It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus warnings while surfing on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
BigFatFurryTexan is right, use Linux.

Alternativley you can install NoScript, which is an addon for Firefox. Just type NoScript into Google and it will be the first result. Download it, it will apply itself automatically to Firefox then just restart. Don't forget to allow trusted sights, its very very easy to use.

It is also used by people using Linux aswell as Windows.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I am not even technologically savvy, you know? Never built a computer or anything like that. I am a computer user, and am good as a user...but little more.

Ubuntu is just that easy. And if it isn't, there is a TON of really easy to find and follow info using a little Google Fu.

If you are not wanting your machine for a specific compatibility issue that Linux cannot meet, there is no reason at all to be held hostage in the warp World of Windoze. And since i chose a popular build, I can literally spend house in the repositories, looking over completely free programs that would cost hundreds to thousands if bought for Windoze.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I run AVG, Malwarebytes, and sandboxie and have been running for two years without any virus being able to infect my system.
yes the scam anti virus site do pop up with the fake computer scans but that gives me a chance to use a ad-blocker to block them from popping up in the future.

As for adblocking on ATS i do not block ATS ads but reserve the right and will continue to block malware links attached to any ads anywhere i surf.

By capturing the internet address if any malware and blocking it directly i am not violating any ATS ToS
and i think the staff of ATS will agree that doing that is NOT a problem.
The schemers running the fake anti virus sites are redirecting the link of the advertiser without permission and this is a very good use of ad blockers.

since these schemers use very few sites for there program its effective to block them as you encounter them.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join