It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This whole thread is nuts.

"Ooh.. It's a secret message man, I'm telling you maan... they're trying to say something."

"Who is John, who?"

"They, man...They."

Yeah, let's not be rational or anything.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Yeah, let's not be rational or anything.

Okay then, lets be rational.

What is it?

Certainly if you can conclude we are being irrational by considering the paranormal a possibility, then you must have a rational explanation as to what it is.

Please, share it with us. We are eager to know what you have come up with.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It's already been stated several times. People choose not to respond to either of the rational explanations.

It is a man, or two (or women if you fancy so), either pushing a cart or walking next to a moving cart. The video, is sped up, to accelerate the clip to be shown as a short snippet to be shown on TV to save time. They go from one end of the field to the other, then the roof collapses from snow. Before the roof collapses, water is seen dripping down onto the field. It is not snow at that time. I'm sure they are used to water leakage, which would explain why they haven't left the field by then.

It might have even been 1 or 2 folks surveying the possible damage right before the collapse, on their own. While all other personnel were ordered to leave. Also, when the news anchor states that "thankfully there was no one there", he means an audience in the stadium, or a team practicing etc. This isn't "evidence" of some lie. Of course there would probably be a few personnel in the area to assess the damage.

But no... it has to be a ghost, or the apparition of the doomsday horseman of the apocalypse, sent by the Knight's Templar as a message.

I'm sorry I'm so snarky, but honestly, I feel obligated to do so if no one else is.
edit on 13-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Well, after waking up, I see there are two camps, either it's a tangible item such as a football cart like that used in games, or some other item such as a tarp being blown, or we just still don't know.

I'm a "there must be a logical explanation" type of guy, but I think the cart theory means that one, the commentators didn't mean exactly what they said (which is possible), and two it would mean people were allowed onto the field when the huge roof was caving in. It seems like an owner, for liability purposes, would have ordered everyone off of the field/out of the dome.

I respect everyone's idea, and I really wish I could know exactly what it was.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Well going with the "guys with a cart" theory. My hypothesis would be that a supervisor was driving the cart, while an engineer or surveyor was walking along side him, pointing out structural damage and the like. Again, like I said before, it's obvious to me that the video is sped up.

There are millions upon millions of dollars riding on a single football game. Trust me, they would send someone in there to confirm a loss if that was indeed the case. Regardless of safety, someone is going in there to assess the situation at the last minute.

They said in the video the game is being relocated to Detroit. Tis anyone's guess how much money this is going to cost.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Well going with the "guys with a cart" theory. My hypothesis would be that a supervisor was driving the cart, while an engineer or surveyor was walking along side him, pointing out structural damage and the like. Again, like I said before, it's obvious to me that the video is sped up.

There are millions upon millions of dollars riding on a single football game. Trust me, they would send someone in there to confirm a loss if that was indeed the case. Regardless of safety, someone is going in there to assess the situation at the last minute.

They said in the video the game is being relocated to Detroit. Tis anyone's guess how much money this is going to cost.

sending someone into a risky situation without all kinds of disclaimers results in high dollar insurance claims or lawsuits. better to just let it happen since no one can stop the damage. it doesn't even look like a person.

it is either faked... or really really REALLY damn freaky.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Well, my guess is, like I said before, that they didn't realize the entire roof would collapse like that. They were surveying the damage from the water leakage, and to see what further structural damage would occur. Honestly, I doubt they would know the entire structure would bow out and collapse like that, therefore, the risk-assessment for sending two folks into survey it was plausible.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A totally excellent find, I took the footage and looped the interesting part and notice the "wraith" black apparition.
I did a rough calculation 157 MPH (70meters, 2 stops, 3 or 4 seconds) and it stopped twice so that could be a lot faster.
S+F btw

edit on 13-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: errors

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The smoothness of movement pretty much confirms to me it is a camera platform.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

But does a Camera Platform move that fast (157 MPH remembering stops and starts within the footage not forgetting acceleration )? Do you have the stats for the platform to prove it? I put this in the realms of Paranormal and not mechanical........

