It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboard campaign claims Jesus will return in May

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

At least, that's according to organizers of a billboard campaign slated to hit metro Atlanta next week. Allison Warden of Raleigh, N.C.-based WeCanKnow.com said the Christian Web site plans to place 50 billboards in the metro area proclaiming the rapture and Jesus' imminent return, based on analysis of Scripture and biblical genealogy.

"The Bible teaches that Christ is returning on May 21 and we want to encourage people to go to Scripture and investigate for themselves," said Warden, who insists the Christmas-timed campaign is not a gimmick. "All information in the Bible points to this date. God is going to be saving people right up until the last moment."

According to WeCanKnow.com, following the rapture for believers on May 21, God will destroy the world on Oct. 21, 2011.

Entire article on AJC.com

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I do not believe this at all. I think it looks bad that they are posting this on billboards. OK fine they can say whatever they want to on their website, and believe what they want, but posting this on billboards to the public, which goes 100% against the scripture and Jesus's teachings that they're trying to turn people to, is misleading.

Unless they know something I do not, which I highly doubt. I just posted this to start conversation really? What do you all think?
edit on 12-12-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Funny Christ comes back around his birthday lol

Originally posted by majesticgent

At least, that's according to organizers of a billboard campaign slated to hit metro Atlanta next week. Allison Warden of Raleigh, N.C.-based WeCanKnow.com said the Christian Web site plans to place 50 billboards in the metro area proclaiming the rapture and Jesus' imminent return, based on analysis of Scripture and biblical genealogy.

"The Bible teaches that Christ is returning on May 21 and we want to encourage people to go to Scripture and investigate for themselves," said Warden, who insists the Christmas-timed campaign is not a gimmick. "All information in the Bible points to this date. God is going to be saving people right up until the last moment."

According to WeCanKnow.com, following the rapture for believers on May 21, God will destroy the world on Oct. 21, 2011.

Entire article on AJC.com

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, I wonder what creds they will lose come May 22nd, and then again Oct 22nd. I was gonna go rogue if they said May 2012..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
they will make thier money in donations before the cut off dates.

xtians, believing jesus is coming, will join and donate their worldly money.

and when the rapture fails, the repo wont

link   
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." Matt 25:13

No one knows when Jesus will return. That is what the bible says.

Funny how you can claim to be a believer but go against what you believe.

link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Ironic eh. They seem to contradict themselves. The billboards read that, "Jesus is coming back in May" (more or less) and then they say that the world will be destroyed October 21st, and the rapture is May 21st. I wonder what "scriptural evidence" they have to back up these claims. I would go look, but not on a good connection right now.

link   
Strange how anyone can put pretty much anything on a billboard. If Jesus doesn't return on that date, can they get charged with false advertising?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
From the year 1000 when europe almost starved because they didn't plant because the year one thousand was the second coming...
To the Germans in WW ll who went along with the Nazi plan because they thought it was the end of the world.
through to Jones town, the comet cults etc
Someone wrote a book listing them all
apparently it is a pretty thick book.

One thing all the Christian cults that have forcast the end of the world have in common
and there are a ton of them over the years.
they have all been wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

My sentiments exactly!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Maybe it is a scare campaign to get people into church for tithes.

I was never a fan of brainwashing or the fact of I am worshiping someone/something I haven't met. IMHO aliens, but that's another thread all together.

I have my reasons to be skeptical.

Sounds like in the end all the church wants is money.

But I really don't know.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Hmm. I wonder, but in all seriousness. If they do manage to get a few people to believe and those dates come and go, they might go astray. That's my problem with it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yes it is a shame for these screwballs that discredit (or try) the mainstream Christians.The meek are to inherit the earth, so why is everyone (nuts) trying to get off it.I Think scripture say's no one will know the hour, so right there, that leadership is deceived about the bible. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
*Sigh*

Pertaining to His return-

Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Did they not read this bit?

edit on 12-12-2010 by BlackViolet because: Cause i repented for saying things that i shouldn't...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Agreed. You have to wonder how much they spent on those billboards, when they could have been using it for something more christian like. Say, I dunno, feeding the homeless maybe?!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

Surely they know this and have read it time and time again. Even people who do not believe, yet study the word, know that no one knows the day or hour save the Father. Are they just seeking attention? Are they just setting the stage for this:

Matthew 24:24 NLT

For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Prophecies are all crap. Plain and simple. Let me give yall an example. Prophecy #1 The sun will spew forth a new form of Pop-tart on December 13th 2010!
Prophecy #2 I will wake up tomorrow (December 13th 2010) and I will go to Hardee's for breakfast!
No one can predict the future. We individually decide our own fate(s).
I will have a Monster Biscuit for breakfast tomorrow, who's going to have the new Pop-tart?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do you think we individually decide our own fate(s)?
Do you think that we make the decisions that ultimately lead to our fate? Philosophical Julie is philosophical.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by BlackViolet

Surely they know this and have read it time and time again. Even people who do not believe, yet study the word, know that no one knows the day or hour save the Father. Are they just seeking attention? Are they just setting the stage for this:

Matthew 24:24 NLT

For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones

Hello There Majestic,

I went to the site-

we can know . com

and had a look at their home page,Seems like they played scripture bingo for a while
and came up with this,...
I am trying to have the right heart towards by Brothers and Sisters,but sometimes...

Are they just seeking attention? Are they just setting the stage for this:

I am not sure of their motivations or intents,What i do know is that it adds to the confusion
and that is not a good thing...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In reply to DisturbedToo,

What flavour is this Pop Tart?

It is Dec 13th here and i am waiting,I am gonna chunder if it doesn't happen...

edit on 12-12-2010 by BlackViolet because: Editing my posts makes me feel powerful

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
No one can predict the future. We individually decide our own fate(s).

This statement is worthy of another thread/discussion in itself, but I wouldn't go as far to say all prophecies are "crap" though. We do decide our own fate, but history also determines a lot of what happens to us in the present which determines certain things that happen in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join