It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for ANON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dear anon.
i wanted to comment on your wasted efforts in regards to helping wikileaks. it has been called the first cyberwar.

i want to dispute this, it is, and i hate to say it, cyber terrorism, or activism.

you consider yourselves hardcore, but attack only civilian targets and businesses. if this is war, where are the attacks on .mil sites?

why aren't you hitting the judiciary, the military, the government? how pissed off would the enemies of wikileaks be, if they couldnt get emails for a day.

i implore you to stop with useless provocation, and instead, do some real warlike actions. approach friendly foriegn governments, get allies, and bring about a real cyber war.

all of this, whether a real concerted campaign, or your continued annoyance of businesses will get the internet clamped down on and censored.

you might as well make it worth the while.

Focus your minds, focus your attacks, and aim at some real targets. targets who CAN defend themselves.

THEY WILL USE THIS TO CLAMP DOWN ON THE INTERNET. be clear. make it worth while

Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.
Develop intuitive judgement and understanding for everything.
Perceive those things which cannot be seen.
Pay attention even to trifles.
Do nothing which is of no use.

Go Rin No Sho. : SHINMEN MUSASHI

edit on 12-12-2010 by okamitengu because: clarification of the point

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Dont stir them up,I believe they have moved on now,you know short attention spans and all.

I believe the initial motive was because these organizations they felt were unfairly targeting wikileaks and not others. Since anon can be anybody and anybody can be anon its hard to address anon directly they are like a leaderless school of fish. Pirranahs maybe but you get the point.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OK. Firstly, ANON is generally a bunch of 18-24 year olds who lurk 4chan. They are generally NOT stupid enough to attack military technology with DDOS attacks - that's obviously asking for trouble. They don't have the power or resources to find allies in foreign governments. They just need to ask other willing script-kiddies on 4chan to download LOIC and click a button. Not very complex, and not near powerful enough to attack governments. It's more of an irritation than anything.

Secondly, these attacks are nothing new nor revolutionary - if anything, it will encourage security professionals to create stronger infrastructure to prevent DDOS attacks from being effective... It will not be the cause of an internet clampdown or censorship. Wikileaks is doing a perfectly good job at getting support for internet censorship all by itself, thankyouverymuch.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
the way i see it, word of this will eventually get back to them. i was right with them, until they essentially just harassed businesses who themselves were harassed by big government.

i thought maybe they would evolve into something, but perhaps they have petered off into nothingness..

this is why i personally dont start anything, unless im sure i can finish it right.
going off half cocked, lets your enemy have justification to crush you, and disarms your own strategy.

thanks for your input!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ANON that was SOOO yesterday..

They couldn't even get enough people to put a dent in amazon EPIC FAIL

As easy as it was I would think they could atleast get enough loosers to all connect through loic with hivemind and atleast take down a MAJOR huge website like amazon... nope couldn't do a thing... Now some poor lad sucker in the neeeeedeeeerlands is in jail and probally didn't even know how stupid, childish, and against the law the crime he was committing was.
edit on 12-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join