It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flame Retardants Found In Butter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, something else to worry about concerning the foods we eat. If gmos, food poisoning or pesticide/fertilizer residue isn't bad enough, it's chemicals that "mysteriously" wind up in some food.

As part of an ongoing investigation into chemicals in our food supply, scientists found extremely high concentrations of a flame-retardant compound in a supermarket sample of brand-name butter.

They did not list the company, but the co resides in St.Pul Minnesota so you can figure it out by googling it.(LOL) does not mean lot's o laughs in this case.

Commonly used in furniture and electronics, among other products, PBDEs are known to disrupt hormone function and have been associated with a range of health concerns, including cancer as well as reproductive, developmental, and neurological problems

PBDE -polybrominated diphenyl ethers.
Great, something else that disrupts hormone function and causes cancer and neurological problems. Sure, butter is a good place for that.

"We had never seen or read anywhere about PBDE-contamination of food at such high levels," he said. "We were really startled. This is entirely new to us."

Welcome to our chemical romance, jobs and growth yo....jobs and growth.

Even though the Senate just approved a sweeping new food safety bill that would give the U.S. Food and Drug Administration more power to prevent people from eating tainted food, Schecter added, the bill focuses only on bacteria, not chemicals.

news.discovery.com...

Yea, who would have ever thouhgt to test food for chemicals

Sounds like a lobbyist loophole to me, they must have taken a page from Haliburton.
I bet if they ever do start testing for chemicals in food, many people are going to be unpleasantly surprised.
I can't help but think about the children and how many of them now have this toxin inside of them!

Conspiracy? Not sure if this is where this belongs because I don't know if this was a genuine accident or convenient neglect, so if mods need to move it, I understand.

spec
edit on 12-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So they found high concentrates of harmful chemicals in common butter but decline to list the company... Sigh! OF course we wouldn't to hurt the companies business so it is better to let them go on poisoning the millions of people who use thier butter... WTF is wrong with people??? Oh Sh!t it must be the neurological impairment the butter is causing....

Ok I have no idea what company out of S Paul makes butter so someone want to clue us in so we can spread the word and stop this madness. I mean how many people have already died from this?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The company is Land O' Lakes located in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Write to them, e-mail, or call! Just let them know you were a customer until you found out their butter products have dangerous chemicals in them.

Large companies hate losing customers no matter what. Money = EVERYTHING

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Good lord, Paula Dean, better get your flame retardant levels checked besides your cholesterol....

Seriously, this is extremely disturbing. In butter? WTF? Isn't there any food left that won't kill us?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Supposedly it's Land O'Lakes butter.

Really though, I could always stand to be a bit more flame retardant/hormonally dysfunctional/cancer-ridden.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Don't ya just love the dichotomy within our modern society? Gotta get yer 5 a day! You get carpet bombed by scientists & nutritionists telling to eat x.y.z while this crap is getting (or being put) into our foods. And worse things no doubt.

I honestly bloody despair with this stuff now. It just so happens that I have a pretty severe reaction to margarines of any sort (terrible acid indigestion) so I switched over to something more natural & was willing to pay more to get a product that doesn't make me ill, even with issues of cholesterol, which is probably also B$.

I may as well not bother trying to quit smoking (cigarette in the ashtray next me) or drinking beer (can on the table). Sod it, what's the point?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pepeluacho

Good idea contacting them, people should also demand that the FDA test for chems too.
Contact FDA

spec

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Rather than make consumers wary of grocery shopping, McClean added, the findings point to the need for regulators to work on preventing and detecting chemicals in our food in the first place. news.discovery.com...

Unbelievable!!! Yeah even if we are killing customers we don't want consumers to stop consuming who cares if you get cancer or become retarded.. We just need more government regulation, sheesh they aren't even doing the job now.... They'd rather hassle small farmers and gardeners at farmers markets and put the Amish and others in jail for selling raw milk to thier nieghbors but don't scare the consumer by telling him he might be buying poisonous food.... Sigh!
edit on 12-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Paula Dean

Yes, the queen of butter better check herself! Laughing aside though, this really irks me and yet it does not surprise me in the least, which has to be a testament to our faith, or lack of, in our leaders to make the best decisions for us.

Nothing really shocks us anymore and maybe that in itself is from a literal chemical desensitization effect?
Control through chemicals...

spec

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Good point hawkiye, business as usual, profits before people!

And hassling any "self sufficient" emerging modalities is just insult to injury!
Thanks for the replies...

spec

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I feel your disenchantment HP, and I am trying to turn my frustration into motivation for moving towards self sufficiency. I am going to start getting more food from local markets as well as grow a little too. Many of my friends, even the city dwellers, are starting to raise their own chickens and learning how to can fruits/veggies.

Peace,
spec

new topics

top topics

join