It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have your pets started acting different?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I haven't noticed any major changes in my pets except for my cat. I have two dogs and one cat. My older dog is still the same lazy guy he has been for the past few years, and my younger girl is the opposite of him being fairly energetic. My cat though has changed some since he has become less of a street cat, and more of a house cat. He sleeps all day usually and watches the kitchen all night unless we make him leave the house.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would say it is the town water - I had a well, town MADE me use the town water....which is total crap. I won't drink it, and I won't let my dog drink it either.

About 15 minutes out of town there is a spring - I take several 10 gallon jugs and fill em up (and so do others, usually a line up whenever I go)

and yes, I do believe they are trying to poison us with our water supply.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I looked into those after I got a pur pitcher as a gift. The water does taste better, but according to their websites they do not remove fluoride. I use only steam distilled water for drinking and cooking now. I just got a large distiller to make my own so I'll start my dog on it too.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by quest4info

How do you feel after living there a year? Have you thought of using a Brita water filter (or Pur.) I am not certain if Brita pitcher filters out everything it says it does, but the water sure does taste a world better!!!

I looked into those after I got a pur pitcher as a gift. The water does taste better, but according to their websites they do not remove fluoride. I use only steam distilled water for drinking and cooking now. I just got a large distiller to make my own so I'll start my dog on it too.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
reply to post by new_here

Hey, that's some good info there, KS... could you give me a brief description of steam distilling? Is this a process, do I need to purchase a 'contraption' to do this? Got a link for more info (beyond your 'nuts and bolts' synopsis...)
Thanking you in advance!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Some things that you might consider : have you added wireless devices into your home? Are you living closer to cell phone towers? Use bottled water; eliminate wireless phones; wire-less devices in home; etc. Use a high grade food without corn; because it could contain modified corn; if in Canada; something like GO ! or Now ! or Legacy or a food like that; maybe go raw....could possibly consider a detox program for them.....could be alot of things; I read somewhere awhile back that people in the Northern hem are getting more toxins in the air from all over the world..........good luck...........Peace and LIGHT............

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You mentioned you moved .Could you're animals be infected with lime disease from deer ticks.
As i understand it one or the symptoms is being very lethargic I don't know if cats or dogs could get it or not though.Is you're dog pure breed.?Pure breed dogs are prone to illnesses. My friends rottweiler hat growths after just 4 years. Whats the weather been like in you're area?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i hope the action my pet can be nomal i wish so
because when you pets act abnomally it means there will be some disasters
the abnormal action is the bad omen i don't like it

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

Thanks for the tips. I am definitely leaning in the direction of food allergies. I have been for a while, but I wanted to rule out as much as I could first. I know what you mean about the shots...I have never had any intention of having them receive repeated shots. I know it is very unhealthy for them. When you changed your cats food, did introduce it slowly or all at once. I've read slowly is the best way....don't want to cause their body more problems. LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
my dog now picks up his own poop, ties the bag and drops in the recipticle bin.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

LOL! I've been trying to convince my dog he should use the toilet. So far it's not working. I also failed at convincing him that since he is the one who leaves all the hair in the house, that he should be the one to vacuum.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kismetphayze

I just take the old food up and give them the new food. They do not advise you to do that though, they usually say to mix some of the old food with the new food. But with your cats being covered with the scabs I would ask the vet how to proceed. Do be very careful of the steroids. Royal Canin makes a Green Pea and Duck and also a Venison mix. Pick up your cats food and read the label, if they are allergic to something in the food most likely Corn Gluten, Corn By Products, Wheat Gluten, and almost all the foods have that in them. I do feed them Fancy Feast Seafood Feast which does not have this in it that I know of, This does not cause itching and its not expensive.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Iamherefornow because: bad spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by quest4info
reply to post by Antoniastar

Only the male cat travels, the dog has a run that is contained, and the female cat is quite home based. No dumpsters or rats around, and if its neighbors they would have to come on our property and throw any tidbits over the fence.

Okay good. It ain't that then.

