It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy in UK: Video of Prince Charles and car bottled in London's protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You flagitarians no nothing about flagonomics or how it effects the star economy on ATS

classic!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Jeanius
I think this is the first time I've posted a thread that got this many replies without a star or flag...

Was it something I said?

My presentation?

And who do you think pays for your stars and flags?
Do you really want to pass down a star deficit to your grandchildren?

We are also in a flag recession...you need to tighten your belt like the rest of us. We cannot keep borrowing flags from the chinese just to give to the threads here..eventually we are going to have to give those flags back with interest.

You flagitarians no nothing about flagonomics or how it effects the star economy on ATS

See, it's this star and flag classism that we should all work together to eliminate. it is a fundamental issue of fairness...we should spread the flags and stars around to those not lucky enough to share in the abundant bounty of ATS.

so, my first initiative here will be to tax anyone with stars over 1000 - a 100% tax. those stars will be equitably distributed to posters with less than 1000. of course, this will involve ME having god-like administrative access to this website, and it may mean that i, in the interest of the greater good, will need to progressively tax those posters who obtain more than 10 stars in one day, regardless of their historical star contribution.

also, i will require a new computer for this task, an operations budget, and an office supplied by my fellow posters and the "owners" of ATS. i will need a staff of 20 professional young women who, shall we say, are skilled in a variety of "service tasks." it goes without saying that I will obtain star and flag bonuses for my efforts, not to fall below 200 per day and, in the interest of equity, I will not be required to contribute to the star/flag tax.

it will be a sacrifice for me to bring these changes to fruition. i stand here before you willing to make this sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It's disturbing how little sympathy you have for the next generation of British youth trying to save their educations and send a message to big banks. I won't pretend to understand why that is, because I don't.

To me every single working class English kid, and every student that are out there in the streets are Heroes. It's my sincere wish that they succeed in their protests.

Round em up and off with their heads eh? Pft. Why don't you just go get the bobby hat and a beater, paint a swastika on your shirt and go cut their heads off then. You're a joke.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe they are causing more harm to their cause than good. Riots only mean one thing, tighten the "security" gaps. I believe by doing this, the people are putting themselves in more of a "police state". There has to be a better way to fight the man. Not with ignorance.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
They are already talking about employing water cannons at any future protests. Not sure how i feel about it, Its less likely to kill protestors than being bashed over the head, but I'm sure it will come with a whole new set of problems, especially in this cold weather. we will see.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Here is a video taken from inside the protest itself. It provides a much more intense view than the footage the media presents.

"Put down your truncheons" lol I love Charlie Veichs' antics .

So the TPTB were fully aware of what was going to happen and were prepared for trouble yet they allowed prince Charles and wifey to be caught up in the middle of it all "with the window down!!!!!".

So Camilla actually got touched by one of the peasants eh and how many millions was spent on the popes security ?

Clearly the TPTB think that the public are really really stupid to not notice the goat being tied to the post.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

It's disturbing how little sympathy you have for the next generation of British youth trying to save their educations and send a message to big banks. I won't pretend to understand why that is, because I don't.

Actually, I said I was on the fence about the protest itself. being in a neutral position does not make it automatically an opposing position. You can question me about why I am neutral of course, or you can make up stuff that allows you to feel more clever than you are..it might make you feel all warm and cushy inside for awhile I suppose.

To me every single working class English kid, and every student that are out there in the streets are Heroes. It's my sincere wish that they succeed in their protests.

I remain neutral (but not without opinion) on the movement. You have taken an absoluteist position.

Round em up and off with their heads eh? Pft. Why don't you just go get the bobby hat and a beater, paint a swastika on your shirt and go cut their heads off then.

Are swastica's part of the english police uniform now adays? man how much things change in a decade

and yes...I will say those people attacking the crown are putrid wastes of flesh pretending to be British. not the protestors, but the specific individuals lashing at the crown.
and I am not English..hell, my nation shot at your nations royalty..we have no love for the royals, but we do have a love for symbols of a countrys legacy.

You're a joke.

a priest walks into a pub.....

nevermind

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Your response contradicts reason in a very striking way. You name the people who are attacking the crown as putrid wastes, yet it's that system that is enforcing these outrageous tuition hikes on their own countries' students. They are openly condemning the future of their country, all so they can bail out the banks!

At the same time you say you support the protestors, how is this possible when they are protesting the actions of their government? Their government passed these initiatives raising tuition costs to 3 times the amount of money they were before. So my question to you is how can you support the protestors who are all openly protesting their government, and at the same time condemn them?!?

This proves to me that you might be incapable of understanding the true gravity of the situation, both in Britain and within OUR own country. And as I've said to others... It's quite obvious that you and i disagree on nearly all levels. But I swear to you I will fight and die for your right to have that freedom. Something our own overly sized, overly intrusive government will never do.

I feel the burden that our brothers and sisters in Britain are carrying on their shoulders as we speak. The situation for them is dire, and soon this is going to come to our soil, like it or not. You're still on the fence because you have refused to open your eyes. The big government system that you tout so proudly will be the downfall of humanity, not just in the UK, but in our own country as well. The western world is crumbling. How long are you going to stand on the fence? Do you not have it inside you to join the oppressed? would stand on the sidelines if your children's education was at stake? would you be such a cynic than?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
why are they taking it out on the royal freeloaders, they should be heros to them. they're the picture perfect example of no work, free education, free wealth, free food, free palaces, free planes, free hotels, free horses, free cars, free apartments, free drinks, free clothes, free jewelery, free boats and free time.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Your response contradicts reason in a very striking way. You name the people who are attacking the crown as putrid wastes, yet it's that system that is enforcing these outrageous tuition hikes on their own countries' students. They are openly condemning the future of their country, all so they can bail out the banks!

the crown is not there to make decisions on taxing and such...that is the doings of the elected politicians.
The eagle on the US dollar has no blame on how a tax man uses it...its just a damn symbol of something that is above any single election cycle or yearly issue...

