It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question about the pastor jones and his uk visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
hi folks.
wasent sure where to place this either religion,politics,or current events. put it here but mods feel free to move.
so i was watching the bbc news covering the pastor jones visit to the u.k to speak at the english defence league.

it looks like the uk ptb may deny him entry to the country.
i am familiar with the e.d.l.u. and terry jones.
i dont subscribe to any religion or group like the edlu. or the views of mr jones.

but why has this man come under such negative press for suggesting people should burn the qu,ran. it has outraged muslems and the muslem world.
however as i see it most muslems consider it perfectly acceptable to burn the bible our flags and effiges of our people. they openly wage war on our way of life but if any one from the western world does the same they are demonised.
then our ptb also demonise these people that are doing just the same?

im not getting at any religeous group or voicing any oppinion for or against these groups .
i was mearley curious.
(please excuse my spelling i write my posts on a smart phone the tiny keyboard and my own terrible spelling tend to combine)

so your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Two words- positive discrimination. It is the way of the modern world. The minority, in this case the Muslims, are given preferrential treatment, whereas the majority are allowed to be pushed around. I guess this is because, as the majority, we are instantly assumed to be the ones with all the control, so any insults should be like water off a duck's back. However, Muslims are hardly hard to find in 2010 England, so I think this treatment is slightly out-dated, to say the least.

Ordinarily, I would say keep him out (the Home Secretary has the right to do this to anyone who could "incite hatred" whilst in the country) but, seeing as several Muslims who have acted similarly, i.e Abu Hamza, are allowed to stay here and can't be deported, due to the EU's Human Rights law, he should be allowed in.
edit on 12-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blacklist

An eye for an eye makes us both blind.

At some point you have to decide if you agree with his message. No one else’s message. His message.

Banning him may be for his own protection. They may also ban him to protect their own citizens.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Living in the UK, this doesn't bother me in the slightest. If I were to pay any attention, it would be to the people getting upset about it & what they were ranting... I mean 'saying'.

Go ahead pal, burn a Koran. Knock yourself out.
I wonder what he'd say if someone lit a KJ bible in front of him?

hmmm... where is he planning to visit?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yes indeed there is a double standard when it comes to burning the Koran vs the Holy Bible.I think we have taught the middle east a lot about political correctness that they have obviously used against us and the absurdity of it probably leaves them shaking their head.The burning of either should be allowed but not condoned and the first one that gets upset is proven to act and think with emotions which clinches their immaturity.I can only fear that these encounters will get much worse and world sensibilities will start to change at some juncture.

top topics

join