It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you really want to know what your spouse is thinking. 'Mind Reading'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was having my usual story fantasy the other day and my significant other was starring at me as if she could read my mind. So she asked me right out the blue, what are you thinking about?
Later on that night I wondered …does she have little fantasies like I do..hmm,but would I really want to know?
The next week I ran into my lesbian friend, she has taught me a lot, and hands down she has made my life with my woman good as she always has told me things that all men should know about keeping a good relationship. I told her what had happened and she said so, you CANT even imagine how many fantasies and story’s your girl has on a daily bases…I was pissed to the extreme of being pissed,but in all fairness how could I be?
My friend saw how upset I was and she started to tease me.

‘ Trust me, every fantasies you have had ,she has had. Every friend she brings around you and your head starts to wonder it’s the same way with her.
‘Your TV fantasies, she’s been there and done that‘.

I guess my question is.
If you could read minds, would you use your abilities on your wife or husband ?
Lol,would you really want to read your spouse mind when one of your friends come over?
And if you did use your ability on your spouse…could you handle it, could you?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Women in relationships often ask that question,
"what are you thinking?"
oddly enough everytime I have been asked that,
I wasn't thinking
I was feeling.
Try explaining that though...
nope
viva la difference..

reading a lover's mind...
no

I had an engineer give me sh!! recently because I didn't read his mind.
I asked him if he was on antidepressants
he said "yeah"
I said "read the insert on the box"

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
haha.
a skill most of us wish we had at some point, but would all probably regret gaining.
as a spieces we seem to have an inbuilt self destruct gene closly related to the curiosity gene i fear.
i know if my wife could read my mind id most likely be signle.

could i restrain from reading her mind . nope i highly doubt it.
everytime we had an argument id be reading her mind to see what she was gonna say next.and have a witty retort loaded and ready to fire.
hell i might even win an argument or get the last word for a change.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yes... if I had a spouse that is. I probably couldn't handle what I would find but that wouldn't stop me from wanting to know and trying to understand how their mind works... and if I *could* handle it, well then it would all be an achievement.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I do know what shes really thinking.
She tells me about once every 10 seconds

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

See, she is already way ahead of this game. Adjusting quite well to the idea of progression I'd say.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I once found out what my husband was thinking by accident.

He'd been going to a few overseas seminars, and after this one came home with a big bunch of flowers.
Just teasing, I told him I knew why he'd brought them. He looked more taken aback than I expected, and asked how I knew. I couldn't back down, so, still teasing, I told him I always knew what he was thinking, and could see a clear picture in his mind of the woman he'd been sleeping with at these seminars. Horrified, he blurted out,"that's impossible! You can't see her!"

He was a violent man, especially to our children, sweet on the outside and an arsehole when there was no-one to see, so he was no loss.

When that woman rang me to gloat, I complemented her ecological integrity, for even recycling a a useless husband, and told her I had plenty of other garbage she could have as well.

He is now very unhappily married to her, "forced" to do all the housework and wait on her because she has money and he worships money, and despite having been a talented composer, has not written a note since he married her. He's hoping to inherit everything. I'm waiting to see whether she outlives him or he bumps her off.

It's always good to see a couple who really deserve each other.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry about the one line, but, hell no

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

She spends the other 9 seconds asking me what I'm thinking.

What is it with women and the whole thinking thing.
I'm usually thinking "Wow I better quickly think of something to tell her that I was thinking about as I was actually just staring blankly into space"

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Haha hell no, I figure I wouldn't want her to know what I'm thinking all the time, it's probably mutual. Either way isn't their a Movie with Mel Gibson about this sort of thing? lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
no, i dont. i am very intimate with my partner but i honestly dont think either of us would be strong enough to handle what the other likely thinks about on a daily basis. better to just keep it to ourselves lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Women in relationships often ask that question,
"what are you thinking?"
oddly enough everytime I have been asked that,
I wasn't thinking
I was feeling.
Try explaining that though...
nope
viva la difference..

reading a lover's mind...
no

I had an engineer give me sh!! recently because I didn't read his mind.
I asked him if he was on antidepressants
he said "yeah"
I said "read the insert on the box"

Why wouldnt you read it if you couyld..you scared?lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacklist
haha.
a skill most of us wish we had at some point, but would all probably regret gaining.
as a spieces we seem to have an inbuilt self destruct gene closly related to the curiosity gene i fear.
i know if my wife could read my mind id most likely be signle.

could i restrain from reading her mind . nope i highly doubt it.
everytime we had an argument id be reading her mind to see what she was gonna say next.and have a witty retort loaded and ready to fire.
hell i might even win an argument or get the last word for a change.

I could only imagine why you would be singalif she read your mind?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
yes... if I had a spouse that is. I probably couldn't handle what I would find but that wouldn't stop me from wanting to know and trying to understand how their mind works... and if I *could* handle it, well then it would all be an achievement.

You a better person the i am,i really coudnt handle it

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

And for every other 10 seconds shes having the most incredible fantasie about the guy next door...or your friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
I once found out what my husband was thinking by accident.