Hope all is well.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
did anyone actually take any notice of what i put in my other post ? your all feeding your animals poison . not just some makes all makes theyre all crap .. try a change to proper foods and you might actually notice a difference

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
in the last 3 weeks my wife's cat has started ripping out its own hair.

Not sure what thats about. Vet can't figure it out either.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I've been gone for 2 days and was surprised to see 7 pages, thanks for all the input, lots to consider. I'll be be changing my water source until I can afford a new filter system that removes fluoride, I don't think my existing filter does. I will also be changing them to a raw food diet. As far as bringing them all to the vet, I just can't afford that, the male cat is at $700 right now and the vet still doesn't know whats up...may have to consider option #2. Time will tell I guess.

Thanks everyone and best wishes.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
700$ blimey . has he gold plated its teeth ..
water filterings easy .. i do it here . ive got 2 britta max filters . a chunk of quartz crystal and a big magnetic strip that i sit the water filters on . tap water makes me really ill so i do it that way . its cheaper and might help. raw feeding cats is easy . they should eat chicken wings and beef heart chopped into small bite sized chunks the chicken wings can be fed whole. only puppies should be fed chuck wings tho .. one they get to around six months swap it to drumsticks and by 10 months old feed a full chuck leg. rabbits also good for dogs . and game . but freeze both for at least 72 hours to ensure no parasites are present. ive been raw feeding both my dogs (and occasionally the cat but hes a ratter and mouser so tends to raw feed himself) for over 2 years now . and it cured what the vets couldnt with my husky . dogs loose the bad breath and doggy odour in a few weeks . just a word of warning tho . your pet might get the runs or even refuse to eat raw . stick with it . the runs is the body flushing out the crap from commercial food, and refusal to eat it will be overcome by hunger and they will eat . if your in doubt try dicing up a chicken breast.
oh and with dogs if they eat to fast and bring back the food . just leave them to eat it all over again its gross but they will do it, best of luck with it all .. i hope it makes your pets better and the vet bills cheaper.
anyone with dogs please dont feed the big cow bones . knuckle bones . they can and will break teeth and the scream that comes when that happens is dreadful.
good luck anyone whos going to try raw .
regards
bev

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am glad you asked,my dog has been jumping on the side of my leg alot lately and the wierder part comes next. He starts to ram my leg with the bottom half of his body relentlessly.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Heads up to all pet owners in the US......ATS Thread:

Important. Pet Food Recall. Product May Contain Fatal Toxins

The Kroger Co. is recalling select pet food packages from stores in 19 states fearing some of these products may contain aflatoxin, a toxic chemical byproduct that could be harmful to animals. The recall involves certain bags of Pet Pride Cat Food, Pet Pride Kitten Food, Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food, Kroger Value Cat Food and Kroger Value Chunk Food, the company said Saturday. The Kroger Co. urged customers to immediately consult with their veterinarian if their animals show any signs of sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat. A yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, severe blood or diarrhea are also warning signs, the company said.

CNN Article..Source

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by awesomebikerbabe

Well it was $700 for the wife's #1 man, or divorce? LOLS, anyhow irrelevant now, I love my wife and our pets but after 6 days in the vet our male cat went into cardiac arrest and died. He was the youngest, 5 yrs old, of our 3 pets and in my opinion went thru the toughest time to become #1. After we brought him to the vet we immediately changed 2 things...water source and food source. Now 1.5 weeks after that, our 10yr old dog has dramatically changed for the good, and our 13yr old female cat is also different for the better.

Results:
DO NOT TRUST COMMERCIAL FOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT TRUST MUNICIPAL WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some of the things we found out...fluoride in pet food is HUGE...google "pet food + fluoride"

Also municipal water works don't fall under health authorities.

According to 2009 water tests from my districts website, here is what is in my municipal water.... sodium fluoride, aluminum, arsenic, barium, cadmium, cobalt, lead, mercury, uranium...these are just the ones that stick out but the list is long, and of course they are within recommended doses. BUT ARE THEY SAFE? You decide.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join