It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Several moons ago Dr Expired commenced a thread relating to the possibilty that Da Vinci painted Mona Lisa "whilst visualising Adolf Hitler".
The comparative analysis of the smiles (after decade of analysis) led me amongst the worlds experts to conclude that "da vincis " Mona LISA was in fact a warning to the future about the ANTICHRIST>
Alas the boffins and Buffoons of the pre ww2 era could not fathom anything other than what Hitler said....ie the brandy effect.
Da Vinci warned the world that a pretty smile would ruin the Earth...but hey the graet thinkers ....they argued about the detail.
Adolf may have been a woman in disguise as many thinkers suppose....but he /she dominated the dolts of potent diplomacy and shafted the likes of trouseer chamberlain types in the west.
Mona Lisa with numbers.....think man....its not that hard.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In one of my trips to mexico city went to see the virgen mary of guadalupe temple in el tepeyac hills.Is been said that the virgin eyes have some images imbeded of people and situations from the time of colonization,and only thru the microscope is visible. im talking about a piece of canvas from the 1500-???is it possible that painters have the ability to paint something like that from that time???in such miniature context??

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well, I gotta thro in my 1/2 cent worth of knowledge here...

I suspect, as we all know, that every major work of art, painting, and perhaps statues too are replicated by the elite "for their own collections"...or for mundane reasons such as protecting the original.

My guess then, is that this particular photo/link is pointing to the replicant version of the MonaLisa and not to the original.

Every national museum has more than one of their "one of a kind" artifacts...just makes common sense. Plus there are art thieves around and rather than foist a fraud upon the people by displaying a fake...maybe the original is just being dusted in private for the artsake protection.

On the other side of this parable is that fact that I doubt the master himself would entertain a notion that called for numbers/letters in the eye, since no brushstroke would print that small anyway...

In conclusion: this particular rendition of the ML is most likely a fake...like that moon rock "C" in those armstrong went to the moon pics.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For those stating that the Mona Lisa painting is a fake (for whatever reason) remember that these guys found a book that made reference to these numbers/letters being written at/around the locations they found them.

If this was a fake then those who made this picture would have to know about the letters/numbers even though experts on the painting knew nothing about them.

Of course nobody is really sure of anything right now, especially since the books name is still a mystery (I didn't see it mentioned in any previous post).

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Incredible!!! Mindblowing! But in about 50 years they'll tell us it was the code to a lock or something that was used around the time that is now worthless..... Or it could be another Dan Brown best seller! lol

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

There is a ton of mystery in that painting. I have taken hi res images from it and blown them up to study it inch by inch. The most fascinating part though does not even need to be enlarged The folds of her sleeves, especially the right sleeve are just TOO precise. In addition the angle of her fingers seem to mirror the folds in the sleeves, all pointing toward nothing and "something" at the same time.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Interesting topic.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
They've decoded it!!

It says, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It only took you imbeciles half a millennium to find my signature? Astonishing...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Now as great a possibility as this seems to be remember that there is also a chance that its also just a matter of flecked paint. One of the big mistakes a purveyor of the truth can make is creating it for themselves. Just something to keep in mind when seeing these new discoveries.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by tauristercus

Well, 5x magnification of a pix-elated copy isn't the same as viewing the original under a microscope.
2nd

ill second that . ive just been playing around with corel painter and you cant actually zoom an image without it pixellating . so youde need to take your own magnifying glass and go visit it to actually see anything . as no matter how much you crop and zoom in an editing program the image will eventualy pixellate

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You know what is interesting is the way that the numbers discoverered happen to be ...none other than 72...the DIVINE NUMBER now how crazy is that and does it fit right into Conspiracy and why does it point to the cabal and Zionists and yet another reasons to put out another movie possibly that will involve more of this enduring propaganda..lets look shall we.

The Seven Names.