He'd been going to a few overseas seminars, and after this one came home with a big bunch of flowers.
Just teasing, I told him I knew why he'd brought them. He looked more taken aback than I expected, and asked how I knew. I couldn't back down, so, still teasing, I told him I always knew what he was thinking, and could see a clear picture in his mind of the woman he'd been sleeping with at these seminars. Horrified, he blurted out,"that's impossible! You can't see her!"

He was a violent man, especially to our children, sweet on the outside and an arsehole when there was no-one to see, so he was no loss.

When that woman rang me to gloat, I complemented her ecological integrity, for even recycling a a useless husband, and told her I had plenty of other garbage she could have as well.

He is now very unhappily married to her, "forced" to do all the housework and wait on her because she has money and he worships money, and despite having been a talented composer, has not written a note since he married her. He's hoping to inherit everything. I'm waiting to see whether she outlives him or he bumps her off.

It's always good to see a couple who really deserve each other.

Far out! you used the old jedi mind trick on him huh..
money is the root to all evil.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Occasionally, my wife and I do seem to. In fact, in board games, we aren't allowed to be on the same team if it is a game where it would come in handy. Kind of funny our friends recognize it that much, hehe...

There have been numerous times that one of us will blurt out something that's in the other's head, when there is really NO explanation for why we'd be thinking the same thing at the time. I mean sure, seeing something on the side of the road could spark the same memory, but there are many times where it's just eerie.

That said though....ALL of the time? No, we'd be divorced, I'm sure of it.

I love my wife to death, but there are times I really have to hold my tongue, just as there are times she probably has to with me, also....(though, she seems to have less of a drive to hold it in sometimes, hehe...)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I cannot read minds just yet but the closest I have come, is when I offered my partner a massage.

She did not have a clue that I was hypnotising her and I was not so sure that it would work.

I did this....

It worked like a charm.

Now she does not want massages anymore though

(I have obviously read into NLP techniques a lot more than just watching the video, its not a hard thing to do but you need to be careful with things like repressed memories etc)
edit on 13-12-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
I was having my usual story fantasy the other day and my significant other was starring at me as if she could read my mind. So she asked me right out the blue, what are you thinking about?
Later on that night I wondered …does she have little fantasies like I do..hmm,but would I really want to know?
The next week I ran into my lesbian friend, she has taught me a lot, and hands down she has made my life with my woman good as she always has told me things that all men should know about keeping a good relationship. I told her what had happened and she said so, you CANT even imagine how many fantasies and story’s your girl has on a daily bases…I was pissed to the extreme of being pissed,but in all fairness how could I be?
My friend saw how upset I was and she started to tease me.

‘ Trust me, every fantasies you have had ,she has had. Every friend she brings around you and your head starts to wonder it’s the same way with her.
‘Your TV fantasies, she’s been there and done that‘.

I guess my question is.
If you could read minds, would you use your abilities on your wife or husband ?
Lol,would you really want to read your spouse mind when one of your friends come over?
And if you did use your ability on your spouse…could you handle it, could you?

I don't have too because my wife tells what she thinks, and, I should think all the time.
And if your L friend was trying to get you to think that women have the same intimate fantasies as men do, think again. Unless you're married to an unstable personality sex addict. Meaning they are suffering from a severe mental disorder. They want "Harlequin" romance ONLY. And the minute you ease up on it, they flip, thinking all sorts of thinks such as you're cheating on them. Mistresses are worse.

AND this question> "What are you thinking about?" There is only one right way to answer, "Just how much I love you, and how lucky I am to be married to such a beautiful woman. I still can't believe that I am." An added, "I am falling in love with you more all each day I'm blessed with yours." is usually good for an immediate wild sex escapade. That answer still works 20 years later after the fact.
edit on 13-12-2010 by LilDudeissocool because: An add on.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

This is what she is really asking in other words.> www.youtube.com... Not that she is probably considering separation which is what the premise of the song is all about, a most serious situation. However if you tell sweet little lies all the time, and do a good job of matching body language to go along with them, your relationship will never find its way sailing into such dire straights. Maybe it's a bad example to use those lyrics, but the point here I'm making is that they do work.

Sounds like the dude in the song had a fling and was caught, and he is getting another chance if he can only say the right things along with making her believe in him again found only through true sincerity of repent, and loving affirmation. The first verse of "Tell me lies-" represents his excuses such as maybe, "No babe, I didn't cheat on you." With the following verse meaning, "That's total bull #." and the second set tell me only lies meaning, "You better say the right things, and mean them if you expect me to stick around." It's Mac, and they change meanings with same verbatim verses progressively through their songs sometimes. It takes extreme talent to be able to do that. Like I said, maybe the song is wrong for illustrating what your lady was truly asking, but the sure bet is she wanted to hear that you were thinking of her with all loving fantasies attached.

Trust me, I've been married for 22 years, and have the relationship game clocked. It took me awhile, but I finally overtime figured things out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join