It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Everything collapses in Minnesota lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I sooooo want this to be paranormal, but I have my doubts. Great eyes OP.

But, I think it may be a ?four wheeler? instead of a horse. The "galloping" that we all see is the ? going behind the benches and the spaces in between the benches give the illusion of up and down movement because of the speed at which it is traveling.

If you just watch the part where it is beyond the benches (the fox news link is clearest) you can see that the "legs of the horse" never leave the ground. This makes me think that they are wheels of some sort.

And it wouldn't be the first time reporters were wrong......

Still crossing my fingers for ghost horse though.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
OK yall. I just called FoxSports and spoke to a lovely young man named Lou D'Ermilio.

He told me that there was no horse in the stadium at 5 am (lol) and he watched it while I was on the phone with him.

He confirmed yes there were people in there that morning. It is a cart, the video is filmed different than say a movie, he said it was more choppy, and he also said yes the video was sped up.

So, this comes straight from the HORSES MOUTH!!! (rofl) FoxSports.

Star for you, my fellow Kentuckian.

Now watching the video makes sense. Only watching the snow trails they are obviously discontinuous. At some point the video cuts out, and returns which makes some of the snow trails start and stop. This also causes the black object to start and stop, which looks kind of like a gallop of a horse. Of course the anchors really messed up saying there was NO body in there, I took that as no one, nothing, empty. Either way it was a cool video.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Glad I could help. Having Unlimited Cell Service (yeah TMo!!) is awesome. It means I can just call about these things we discuss and get the scoop from the Horse's Mouth, so to speak. Plus, with google it takes it a millisecond to look up a phone number!

Looks like we put the HORSE in front of the CART in this case!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Very cool that you called and got them to admit that there were people in there (camera crews) ... dumb of them to say over and over "there were no people in the building" I bet that's their lawyers and insurance people forcing that lie.

Can I just say - I'm pretty sure one of those camera men, brought their large dog. That is the gate of an animal running - and I bet every dog owner on this forum will agree - and you can hear the dog bark in all the recordings.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
OK yall. I just called FoxSports and spoke to a lovely young man named Lou D'Ermilio.

He told me that there was no horse in the stadium at 5 am (lol) and he watched it while I was on the phone with him.

He confirmed yes there were people in there that morning. It is a cart, the video is filmed different than say a movie, he said it was more choppy, and he also said yes the video was sped up.

So, this comes straight from the HORSES MOUTH!!! (rofl) FoxSports.

Edit to add, it is called time lapse, I forgot the term he used.

edit on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:47:21 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

Great Call, 'tater
Star for you.
Thank you and 73's,
Tom

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I honestly see a man riding a horse. I swear I haven't been drinking.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I had said the video was sped up several pages back, and again in another post.

Why no one responded directly to that is beyond me. Not provocative enough, apparently.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I had said the video was sped up several pages back, and again in another post.

Why no one responded directly to that is beyond me. Not provocative enough, apparently.
Actually because you mentioned the tape being sped up, is why I asked if the tape was sped up. I did not think of that on my own.

I am not certain I believe this was not a giant dog, but when he said it was time lapsed, and sped up, I am guessing that is what causes us to perceive the gait of a dog or horse. So, I can accept the man's explanation.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey I just wanted to toss out an idea about the shadow thing. Seems to me that there would have been somebody in the building, esp with the several different camera angles presented by the news.
My suggestion is that the shadow is a fuzzy look at one of the wire-supported cameras that parallel the players during pass plays and what not. Perhaps as the roof moved someone decided to get the expensive thing out of the way?? Maybe the focus being on the floor leaves the closer camera looking fuzzy and larger than it really is. Its also something inside the building that we know can move that fast. Just a thought and still open to any other ideas.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
considering the quality and positioning i'd say that's a broadcast camera and the moving 'shadow' is another sideline camera moving out of the way of the roof collapsing.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It was Adrian Peterson, He was practacing early for the game... He is fast, very fast. And Elusive! AP ALL DAY!!!! lol. Seriously, maybe it is Mr. Wilf's own conspiracy, he wants a new stadium, been asking for a new stadium, Kinda wierd how now his stadium has a roof leak now. some thing to ponder.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

i quit reading replies after a while, so this may have already come up, but it looks to me like it's just the little car that they use to wheel injured players off of the field with, nothing more.i know they said they were thankful no one was in the stadium, but i think they meant on a more functional scale of teams and fans. small numbers of staff could have still been in the stadium finishing up some last minute preparations or something. freaking out over nothing really.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for calling and getting the info. It was fun while it lasted.
Guess I'll catch the game tonight, yes I'm a Vikings fan. I'm worried our team will be no more. Oh, well. Gotta love the snow...and we got it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

You are welcome!

I told him it was a bit of an "internet mystery" so who knows, maybe we will hear about in the media!

Hey, thanks for calling and getting the info. It was fun while it lasted.
Guess I'll catch the game tonight, yes I'm a Vikings fan. I'm worried our team will be no more. Oh, well. Gotta love the snow...and we got it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

time lapse video
nothing spooky in the metrodome
outside of brett favre.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I am stunned to see that it took 4-6 pages for someone to figure out that it was a maintenance cart of some kind in the video. I am in now way a braniac but, I knew what I was looking at on the first viewing.

Seriously, it is scary that some people are willing to for go common sense in the hope that something will happen.

I am not trying to be overly critical but... it is threads of this caliber that makes the denizens of this website look like idiots.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hmmm very interesting. At first I was like, "WTF is this OP smoking" because I had watched the video several times and didn't see anything. Crazy how something that obvious can be overlooked. I have no idea what it is. The collapse happened right around 5am I thought. Another question is whether or not the video was edited between the times of the "object" to the time of the collapse. It's possibe when we saw the "object" that it was taken 1,2, or even 5 hours prior to the actual collapse. No idea but it is intriguing.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freshwreckage

I am stunned to see that it took 4-6 pages for someone to figure out that it was a maintenance cart of some kind in the video. I am in now way a braniac but, I knew what I was looking at on the first viewing.

Seriously, it is scary that some people are willing to for go common sense in the hope that something will happen.

I am not trying to be overly critical but... it is threads of this caliber that makes the denizens of this website look like idiots.

Agreed. To me that is what it appears to be but I can't state for sure that's what it is becayse of the quality. Like I said in my post above...I think it depends on if the video was edited to begin with.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
Another view in this video. I am failing to embed it, but it gives an even clearer and longer view of the image

msn.foxsports.com...
edit on 12-12-2010 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2010 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

Interesting, from that footage it looks like a guy riding something, maybe a lawnmower or some sorta grounds maintenance vehicle. A reporter saying there was no one in the building is probably just misinformed, I kinda doubt theres ever 'no one' in the stadium, theres gotta at least be security or maintenance crew or something at all times during an active season I would think, especially if the roof was leaking before collapse.

edit O looks like someone called in and already had confirmed that there were in fact people working there in the morning and it was a guy on a cart so.. mystery solved, nothing paranormal here.
edit on 13-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join