It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerns with Islam: The Thoughts of an American Convert.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So I have come across this free ebook written by an American convert. In it she explains how in the West Islam is sanitized. She goes through and points out what really goes on in Muslim countries and quotes sources to back it up. It's an interesting read and I would suggest it.

Ebook: Link

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Her observations seem pretty spot on according to my research. I have looked at Islam from many different angles and have always seem to reach the same conclusion.

Albert's statement at the end is where we all should start down our path to God.

But that is only the first step and we each must find our path. It seems the author (sorry, only skimmed it) is starting to notice her first big lesson in how to judge your path.

My thoughts only.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I dunno....she seems to have been a bit sloppy in her research. A couple of referenced hadith don't exist, and many say the exact opposite of whatever point she wants to prove. The rest are from very weird and untrustworthy sources (Kanz- el-'Ummal? What is that?
), or from supposed "scholars" with no islamic backing (why would I care what some Saudi judge has to say?).

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I looked up some Hadith she quoted. One mentioned was Kanz- el-'Ummal which is a secondary hadith and is considered a da'if (weak) one. Hmmm.

I looked more into Hadith it goes:
-The Six Books (Bukhari, Muslim, al-Sughra, Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, and Majah)
-Primary
-Secondary

So Kanz- el-'Ummal falls into secondary or the bottom rung of hadiths.

join