The number of divine names that require the scribe's special care is seven: El, Elohim, Adonai, Yhwh, Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh, Shaddai, and Ẓeba'ot. R. Jose, however, considered Ẓeba'ot a common name (Soferim iv. 1; Yer. R. H. i. 1; Ab. R. N. xxxiv.; "Sefer Yeẓirah," ix.). R. Ishmael held that even Elohim is common (Sanh. 66a). All other names, such as Merciful, Gracious, and Faithful, merely represent attributes that are common also to human beings (Sheb. 35a). The prohibition of blasphemy, for which capital punishment is prescribed, refers only to the Name proper—Yhwh (Soferim iv., end; comp. Sanh. 66a). In many of the passages in which "clohim" occurs in the Bible it refers to Gentile deities, or in some instances to powerful or learned men (comp. Gen. iii. 5; ), to judges (Ex. xxi. 6), or to Israel (Ps. lxxxi. 9, lxxxii. 6; see Tan., Ḳedoshim). Adonai sometimes refers to a distinguished person (comp. Gen. xviii. 3). Even the name Yhwh, misused in the narrative of Micah (Judges xvii. 2, 3, 13; xviii. 6), is not a divine name, according to the decisive authority (Sheb. 35b). A list of all the doubtful divine names found in the Scriptures is given in Soferim and in the codes.

The Talmud says Shalom ("Peace"; Judges vi. 23) is the name of God, consequently one is not permitted to greet another with the word "shalom" in unholy places (Shab. 10b). The name Shelomoh (from shalom) refers to the God of Peace, and the Rabbis assert that the Song of Solomon is a dramatization of the love of God: "Shalom" to His people Israel = "Shulamite." "King of kings" in Dan. ii. 37 refers to God. "'Attiḳ Yamin" (ib. vii. 9) refers to the Ancient One of the universe (see Yalḳ., Chron. 1076). The pronoun "Ani" (I) is a name of God (Suk. iv. 5). The first verse in Ezekiel ("we-Ani") refers to God (Tos. Suk. 45a). Hillel's epigram "If I [am] here everything is here" (Suk. 53a) is interpreted as referring to God. The divine names are called in the Talmud "Azkarot," or "Adkarata" in the Aramaic form. Divine names that occur in the handwriting of minim should be excised and buried in the genizah (Shab. 116a; Cant. R. ii. 4). God is named also Ha-Geburah ("The Majesty"; Shab.87a), but generally Ha-Maḳom. ("The Omnipresence"),accompanied with Baruk-hu ("Praised be He"). For other appellations see list below.

It became the custom at an early period to use the name of God in personal greetings, as "The Lord be with thee," or "The Lord bless thee" (Ruth ii. 4; Ber. ix. 1; comp. Mak. 23a). The Greek inquisition in Judea prohibited the utterance of God's name, but when the Hasmoneans became victorious they decreed that the Name should be mentioned even in notes and documents. The formula began: "On . . . in the year of the high priest Johanan, the servant of the Most High God." The sages, however, opposed this innovation, as they thought the Name would be defiled when the notes were canceled and thrown away as useless. Consequently on the third day of Tishri following, the record says, the Rabbis forbade the mention of God's name in documents (Meg. Ta'anit; R. H. 18b).

Cabalistic Use.

The cabalists, in their system of cosmology, explained the significance of the names and added other divine names. The most important name is that of the En Sof ("Infinite" or "Endless"), who is above the Sefirot. The Forty-two-Lettered Name contains the combined names of (spelled in letters = 42 letters), which is the name of Aẓilut ("Animation"). The cabalists added the Forty-five-Lettered Name as being the equivalent in value of Yhwh ( = 45). The name is derived from Prov. xxx. 4—"what is his name?" The numerical value of the letters (= "what") equals 45 (Zohar, Yitro, 79a). The Seventy-two-Lettered Name is derived from three verses in Exodus (xiv. 19-21) beginning with "Wayyissa'," "Wayyabo," "Wayyeṭ," respectively. Each of the verses contains 72 letters, and when combined they form the following names:

please go to the site to see the image for the names

none other than the Jewish Encyclopedia

Now there is reason to suspect that Leo was part of the Elite with a special connection to the cabal would lay in the history of Leonardo would it not...

