Koreans are nothing like the tribals of Afghanistan or the Iraqis that were only unified by British map drawers. You have Kurds, Sunnis, #es, who make Republicans and Democrats look like incestuous siblings..... The point, easy to reunify the Country if the U.S. wanted it. Yes, the U.S.
....(vote Ron Paul)

That is the scenario that makes the most sense. However, because the U.S. just won't do that, it will remain the status quo. They won't do it for corporate economic reasons, and of course for military reasons since being in the region is just another nice place to be closer to China. The U.S. is not interested in reunification, which of course is damn tragic.

But you can forget the idea that some war is going to come out of there. The two main parties are not interested.

For the sake of keeping in the spirit of this thread...if crazy man did start a barrage on the South, then I am sure there are some formal Iraqi Republican Guard dudes sitting in front of their t.v.'s in suburban America, and yelling something like.. "Boom there goes the dynamite!" or "Run Forest Run!" like they were watching some bad reality t.v. show. They understand how quick a military war with the U.S. is. (occupying a country is obviously a whole different ball game)
A "military" war with North Korea would be shorter than Iraq's. There is no question. China of course would have already advised the U.S. to have a "measured response" meaning, go ahead and take out the few in command and military targets...BUT no ground troops. No occupying. The Red Cross, and South Korean aide workers only, and maybe the U.N. folk for some monitoring those that might take advantage of available unused North Korean weapons, in other words....(we have to keep the now free military officers from selling their weapons to the unfriendlys.)...Could you imagine Al Qaeda getting a hold of a crappy North Korean Sub!?

Anyway....Status Quo....unless China and the U.S decide for some reason they want to change things. Kind of like the U.S. and the Soviets with Berlin........but Korea is a wall that both U.S. and China want maintained. A reunified Korea would just magnify the prosperity of the South right now...we in the U.S. might start seeing "made in Korea" more than, "made in China" Do you think China wants the extra competition? Not to mention of course a U.S. friendly Korea as far from China as Florida is to Georgia.
...But then why doesn't the U.S. want it? Our bases and current relationship with the South...with no threat from the North then they might just tell the U.S. they can go home and take their toys with them...They might also decide that they are no longer the dude from main street USA trying to negotiate a credit card contract with Visa or even Best Buy. (no more take it or leave it, powerless negotiating) That wouldn't be cool for Walmart or any of us to have our Korean products go up in price.

That probably is just the tip of the iceberg and a few examples why....China and the U.S. want...and will....keep,

STATUS QUO!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

For 20 years I've thought a war between the North and South would break out. NK has been threatening war for many many years. Remember the 4th of July threat on U.S. last year? Never happened. They threaten, then they get money to keep them quiet for a while. It's just the way NK "begs" for money.

Having said that, it's very possible this recent stunt is to show off the leader's son who is taking over his dad's job…flexing his muscles.

But having said that also, option for war in that region of the world is never off the table.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
North Korea is biting off more than they can chew.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
NORTH KOREAN STATE MEDIA ANNOUNCES PREPARATION FOR A GIANT PARADE
PLEASE STAND BY......
edit on 13-12-2010 by freakgenius because: racism, profanity, and references to hard drugs removed (my bad)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The NK state media is always "preparing" for an all-out war---the simple fact is, that much like in 1984, the only way they can control their people is to raise the spectre of the "other" and how they must be prepared to fight the capitalist oppressor, and the people need their government to "protect" them. Not much we can do about it, but if I had a penny for every time the North said we were about to go to war, I'd be building my "2012 ALICE bunker" right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join