It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would have made this a post but Im a little unsure as to how to do it properly. This has to do with Leonardo De Vinci and the way he painted using `Anamorphosis painting`.
He was able to paint a piece of art then with the use of cylinder, triangle boxes ext... `mirrors` you would see a whole different painting in the mirror.

With that said this is where I need anyone whos listing HELP.

If you look at the Skull and Bones 322 original picture you can see there is something very odd about it and I think it is an Anamorphosis painting. I have no clue as to how to decode it and if someone ANYONE would look into both Leonardo`s anamorphosis paintings and the Skull and Bones 322 you will see what Im mean. I think 322 could be the measurements for the mirror to use on top of many other things 322 is for.
I never wanted to tell anyone about this until I figured it out but I don't have the time to play with it. There is different downloadable programs you can use the does anamorphosis but I never got around to doing it. `There is a hidden message, picture or meaning in the Skull & Bones painting I just need help decoding it.`
With all that said Leonardo invented putting coded messages in paintings and many have followed in his step ` just not as good.`
If anyone does in fact look into this, send a message and let me know what you`ve come up with.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Ghrwilson because: .

edit on 13-12-2010 by Ghrwilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hey Davespanners. That's pretty funny. I wish I had thought of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok , I'm just experimenting here...

I reversed, copied, and pasted a layer, then reduced the opacity of the top layer to 50%. Interesting. Notice the centered eye. Looks animal-like.

(Huge Pic, Scroll to view)

I did the same with Da Vinci's self portrait. The eye is also centered.

I figured I'd post to see what the internet investigators make of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am curious to know what book was used to make this discovery, and what is said in the book. Why didn't someone reading this book at an earlier time make this discovery? This sounds suspiscious to me, but I can't make an informed decision without knowing more about the book that lead to this discovery.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

What do you see if you turn 72 upside down? It's the same in each eye. Simply LV (Leonardo da Vinci) saying, "look what I did". Knowing the kind of man he was, it's no surprise that he liked to do things differently and enigmatically. No hidden message. No conspiracy. Moving on.

The news report made the same assumption and I would likely agree if I could actually see anything. If Leonardo intentionally planted a coded message or his initials (which would be impressive but not impossible), I would think it would be a little clearer. If one was taking the time to do such a thing, I would expect a little more order and similar font at a minimum. Meh the 'paint by numbers' theory is starting to look good.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have a Question???

Is this code in English.

Something is wrong with this picture

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Just go to bing and type in high resolution pictures of mona lisa. There should be and image result click on the 4th pic and it will bring you to a page with a side bar that has a bunch of pics on it. There is one thats just her face click on that one and click zoom its easy to see. I tried posting a direct link but when i clicked on it to make sure it worked it brought me to an error page. But you'll find it this way easily.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by audiopackrat

I always felt like this painting has a creepy under water look to it. What you did gives the painting even more of a creepy under water look. It looks really cool though.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I doubt that there will be anything come of this. If he hid information in the painting then it is likely that whatever he is refering to has been lost.

On the other hand, you have to consider that this information was/is not meant for mass consumption.

If this is a message to a secret society, and that society still exists, then it is unlikely that they will step forward and announce what was being conveyed. There is also the possibility that if the information was being withheld from a group, and that group still exisits, the same is true.

As others have pointed out, this is one of the most studied paintings in the world; there is no chance this is a new discovery. The most likely explanation is the one that most here have come to; This painting is a fake, someone discovered that fact and this story is the cover.

Given the sales number for Dan Brown's books and movies it is a sure-thing bet that some reference to an obscure book that led to this discovery is a perfect dead end to send the masses down. Even if the book is presented and all the symbols released the story still ends with we don't know what it means.

End of investigation.

Numbers and letters? They are the initials of the forger and the version number of the painting.

When I was in high school and university I used to write papers for some of my friends. It originally started as proof reading, however in university I gave up on that and just wrote the paper's for them to save myself the headaches (most of the guys had gone to private schools...when Daddy is paying tens of thousands of dollars a year, Jr passes).

Starting in highschool, every paper I wrote for someone else had my name incorporated into the document. Originally I simply placed capital letters into words where they didn't belong but by university I was deliberately circumventing the spell checker to include either extra letters or substitutions.

I got the idea from a show I had seen about top-notch art forgers; original or forgery, all artists sign thier work.

edit on 14-12-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by davespanners
Isn't there also a problem that the Mona Lisa has been restored in the past so the paint on the very surface wouldn't be by De Vinci?

I'm not sure how it works but couldn;t the letters and numbers be from some sort of restoration attempt?

