It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboard campaign claims Jesus will return in May

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My friend Jesus came back from Puerto Rico yesterday.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

Thanks for checking out their site and reporting back. I guess time will tell what their purpose is although some on the thread have given some pretty good assumptions about what it could be.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I guess they figure posting billboards is safer than joining discussion forums like ATS where they would have to endure having their butts handed to them every time they opened their mouths. Can't exactly have an open,intelligent discussion with a billboard,now can you?

edit on 12-12-2010 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I will.

In response to the topic at hand....bollocks.

People are controlled throgh fear of (rather, loss of) their own mortality and some consider religious institutions as intellectually superior to themselves. Whether it's money, membership or just individuals looking for their 15 minutes of fame, it wont happen...but that is no secret.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Very nice! Made me laugh!! Star 4 you!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Thanks for checking out their site and reporting back. I guess time will tell what their purpose is although some on the thread have given some pretty good assumptions about what it could be.

No Dramas...
Seriously,I struggle with some of the things that are done in Gods name,makes me cringe.

Luke 16:8- And it is true that the children of this world are more shrewd in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light.

^
This is a rebuke to Christians,

More often than not we should shut our traps and open our hearts and hands...

Thanks Majestic,

Violet.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Yes! We should invite them to discuss their views on this thread. I'm sure we'll all be "enlightened."

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Who knows?

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Let us pray Christ comes in a good mood

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by fonenyc

Ironic eh. They seem to contradict themselves. The billboards read that, "Jesus is coming back in May" (more or less) and then they say that the world will be destroyed October 21st, and the rapture is May 21st. I wonder what "scriptural evidence" they have to back up these claims. I would go look, but not on a good connection right now.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

We individually decide the paths we take in life. I believe that we are all Gods. I believe our souls are immortal. I do not necessarily believe in a supreme being. I believe when we die, we are reborn.
Do you ever wonder why you exist NOW? in the present? Sit back for a second and think about it

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I always just figured mum forgot to take her pill.

In all seriousness though, I wonder if it's some sort of viral ad?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'd be seriously tempted to burn those billboards down.

No-one has ever harmed Christianity like Christians have.

If I was Jesus, I'd have turned atheist by now, so I could mix with a better class of people.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
*Sigh*

Pertaining to His return-

Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Did they not read this bit?

edit on 12-12-2010 by BlackViolet because: Cause i repented for saying things that i shouldn't...

Well let us all hope and pray they are right and we finally see the back of christianity as they get whisked off to the celestial north Korea in the sky.

If the rest of the religiolous follow suit we may have a fighting chance at some peace on earth at last.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Originally posted by BlackViolet
*Sigh*

Pertaining to His return-

Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Did they not read this bit?

edit on 12-12-2010 by BlackViolet because: Cause i repented for saying things that i shouldn't...

Well let us all hope and pray they are right and we finally see the back of christianity as they get whisked off to the celestial north Korea in the sky.

If the rest of the religiolous follow suit we may have a fighting chance at some peace on earth at last.

Haha Djin,Unfortunately it's not gonna work like that,Have to take the good with the bad in some cases,
and that's the shame about it,you never see they good,they are too busy doing what they should,not seeking to
make a noise about it,not looking for any award or reward,only doing what they have been asked and what
they know to do,you never hear about them but i assure you,they are there,

Regards

Violet.
edit on 13-12-2010 by BlackViolet because: Of stinky typing

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I find it a bit amusing that it's the same month in which the movie "Thor" (based upon the comic book about the Norse god from Marvel comics) comes out.

Of course, this sort of claim has been made so many times over the last 1980ish years that it isn't even funny. The first of these was when Jesus claimed that his followers would live to see his second coming.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

make a noise about it,not looking for any award or reward,only doing what they have been asked and what

Which begs the immediate response "Would they still do it for its' owns sake if they were commanded to do it through fear of loss?"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When Jesus comes back, it will only be to smack some sense into all the senseless people who have taken his word and taught misguided things with it. That is what I think.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My birthday is October 21!

I won't be be able to legally drink...

ha.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you hang around long enough, you can get used to mankind. I mean giving short change, when you can get away with, or relaying the intellect to the mouth via the feet. It all being so common, that we mistake it for sanity.

I've even seen russians standing up after more than two pints of vodka, mastering S's reasonably well. And wanna-be jihadists insisting, that buddhism is a schismed splinter-faction of Islam.

But the more colourful parts of christianity can still inspire some grudging admiration in me. Where do they get all this from, and how can they survive crossing a trafficked street being so totally out of tune with mundane 'reality'.

Though I'm not so worried about the obvious sellers of spiritual snake-oil. The silent types, who think that D-g is a bit tardy with Harmageddon, and thusly have stored a private arsenal of a-b-c to z weapons to help things getting started are those to watch for.

If only we could find them.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Jesus is coming back just in time for Summer Blockbuster season!

I like how Jesus has kept Christianity waiting for 2000 years and not only do they think he'll be back any day now but they think they can predict exactly when

Reminds me of when Pat Robertson said the world would end in 1982, how was that guy not run out on a rail?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't know whether to pack my bags for a trip or celebrate as I usually do...

May 21st is my birthday!

MY wife on the other hand says, of course the world as we know it will end on your birthday, makes perfect sense to her for some reason.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join