It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by keymaster
He was riding a forklift and was actually supposed to be off already but stayed around to help due to the fact that the roads were miserable.

OK -- forklift. Thanks (I was thinking golf cart).

Plus (as I showed in my earlier post) the film of the roof collapse has been sped up.
He may have been driving that forklift fast, but it looked even faster because of the sped-up video.

edit on 12/13/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
It's a time-lapse video (i.e., it is sped up).
A hint to me that the video has been sped up is that the snow seems to be falling from that hole awfully fast

The black object could simply be a golf cart, which only looks like it is moving fast due to the fact that the video has been sped up.

The anchor person on this news cast mentions that the video is time-lapse and NOT normal speed:
www.cnbc.com...

edit on 12/13/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

K if its time lapse I vote for cart and a scareddddd groundskeeper. Makes sense.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
I see one of the moving cameras on the ropes but I understand its too boring explanation for ATS. Ghost horseman is much better

probably not exactly this but similar thing

edit on 13-12-2010 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

For someone being so snide such a suggestion surely deserves the eye roll. Lights from the ceiling? Talk about far fetched thinking.

Just b/c someone asks a question doesnt mean they are implying ghost, or conspiracy or anything but the question asked. What is this.

It appears it may be solved. Time lapsed grounds keeper on a cart of some sort.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Folks...It's a Maintenance person or grounds keeper on one of those quick moving cart. Something like you'd see on the runway of an airport. OR better yet one of the carts that an injured player is taken off of the field on.

Settle down

edit on 13-12-2010 by Rage012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
To quote a comment on the YouTube page, "it was one of the workers. He was on a golf cart. This video doesn't show it well but Five Eyewitness showed him."

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As I just said a few minutes ago, if you check this link, you will see that it was a maintenance man on a forklift.

True story.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow. Could some Katrina Hurrican Ghosts be haunting the sporting domes of America?

How cool?

Metrodome Collapse: Video analysis shows somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
blogs.citypages.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I saw this video when it FIRST came out, it was quickly edited by Fox sports? I guess, or whoever made the report. Anyway, when this video first posted, you only saw one view from the security camera facing the collapse area from the opposite side of the field, which gave you a view of the entire field. The first video shows this shadowy mass come from the far left of the screen(left end of the field) and go all the way across the screen to the right, as the shadow progresses further to the right it morphs into what looks like somebody on a horse. That video was QUICKLY replaced with what you are seeing now, the video is cut as the shadow gets to about the 40/35 yard line, in the first video it goes all the way to the end of the field, it is that part of the video that is crucial in seeing what the mass morphs into.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Thank you for posting that video, I had been unable to find one showing the object go to the exit tunnel. It is still hard to definitively identify it, but it is obviously not a skycam as some are saying. It also doesn't look like a horse, but more like a cart which is what was posted earlier by hotbakedtater.

I'm still curious why all of the video edits, as mjsmor mentioned. What aspects are they not wanting to show, and why is there not a real-speed, full edition available? Makes me, being suspicious by nature, think they are hiding something.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So if thats a cart maintenance man how the blue hell is a fork lift moving that fast i worked around forks lifts before and they dont move that fast! and also carts dont go that fast either its a pretty cool object whatever it is

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ha! I actually pointed it out to my wife as being "someone running his ass off out of there" and didn't even realize how impossible it'd be for anyone to move that fast. That's a pretty cool shot. I hope that it stands up to scrutiny, but that'd be a remarkable clip if it does.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by keymaster

I totally see it now. Should've waited on my initial response, but oh well. Man, I can imagine that folklift never went that fast in its life.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
So if thats a cart maintenance man how the blue hell is a fork lift moving that fast i worked around forks lifts before and they dont move that fast! and also carts dont go that fast either its a pretty cool object whatever it is

The video is speeded up. He was not moving that fast.

Sadly now that the TRUTH is known, it won't matter because people refuse to read. Had you read the thread, you would know the video is not at normal speed and that it was a man on a forklift who could not go home because of the roads, so he stayed and helped out. He was emptying buckets set up to catch the leaks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I know who it is!

That shadow in Metrodom looks like a horseman, could it be... perhaps, 1 of the 4 horesemen of apocalypse?

lol, at least I tried...sheeeeesh... it has already been debunked.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Even though it is not an animal or anything mythical, the OP does have a very keen eye. Looks to me like it is one of the forklifts that the use to assemble the camera stands and to bring in the electrical equipment for the cameras. I bet that technician got the crap scared out of him when the tear started to appear. Then again, maybe it is just a disgruntled Vikings fan.

Didn't they have a similar problem like this back in the 1980s with the snow?? I'm wanting to think that it was because I somewhat remember hearing something about another incident like this.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The media said no one was in the dome at the time - we believe them and try to figure out what it is. A total of 5 people in and around the dome. Well at least folks didn't let them wiggle out of this one - we cried Horse!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Does anyone know what kind of pressure and force snow actually has?

WHen it piles up in a heaping pile and causes extensive pressure as it has done at the metrodome, it can cause devastation, as we have all seen. It is also normal to have snow fall 200ft in seconds as it becomes more dense and hard packed from percipitation. Snow can most definitely fall as fast as it fell in the time that it did fall on video. Also, Anyone who has Time lapse video capabilities or video players and has used it would know this: This video was not sped up 4 times, 5 times or ten times faster.

Especially when the audio matches the speed of frame on the video. Perfect Normal speed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
okay where is the regular video footage then?

reply to post by Blaine91555

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
okay ive now seen a clearer image it is a fork lift or a cart not a horse thread dead

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Perhaps this thing moving across the screen is nothing more than a shadow. Considering that there are lights on inside and things are falling, shaking and moving about, it would not surprise me in the least.

Either way, I watched the video several times without noticing it until you pointed it out OP... GOOD CATCH!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join