According to this only the bottom half the painting has ever been restored after acid was thrown on it 1956.
www.lairweb.org.nz...
Some age spots were removed in the 1950's but they were afraid to really clean it.
And something else news to me: "X-rays have shown there are three different versions of the Mona Lisa hidden under the present one."

Thats the thing though they have x-rayed this painting and gone over every surface with a fine toothed microscope...and they are JUST NOW finding this! weird i say!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Hi audiopackrat

can you do once more the reflection + 50% but this time center the two eyes together (right eye on left eye and left eye on right eye!) thank you!
edit on 14-12-2010 by dreamerxristos because: Mistype

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Are we sure these people aren't suffering from a serious case of Pareidolia and wishful thinking.

One minute they say

"To the naked eye the symbols are not visible but with a magnifying glass they can clearly be seen,"

Then in the next paragraph

"It is very difficult to make them out clearly but they appear to be the letters CE or it could be the letter B

Which is it? are they clear or impossible to make out?

I think it might be a couple of art historians that are desperate to make a name for themselves

That's probably the fake painting and the real one is tucked away in vault at the Vatican.
CE hmmm interesting letters....

CE Mark - Wiki

The CE marking (also known as CE mark) is a mandatory conformance mark on many products placed on the single market in the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking certifies that a product has met EU consumer safety, health or environmental requirements. Originally "CE" stood for ("Communauté Européenne") "European Community". According to the European Commission today the CE logo has become a symbol for free marketability of industrial goods within the EEA without any literal meaning. By affixing the CE marking to a product, the manufacturer – on his sole responsibility – declares that it meets EU safety, health and environmental requirements.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Originally posted by Xadaz
The 72 clearly refers to the 72 virgins that are gifted to Muslims upon death. What else would the secret behind the smile be?! He saw Islam as the true religion even back then

This is the most obvious sign that we in the West should convert immediately.

Tongue firmly in cheek

Yeah...that part about the 72 virgins...Hummm...It was never told if they were 72 young female and beautiful virgins or 72 young boys or older men or even 72 virgin sheep......

Plus after 72 nights you have no virgins left bad deal!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by walter kurtz
I've read through quite a lot of the pages & haven't seen below mentioned;

“I can’t offer any comment on the scientific value of this 'finding' since the scientific basis to support it are missing,” Carlo Pedretti, the world's leading scholar in Leonardo studies, told Discovery News.

“Under the microscope, the eyes of the original Mona Lisa -- not those appearing in magnifying high-resolution images -- do not present any cryptic sign, such as numbers or letters, but only the craquelure (or cracking) also visible to the naked eye,” Pedretti, who heads the Armand Hammer Center for Leonardo Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles, said.

And from the same website -

Alessandro Vezzosi, the director of the Museo Ideale in the Tuscan town of Vinci, where Leonardo was born in 1452, agrees.

“Scientific tests such as non-invasive X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy have revealed many interesting features, but certainly no letters and numbers,” Vezzosi told Discovery News.

“People are so fascinated by this painting that they can see everything in it,” said Vezzosi, the curator of a traveling exhibition called “Mona Lisa Is Naked,” which explores the impact of the enigmatic lady on art while gathering portraits of a half-naked women with clear links to the famous (and clothed) Mona Lisa.

Discovery

According to these guys there are no numbers or symbols & until I see high res pictures from Vinceti showing where they are, I'm siding with these guys

Portrait of Mona Lisa (1479-1528), also known as La Gioconda, the wife of Francesco del Giocondo; 1503-06 (150 Kb); Oil on wood, 77 x 53 cm (30 x 20 7/8 in); Musee du Louvre, Paris
www.ibiblio.org...

what was the date of these quotes? I also noted no one mentions that the subject of this paint is known.

Portrait of Mona Lisa (1479-1528), also known as La Gioconda, the wife of Francesco del Giocondo; 1503-06 (150 Kb); Oil on wood, 77 x 53 cm (30 x 20 7/8 in); Musee du Louvre, Paris
www.ibiblio.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
it seems they think this may be an authintic Da Vinci also

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fe26f633bb3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

to every body that wants to see a pic this is the best i could find let me no what you think.

therealtimer.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I came across the last super on a web site.. not sure who was the person who added the link on davids site, but it clearing shows something wearing the red robe .

link if interested
www.davidicke.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I believe i read somewhere here in ATS that there was a picture in Mexico of another one that they found with numbers in the eyes too.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
it seems they think this may be an authintic Da Vinci also

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fe26f633bb3.jpg[/atsimg]

This painting is new to me, but again it looks Hermaphrodite.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join