It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDirtProphet
what ever it is it clears the field in a matter of seconds, the human record for the 100 yard is 9 something seconds, this went end to end in 2 or 3? whats that fast?

A slight exaggeration it DIDN'T cover the full length in 2 or 3 seconds the other thing to consider about this film is the frames per second it was filmed at, do we have any details on that.

If it was only taking 1or 2 frames every second then the blurry shape could be a couple of people running when they hear the collapse start, the slow frame rate would expalin the blurring.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
At first it looked like a large dog running to me, but after a few views it seems obvious that it is a piece of debris being blown by the wind. Would be cool if it was paranormal in some way, but it isn't. Good eyes though OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It looks like a horse but because its so dark you cant really tell what its doing(galloping or running).

It seems as if it becomes invisible at one point and then reappears.

To me, it does look like a shadow of some sort.

The only question: Of what?

Maybe there was a helicopter and/or airplane nearby? Thats really the only thing i can think of.

Ghost or not, nice find!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
i think it might be the sideline camera
they use to scan the sideline

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

That is a clearer vid than the first.

It is clearly two people,more than likely groundsmen.Maybe its clearer for me because I have a large monitor?

When you first see the movement it looks like one object,then closer to the end you can clearly see them seperate and they both have heads.

Heck I could imagine a thread about the heavy snow storm generating 58 flags,but this?

I suppose I`ll get flamed now.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Come on guys!

Eleven pages and it isnt a ghost, a horse, a cart, a person. I only watched it once and its obvious.

Its the camera that follows the play on the field from above.

Its a perspective thing, but its a black camera being moved out of the way as the snow falls.

Those cameras if you watch sport, follow the play from above and its perfect in American football as there is a lot of stops, the opposite being they tried it at a rugby game here in wales at the millenium stadium, and it made the viewers sick as the game is so open and the stops much less, that the camera was trying to keep up and it made people dizzy.

I'm sorry but if im shouted at, I'm not having it. It's a camera and that's that.

What will happen to, is the media will pick this thread up from ATS and run with it, as another stupid conspiracy from us loonies over at ATS.

You watch, give it another day or so and it will be on MSN.
edit on 14/12/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stevenevert

Yes it looks like a horse or a bull.

Nice spot OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's either a ghost of a person / horse running really fast.

Or a person / horse fastforwarded.

THERE ARE LEGS. Watch it over and over, you can see the legs. Find the HD version, look for mandibles.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Well there you go

I`ll only add that there were" two" not one person running away

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Cool, in the utube video it really does look like a horse galloping for a few tenths of a second.

What I noticed is that it kept getting disproportionately bigger as it moved.

On the Fox video it is more clear, and looks like something moving through the air, towards the camera taking the shot. I go with the camera above the field theory. I think I can make out the wires supporting the thing.

Obviously maintenance was there to observe and take any necessary action. Looks like someone saved a camera.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thank you, some sense at last.

Its a gantry camera, that follows play on a sports field for a down look.

Perfect for American football, not so good for many other sports.

Funny somebody cant have liked my post which states the same, as the other ghost horse bandwagonites had stars for their contributions.
edit on 14/12/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wish everyone would read threads. This has been explained several pages ago.
The details are explained below, but this what it was:
A maintenance worker driving a forklift, which looked fast because the video was a sped-up time-lapse video.

The people who run the Metrodome have already stated that the object was a maintenance worker driving a forklift:
blogs.citypages.com...
[credit keymaster for this link]

The forklift looked fast because the video was time-lapse (i.e., sped-up), as explained in the news report linked below. You can tell the video is sped up because of the unnatural speed at which the snow fell (from over 150 feet)
www.cnbc.com...

I have no idea why this thread is still going with outrageous explanations (a horse?!) when the real explanation is simple and has already been discussed and confirmation has been provided.

edit on 12/14/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
When I saw this "object" on the sidelines it looks like a couple of people running with a camera, or they are simply workers preparing the Metrodome for the scheduled game and they are running away with equipment.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Your post seems to make the most sense, I knew automatically it wasn't a horse because first theres no such thing as ghost horses, secondly it doesn't look like a horse and there's inconclusive evidence of a horse. I still don't get why they sped up the video, but then again all that snow falling from a roof can take awhile.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pookeo
...I still don't get why they sped up the video, but then again all that snow falling from a roof can take awhile.

The people set the camera up overnight and left it there unattended, suspecting something was going to happen to the roof (there were early signs that this collapse may occur).

I suppose that for the camera to be filming all night, it needed to be set to take fewer frames per second than a camera set on "normal" speed, so the camera doesn't run out of film (or tape, or memory, or whatever they use).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

looks like they set up three cameras and all 3 of them knew where exactly the tare was going to happen. Looks like Civic tax payers are not going to have a choice about weather that stadium actually needed a knew roof. Same thing happened here in Vancouver, but it wasn't snow, it just.... fell. Now Vancouver gets a bran new ubber dubber gazillion dollar roof for our oldest stadium and nobody is to blame. Mayors lose elections spending money on stupid things like a new stadium roof that makes the city scape look so much less dated.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That is definitive, it really is someone fleeing the area.

So mainstream media completely mislead us, there was someone in the Stadium, a maintenance worker who fled for his life. You think they could have given a shout out to the anonymous worker. Shows how much we can trust the news being accurately reported.

The original seems to be the best video I have seen. It looks like the news media spliced up the video even more. It looks like the forklift is behind something, and then emerges, looking bigger. I am guessing that what I saw that looked like rigging for wires is the cage of the forklift. It is still pretty blurry.

Come on, it does look like a horse galloping in the Utube video.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is my very first post, I am so excited. It looks to me like some kind of equipment that is hanging from the ceiling. As the roof tears it seems to be going across the screen. Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Is it a pickaboo?

Or some kind of a reptilian.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join