Leonardo and the Jewish Tradition
It is well known that Leonardo was born two months after Piero da Vinci took a proper Tuscan bride, and that he was afforded Piero's name and home. What is intriguing about Professor Bruschi's disclosures is that his mother was likely to have been a Jewess, and "actually a sort of a slave."

Bruschi's statement that Jews from Russia were common among the domestic or rural workers of Tuscany, and that their status approached that of slaves, deserves looking into. A new aspect of the Judaic heritage remains to be researched and documented.

The town of Vinci in which Leonardo was raised.Leonardo's awareness of his mother's Jewish ethnicity would be another factor in the explanation of the iconoclasm expressed surreptitiously through his art, as Father Franco Bontempi pointed out in HHF Newsletter74. In light of Professor Bruschi's revelations about the circumstances of Leonardo's birth it is timely to review and update the research by "Don Franco."
Don Franco's thesis was that Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519), a rationalist at heart, turned from Christian dogma during the latter part of his life. Leonardo expressed his disenchantment through subtle, progressive changes in the subjects of his paintings. Secondly, in the gradual process of detaching his works from Christian credo, Leonardo reached toward the "Old Testament," to the Judaic concept of free will, and to humanist precepts which were roiling under the surface of church-dominated society.

Leonardo's statement could only be made cryptically. Any Christian, particularly one so renowned as Leonardo, who dared to outwardly express such a transformation would be considered a flagrant heretic. To flaunt such views publicly would be to invite the tortures so exquisitely applied by the Inquisitors.

It is necessary, therefore, to interpolate the metaphors and symbolism of Leonardo's latter works within the existing conditions in order to fathom the Leonardo's intent. This Don Franco has done, and has developed a viable construct of Leonardo's message.

Leonardo was not uniquely iconoclastic; he reflected the current of humanism and rationalism that was gingerly surfacing in the Renaissance. The current had ancient founts, dating back to the outset of Christianity, when it was embroiled in a controversy between the orthodox core of the church and a significant challenge to church dogma, Arianism.

Does this makes sense for hidden messages

moving from christiandom to a radical way of thinking back then could be deathly to your health...so hidden messages would be the tactical method.

Also is it possible that he had some contact with nostradamus who too would be faced with the same critisism from the church at the time who would therefore also have to use cryptic messages to get points across.

It is said that Nostradamus visited the sistine chapel while Michaelanglo worked there-and it is possible that he had provided some inspiration for the artists' fantastic fresco of the last judgement. It seems Nostradamus also had some contact with leonardo Da Davinci. this contemporeity of universal geniues can be no accident. It came about at the first unfurling of the epoch of modern man, labouriously emerging from the darkness of the middles ages. During the renaisance an occult literature flourish that derived fom ancient hermetic texts,dating back according to tradition , to Melchisedek,the priest god,eternally living,who initiated Abraham in the esoteric teachings that gave rise to the Cabala.

from the book
Nostradamus the lost Manuscript
by Ottavia Cesare Ramotti

So now we do have some reason to belive that there could possibly be some hidden symbology in the painting itself for the purposes of furthering the cause of the cabala without coming under the scrutiny of the church persecution for having alterior beliefs espacially between scholars of such high ranking when it comes to church business.
If this possibility was found out it would have been the death of both these men and It would have been the biggest conspiracy of the time so secretcy was of the utmost importance was it not?

edit on 033131p://f58Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by awesomebikerbabe

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by tauristercus

Well, 5x magnification of a pix-elated copy isn't the same as viewing the original under a microscope.
2nd

ill second that . ive just been playing around with corel painter and you cant actually zoom an image without it pixellating . so youde need to take your own magnifying glass and go visit it to actually see anything . as no matter how much you crop and zoom in an editing program the image will eventualy pixellate

I suggest that you go take a look at the SizeFixer website and read up on their very, very, very low loss/noise software. Take a look at the examples they provide of MAXIMUM enlargement with hardly any distortion.

