It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US corporate greed(again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This country seizes to amaze me time after time 70% of budget spent on equipment and materials. US contracts $267 million, Haiti $4.3 million. It's no wonder we're so dispised by other countries.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I feel you.

Your only choice is who to hurt least in order to survive in this world.

I wish people would wake up all at once and throw a tantrum.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

So people complain when business ship jobs over seas, because it puts americans out of work, but when we hire american firms, thats bad as well?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by mtnshredder

So people complain when business ship jobs over seas, because it puts americans out of work, but when we hire american firms, thats bad as well?

Thanks for proving my point. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world, what a lot of them call home amounts to a tarp, a few poles, no bathrooms or running water and sleeping on the dirt. You don't think they could use a little help and a few bucks to? I don't have a problem with American companies helping them rebuild and making some profits but to do it at the expense of others mis fortune and then deny them jobs we said they would have to rebuild their own country is BS and corporate greed at it's finest. Just shows how little we really care about helping these people, it's all about profits. I'm betting you wouldn't trade your worse day for their best day and comparing this to shipping jobs overseas is not even close to the same scenario. Yes we need jobs but it doesn't make it right to go to another country and take theirs, especialy poor countries like Haiti I'm sure they need jobs worse than we do. I know firsthand how this feels, being a painter, illegals have taken over my trade for the most part and put me out of business.
edit on 12-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The money would be better spent helping people there in the u.s who dont have homes or food to eat...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I agree we need to address our homeless issues in the states, it's sad to see in a country that has (or had) so much wealth, but they don't want to fix the problem, it's not a priority and the TPTB have nothing to gain from it. Now..........if the gov and corporate America could figure out how to make huge profits on the homeless, problem solved.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

I agree we need to address our homeless issues in the states, it's sad to see in a country that has (or had) so much wealth, but they don't want to fix the problem, it's not a priority and the TPTB have nothing to gain from it. Now..........if the gov and corporate America could figure out how to make huge profits on the homeless, problem solved.

Exactly.. Theyve become so focused on profit that theyve lost all compassion and humanity.. Sad when people value wealth and material possessions more than they value the world and people around them..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Compassion and humanity? Was not sure if Webster still had a definition for that, but yeah sad state globally, we need more people like yourself.

new topics

top topics

join