It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will vote for this guy, yes siree!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My friends of ATS,

Indeed, never a true'r word spoken.

Be sure to shake this guys hand on the streets of Ohio

Be safe be well,

Spiro

edit on 12-12-2010 by Spiro because: Fix link

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

>>Implying that your vote actually matters.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
reply to post by Spiro

>>Implying that your vote actually matters.

2nd.

Absolutely, and we all know that voting is not worth a .... !!

Nonetheless, great speach and certainly worth a handshake

Cheers,

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 12-12-2010 by Spiro because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Its good to see somebody speaking the truth in congress. This guy's a Democrat and he still has the stones to criticize the Obama administration and acknowledge that they are carrying on the Bush war policies.

Tim Ryan

Ryan is a member of the "30 Something" Working Group,[3] which is a Congressional caucus that includes those members of the United States House of Representatives who are Democrats and have not yet reached the age of 40. It was organized by the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi to energize and engage younger people in politics by focusing on issues that are important to them.[citation needed]

Ryan voted for the Stupak Amendment restricting federal funding for abortions. In March 2010, he stated that he will vote "Yes" on the Senate version of the Health Care bill lacking Stupak Amendment language.

Before the 2004 presidential election, Ryan spoke on the House floor in an impassioned speech denouncing the Bush administration's denial of a draft reinstatement, comparing this to the administration's previous claims that Iraq was developing weapons of mass destruction, the Bush tax cuts would create jobs, and other such claims. He repeated in September 2006 with an equally-heated speech criticizing what he felt to be the Bush administration's tendency to distract the public from key issues like the war in Iraq and the economy.

In an October 2010 interview with conservative magazine Human Events, Ryan said tax increases on small businesses were necessary "because we have huge deficits. We gotta shore up Social Security. We gotta shrink our deficits".

Wikipedia

He beat the Republican challenger handily in the last election, so he must be doing something right. Either that or his district is in a city which would never vote Republican no matter what.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

So that is what takes to get into office. A little grandstanding and showing off for the camera.
Amazing.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
This guy's a Democrat and he still has the stones to criticize the Obama administration and acknowledge that they are carrying on the Bush war policies.

This video is from 2004. He wasn't criticizing Obama.
He was criticizing Bush. From your excerpt:

Before the 2004 presidential election, Ryan spoke on the House floor in an impassioned speech denouncing the Bush administration's denial of a draft reinstatement, comparing this to the administration's previous claims that Iraq was developing weapons of mass destruction, the Bush tax cuts would create jobs, and other such claims. He repeated in September 2006 with an equally-heated speech criticizing what he felt to be the Bush administration's tendency to distract the public from key issues like the war in Iraq and the economy.

Link to text of speech - Oct 9. 2004
edit on 12/13/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Are you sure? He mentioned the cost of the health care bill and the bailouts in this speech.

I think this one was a little more recent.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

BH is correct. this speech is from 2004.

You guys really thought these quotes were about Obama?

"same people that told us that we'd be greeted as liberators, not occupiers, same people, same president that told us the Taliban is gone, same president that told us that Poland is our ally two days before they pull out, same president that tells us Iraq is going just great, same president that tells us the economy is going just great, same people that told us the tax cut was going to create millions of jobs."

Don't get me wrong.. If the speech was made today, I wouldn't expect the overall theme to be any different because nothing significant has changed.. But the specifics clearly refer to Bush.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Are you sure? He mentioned the cost of the health care bill and the bailouts in this speech.

Yes, I'm sure. The video you posted was put on YouTube in Nov. of 08, but it was done in 2004.

Did you see the link I posted above? Here's another. Check the date:
www.pacificviews.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well the video fooled me. I heard him talk about the cost of some health bill and assumed he was talking about Obamacare.

Shows what happens when you make assumtions...

I guess this guy is just another partisan hack. If he had the courage to criticise the current administration, I would have more respect for him. If a Republican would stand up and say what he did in that speech, people might have more respect for them as well.

Doubt we'll ever see any of that though; everything is allright as long as the guys doing it are from the same party but, let the other party do the same thing and you'll never hear the end of it.

ETA, Not saying I disagree with anything he said in that speech but, it seems all the Democrats were ranting on Bush at that time so it shows no real integrity to bash that administration if you don't stand up and say the same thing when your guy is in power.
edit on 12/13/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well the video fooled me.

I think it fooled a lot of people. Some of the comments on the YouTube site are 4-5 days old and I think they thought the same thing you did.
And, as you pointed out, it could possibly have been about Obama, except for several key phrases that clarified that he was talking about Bush, the president who "told us that Saddam had WMDs" and said we'd be "greeted as liberators"... Those are definitely Bush-era and not Obama-era phrases.

But the fact is, it's a good speech and it does strongly apply to current times.

One thing it does show is that the government under Obama isn't all that different from the one under Bush. I prefer Obama to Bush - I think he has done some good things. But there are definitely FAR too many similarities for me to comfortable in any real way...

I guess this guy is just another partisan hack. If he had the courage to criticise the current administration, I would have more respect for him. If a Republican would stand up and say what he did in that speech, people might have more respect for them as well.

I'm not sure he's a partisan hack, either. The speech was good and for anyone to stand up and speak like that to their peers when those peers are obviously doing a mothercrap job (which they were) is a good thing, IMO. Whether he was speaking about Bush or Obama, it's good that he was speaking out against the lies and deceit. I do think it takes a special kind of courage to stand up to one's own party though, and if there's going to be change in government, more of that's going to have to happen. On both sides.
edit on 12/13/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join