It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA -terahertz-scanners-tear-apart-human-dna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This was picked up by infowars:
Terahertz waves are not "ionizing radiation". I thought erroneously they had few bio physical effects Guess I was wrong:

Because of the potential profits, intense research on THz waves and applications has mushroomed over the last decade.

Health risks

The past several years the possible health risks from cumulative exposure to THz waves was mostly dismissed. Experts pointed to THz photons and explained that they are not strong enough to ionize atoms or molecules; nor are they able to break the chains of chemical bonds. They assert—and it is true—that while higher energy photons like ultraviolet rays and X-rays are harmful, the lower energy ones like terahertz waves are basically harmless. [Softpedia.com]

While that is true, there are other biophysics at work. Some studies have shown that THZ can cause great genetic harm, while other similar studies have shown no such evidence of deleterious affects.

Boian Alexandrov at the Center for Nonlinear Studies at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico recently published an abstract with colleagues, "DNA Breathing Dynamics in the Presence of a Terahertz Field" that reveals very disturbing—even shocking—evidence that the THz waves generated by TSA scanners is significantly damaging the DNA of the people being directed through the machines, and the TSA workers that are in close proximity to the scanners throughout their workday.

From the abstracts own synopsis:

"We consider the influence of a terahertz field on the breathing dynamics of double-stranded DNA. We model the

* next page >>

More at:
www.helium.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well time will tell I guess.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
As the scanner can see superficial implants, it must be able to penetrate tissue to some extent.
So I wonder, what effect this will have on male fertility?

new topics

join