In my enlargement earlier, I used SizeFixer XL ... try using say, Photoshop or Paintshop to enlarge the same image and see what a mess it makes regarding noise and pixellation.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime

I wonder what the LV implies?

Possibly that he was prophesising the rise of Louis Vuitton handbags in the future

This is an amazing find and I really hope that it something special and not just little notes to himself. We have no idea but the LV 72 could be something as boring as personal notes about which colours to use.

I am fascinated as to how the notes were so small though.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I see a P in there plain as day ...

It looks artificial however.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, about the number 72.

In Da Vinci's time, and place, that was the "official" number of books in the Bible. Both Catholics and Protestants today may be confused about this, because there are different ways of numbering the same material, but there was a significance to wanting to have 72, rather than say 73 books, which modern Catholic Bibles have (only because Lamentations and Jeremiah were split). And certainly, the Protestant count of 66 was automatically repugnant, considering the triple-sixes that were found in the final book of the Bible.

Christians often overlook tell-tale indications of rampant numerology in their traditions, but it was something important in the ancient world, including within Judaism, so shouldn't be too much of a shock.

Both Protestants and Catholics did finally agree on the books in the New Testament at least, after a period of historical revisionism that swept Europe (usually called the Reformation, and Counter-Reformation). That number was 27, which interestingly enough was the mirror image of the "complete" (traditional Catholic) Bible of the 72 count.

Taking the numerology thing a bit further, both 72 and 27 are each equivalent to nine (2+7, 7+2). Turn them upside down, and you're back to sixes! Really, some of this seems to go too far, since Arabic numbers really didn't figure into anything 2,000 years ago. Of course, Roman numerals don't always help either: V11 & 11 look like elevens to us, and everyone today is suspicious of both nines and elevens, most especially combined!

Hmmm. Da Vinci? Sounds more like could be Nostradamus.

JR

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i made a thread in general discussion and didn't realize this was already being discussed. here is what i have to add:

So what could the initials mean or even the number? Is anyone familiar with the theory that Leonardo was part of the Priory of Sion, which i think could have been real? Maybe there is more to the DaVinci Code?

You can also check out my thread where i connect John the Baptist, freemasonry and the knights templar with Leonardo, it is very interesting. Did you know the first Freemason's were called John's Brothers, named after John the Baptist? Also it is rumored that the Templars worshiped John the Baptist over Jesus. And lastly Leonardo was obsessed with John, many of his paintings about John the baptist are VERY controversial, in fact his painting of jesus and john as babies shows that he think John is more important than Jesus! In Leonardo's day this was very controversial and he was sued by the church whom he created it for! There is definitely something to these eyes and even more to John the Baptist! Visit my other thread for a breakdown of davinci's john paintings

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-12-2010 by BeastMaster2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
it's a code put in there by the illuminati.They comishend the mono lisa,leonardo was a freemason himself

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I see three possibilities.

1. The historians are wrong and this will unravel after further investigation.

2. Da vinci invented the first microscope, i really wouldn't doubt this because the guy was a once in 100 years genius. One of the people who makes massive leaps on behalf of our species.

3. The painting is a fake, the real one stolen years ago and replaced somehow. The artist of the forgery including the numbers as a bit of a joke.

Sorry, Da Vinci did not invent the microscope...from wikipedia:

The first microscope to be developed was the optical microscope, although the original inventor is not easy to identify. An early microscope was made in 1590 in Middelburg, Netherlands.[1] Two eyeglass makers are variously given credit: Hans Lippershey (who developed an early telescope) and Hans Janssen. Giovanni Faber coined the name microscope for Galileo Galilei's compound microscope in 1625 [2] (Galileo had called it the "occhiolino" or "little eye").

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The past is the past.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join