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Thank you for the looped video! Star, now I don't have to keep redoing it.

Here is another video I found, it shows a very close up shot of this mysterious object. It doesn't show anything conclusive, but leaves more questions. It is titled 'man escapes', but it doesn't look like a man to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It's called a "SkyCam" they use it in almost all of the overhead shots during a football game that show a runner going down field for long gains.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-12-2010 by ohlinger4senate because: Video Didn't Post Correctly

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yes and if it is a man he needs to be in your Olympic track team 157 MPH and time for two breaks in between

it's Superman.. Actually looks like a horse.

Originally posted by ohlinger4senate
It's called a "SkyCam" they use it in almost all of the overhead shots during a football game that show a runner going down field for long gains.

www.youtube.com...

But what is its top speed?........I doubt it flies along the sideline with 2 stops at 157+ MPH.
edit on 13-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The SkyCam can move at 30mph or 13.4 meters per second. If that was moving at "157+mph" it would be a blur as it would be traveling at 70 meters per second.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohlinger4senate

www.youtube.com...

I am more apt to believe it could have been a cart. As I said earlier, I have been to NFL games and the camera is barely noticeable otherwise it would distract the fans. Also, there is no reason for the skycam, which records in-game action, to be operating at the time of the collapse.

In addition, I have been doing some research into the Minnesota Vikings. Apparently they are one of the lowest revenue generating teams in the NFL. Also, the NFLPA (players association), is currently negotiating new deals/contracts/rules for revenue sharing in the NFL. The most likely proposal would hurt teams that generate lower revenue. Also, the Vikings lease expires in 2011, meaning they could jump ship to Los Angeles, or anywhere that offered something.

Vikings reject proposal to stay

Basically, Vikings have wanted a new building for some time, the current owners are dissatisfied with the state of the facility and are considering relocation. Obviously local officials want the team to stay. I wonder who stands to benefit from this collapse.

I know, I know this is totally off-the wall, but I think there is much more to this story. For one, I was surprised that this was even caught on camera, it is very convenient evidence to present to the insurance company. Maybe someone with more info in this area can start a new thread.

How this ties into the mysterious object, I don't know.

edit on 13-12-2010 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I got to go with the cart theory, thats what makes the most sense to me, it heads straight for the tunnel and pay attention - it looks like its about to turn into it on a sharp angel

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetcleaner
I got to go with the cart theory, thats what makes the most sense to me, it heads straight for the tunnel and pay attention - it looks like its about to turn into it on a sharp angel

I agree. The skycam is much smaller than the black blob that moves here.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by streetcleaner

I agree. The skycam is much smaller than the black blob that moves here.

It all depends on where it is in perspective to the near sideline and proximity to the camera filming that shot. If it were a "cart" it would have to be driving over top of the player bench on the far sideline.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun

In addition, I have been doing some research into the Minnesota Vikings. Apparently they are one of the lowest revenue generating teams in the NFL. Also, the NFLPA (players association), is currently negotiating new deals/contracts/rules for revenue sharing in the NFL. The most likely proposal would hurt teams that generate lower revenue. Also, the Vikings lease expires in 2011, meaning they could jump ship to Los Angeles, or anywhere that offered something.

Basically, Vikings have wanted a new building for some time, the current owners are dissatisfied with the state of the facility and are considering relocation. Obviously local officials want the team to stay. I wonder who stands to benefit from this collapse.

I know, I know this is totally off-the wall, but I think there is much more to this story. For one, I was surprised that this was even caught on camera, it is very convenient evidence to present to the insurance company. Maybe someone with more info in this area can start a new thread.

I told several people weeks ago to fully expect the "Los Angeles Vikings" to become a reality within the next two seasons. This is just the "icing" on the cake.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
freaky!

looks like a moose.

besides it also looks like it's at least 5yards long.

15ft golf cart?

naw, that would have been slipping and sliding with that acceleration.

definitely looks like it has legs, tho.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join