It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

why would the camera be moving? and the cameras are not that big

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To everyone that stated that thing is a person, cart or a camera - why the heck does it appear out of nowhere?
People, carts and cameras didn't have the property of appearing out of nowhere last time I checked.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
After a few times watching it kind of looks fake. is this a commercial? I'm not talking about the horse looking fake,that looks very real. But the roof falling looks fake.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
And i have also looked all over the web and this video will not work on any site,did they realise what was in the video and disable it on official sites already?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
After a few times watching it kind of looks fake. is this a commercial? I'm not talking about the horse looking fake,that looks very real. But the roof falling looks fake.

I kind of noticed it was kind of weird looking... almost artificially eerie the way it caved in.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Those things hanging from the cieling look realy computer animated. Is there any way they are trying to get insurance money? And if this video isnt fake,who is going to be the first to whip out the pro zoom-in, technology and see what the thing looks like?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ok this is getting silly and now its time for me to interject....

obviously the video has been accelerated, for the purpose of being used as a news clip, hence the blurring of the object in question.

where 157 mph came from, you are a bit of an imbecile. with the video being taken at current speed, assuming it was not accelerated, the object is still moving nowhere near presumed speed. remember the fact that the video is sped up.

as for the "glitching".....it obviously steered around something on the sideline, moving further out of range and the blink effect was the object bieng refocused due to sudden alteration of range. its just some person on thier cart, possibly somebody walking beside it. the speed appears so enchanced because the clip was sped up. read about gravity for one, good sirs, and really think about the falling velocity of the snow! snow falls slowly due to the way it "glides" or "rides" the air it is falling through. Please use some intelligence on this site, or well be known as little more than ghosting rumormongers.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by leonhart18

edit on 15-12-2010 by bobdylans115thdream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Tharsis

why would the camera be moving? and the cameras are not that big

Saying 'it's not that big' means you know the size of the object in question, which I highly doubt.

Why would the camera be moving? Because that is what skycams do. They move. This leaves the question, 'if it were a camera, who/what is controlling it'. I don't have the answer to this. Could be remote controlled, could be programmed to retract if the going gets rough, could be something caused by the action of the collapsing roof...

Second, I based my supposition on the initial reports that there were NO PEOPLE in the building. Maybe it is a cart, which makes me wonder why it isn't more well lit, considering there is 360 degrees of HID lighting in that stadium. So much so, that I can't see a shadow from any object.

Just my observations.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Until we hear from the metrodome officials, i dont think anyone can be for sure if the video is sped up or not. And as far as the way the snow just falls to the ground, and doesn't "float" to the ground....this isn't just regular snow flakes we are talking about here people. This was tons of snow that was built up, heavy enough to make the roof collapse. You know how you can get a handful of snow, pack it into a ball, and throw it like a baseball? You know how fast it travels? Not as slow as snowflakes thats for sure. Now imagine tons and tons and tons of snow packed up together, falling to the ground. How fast do you think it would travel? Im just surprised with all the commotion that shadowy figure has created, that no one associated with the metrodome has come out to comment on it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouBelieve
Until we hear from the metrodome officials, i dont think anyone can be for sure if the video is sped up or not. And as far as the way the snow just falls to the ground, and doesn't "float" to the ground....this isn't just regular snow flakes we are talking about here people. This was tons of snow that was built up, heavy enough to make the roof collapse. You know how you can get a handful of snow, pack it into a ball, and throw it like a baseball? You know how fast it travels? Not as slow as snowflakes thats for sure. Now imagine tons and tons and tons of snow packed up together, falling to the ground. How fast do you think it would travel? Im just surprised with all the commotion that shadowy figure has created, that no one associated with the metrodome has come out to comment on it.

According to this news report that I posted earlier, the film was indeed time-lapse (sped-up):
www.cnbc.com...

And according to the article linked below that I posted earlier, the people from FOX sports who set up the cameras said they suspected the roof would collapse, so they set the cameras up to film all night, thinking something may happen. Now, I realize that the article linked below doesn't specifically say it was time-lapse, like my link above states, but it seems to me that to set up cameras to automatically film all night, they would need to set the cameras to take fewer frames per second, in order to make sure the have enough videotape (or whatever storage media they use) to make it through the night.
blogs.citypages.com...

This article (which was posted earlier by keymaster) states that the figure was a Metrodome maintenance employee driving a forklift:
blogs.citypages.com...

...as for the speed the show falls:
Yes -- it would fall faster if it is wet snow rather than dry snowflakes. However, it would still never fall that fast. As long as air resistance is not big a factor (and air resistance on wet snow would be negligible), it wouldn't matter if the falling stuff was wet snow or huge ingots of lead -- they would fall at the same rate, and the rate shown on the video (covering about 150 feet in less the 2 seconds) is too great. No matter how much an object weighs (wet show or stone boulders), if air resistance is negligible, it would take 3 or 4 seconds to fall that far.

It seems to me that the camera was set to film on half as many frames than normal (to save film) -- which would mean playback look twice as fast.

Originally posted by imnessie
To everyone that stated that thing is a person, cart or a camera - why the heck does it appear out of nowhere?
People, carts and cameras didn't have the property of appearing out of nowhere last time I checked.

I don't know what you mean by "out of nowhere" I can see it from the very beginning of that view from that camera.

edit on 12/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i think the real question here is "SO WHAT?". who cares if it's a horse, a person, or (obviously) a shadow? this has to be the lamest "conspiracy" ever, and considering what's going on in the world right now to have so many pages devoted to something so trivial is absurd.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

I realy care what it is, i live in america,the land of too much free time. And since this is the first ghost footage that is from an official source,that makes it even greater. Any ghost footage you may see might be edited and their is no way to prove it,this is official.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
reply to post by tonypazzohome

I realy care what it is, i live in america,the land of too much free time. And since this is the first ghost footage that is from an official source,that makes it even greater. Any ghost footage you may see might be edited and their is no way to prove it,this is official.

The "official sources" have already said it's a non-ghostly maintenance worker driving a forklift, and the forklift looks fast because the video is time-lapse (the video is sped up).

edit on 12/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: grammar

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Finally, an answer to the ghost. I found this on LiveLeak.

Fast forward to about 3:20.

www.liveleak.com...

Guz

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

It was a person pulling a cart

www.liveleak.com...

beat me to it :/
edit on 17-12-2010 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well, that settles it then... but I still say TO HELL WITH THE CART!

If that would have been me, there wouldn't have been a cart. There would have been a person running... that's it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
they tried today to say someone escaped on a cart today on the news. thats not what that was. to me that looks like a ghost! youll see more of this as we go from the third dimension to the fourth dimension and then to the fifth dimension.....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I watched Inside the NFL on my 56" HD TV. They showed the clip. The image was crisp and clear. It was a cart.

P.S. Why would a ghost need to flee a collapsing roof?

edit on 18-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

lol, kudos on the super charged zamboni.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join