At the same time you say you support the protestors, how is this possible when they are protesting the actions of their government? Their government passed these initiatives raising tuition costs to 3 times the amount of money they were before. So my question to you is how can you support the protestors who are all openly protesting their government, and at the same time condemn them?!?

I didn't say I support the protestors...I support peaceful protests conceptually of course..and for the most part, thats exactly what it was (fairly ineffectual overall). but as far as the protest itself, the point behind it...well, I am neutral..on the fence..
First off, its not my place to judge how England deals with its issues...I have no place weighing in due to the fact I do not live there, nor pay taxes. I -am- a permanent resident of the UK, but until I pay taxes, then my opinon is not needed.
philosophically, I see the students side of things, and as an American I see that angle also of gotta pay if you want to improve yourself.
American schooling system sucks...we are I think equal to freaking somolia or some such in regards to our educational standards...really bad. the UK has been doing something right to allow them in the top 10 overall..so, something was working already, and something is clearly broken...both sides of the coin they are protesting need to be heard and a compromise must be made.
and the tax dollars that were wasted need to be accounted for. again, I understand the argument they put up...like if America suddenly came up tomorrow with a "road driving" tax for the people...the people would be up in arms demanding that taxes are already used for road tax and that its bull...taxed for it then meant to pay additionally.

This proves to me that you might be incapable of understanding the true gravity of the situation, both in Britain and within OUR own country. And as I've said to others... It's quite obvious that you and i disagree on nearly all levels. But I swear to you I will fight and die for your right to have that freedom. Something our own overly sized, overly intrusive government will never do.

I understand perfectly the gravity of the situation...I am not an absolutist in the situation. there is no white and black here and arguments on both sides need to be heard, charges filed for some of the wigmen whom are clearly in criminal neglect, and a solution must be presented for the finances that all sides agree on. the problem is, both sides are taking absolutist positions and that will only cause issues.

Not sure where the fight and die bit came into play...but thats appreciated..same here bro..even if you are a conservative quack

I feel the burden that our brothers and sisters in Britain are carrying on their shoulders as we speak. The situation for them is dire, and soon this is going to come to our soil, like it or not. You're still on the fence because you have refused to open your eyes. The big government system that you tout so proudly will be the downfall of humanity, not just in the UK, but in our own country as well. The western world is crumbling. How long are you going to stand on the fence? Do you not have it inside you to join the oppressed? would stand on the sidelines if your children's education was at stake? would you be such a cynic than?

Wasteful tax spending? dude, thats been on our shores since taxes were imposed here. heh.

The fence is a comfortable place of reason where once the two sides are done bloodying each others noses, they will meet in the middle and actually discuss the issues, what went wrong in a clear way, how to get out of it working together, and take measures on how to make sure it does not happen again.

conflict, contrary to popular belief, rarely solves anything. verifiable transparent controls and solutions are the order of the day.

and kicking the symbols car and shouting off with their head...well, thats just like trying to kill an eagle because your angry at a senator.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why are they taking it out on the royal freeloaders, they should be heros to them. they're the picture perfect example of no work, free education, free wealth, free food, free palaces, free planes, free hotels, free horses, free cars, free apartments, free drinks, free clothes, free jewelery, free boats and free time.

Jealous?

(I am...lucky $#@ers)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

The difference my friend is the royals dont pay into the tax system the same way as normal british citizens. Although the Queen does pay tax, it is a very secret arrangement not available for public scrutiny.

On the other hand the parents of these students have been paying extremely high taxes to ensure a decent level of education be available for their off spring.

I dont know where people keep getting the idea these things are free. They are not free they have been paid for by the high taxes paid by british citizens. The deal is you pay the tax and in return expect to receive a level of service in return. The problem is when the tax money paid by the PUBLIC is used to prop up PRIVATE institutions that are deemed to big to fail. So that money that the parents and grand parents of the students has been redirected away from education and to plug the gaps in the financial institution.

Yet bankers will be raking in millions in bonuses this year (ensuring their off spring can get a University degree) while many working class young people can forget getting a university education.
edit on 13-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
On the SBS news tonight they said that physical contact was made by a protester on Cammilla. They said it occured through an open window.

For reasons I wont go into, I happen to know that members of the Royal family are driven by police officers trained to drive persuit cars.

Some questions..

How could a copper get lost and drive members of the royal family into a demosntration?
How could a copper not recognise they are getting closer and closer to a group of young people and still not take a detour and go in a different direction, ie turn around and go back, take a right or left turn?
How could all the coppers at the demonstration and their commanders back at that station not know that members of the royal fmaily was headed their way and not send another coppoer to interecept the royal car before it got to the demonstration? Where is MI5 or 6 whatever is the right one, to ensure the vehicle is kept away from the demonstration.
Does the royal car not have electric windows? why were the windows not wound up when it was obvious they were going to drive through a demosntration?

Sound a bit fishy to you?

cheers

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I love the bit in the BBC report where camilla was 'poked with a stick'.
Isn't that what kids do to a piece of poop?
Or a dead body?
Pretty much sums them up really and no I don't like the Royals, what do they do apart from sponge off the taxpayer and do nothing.
Before anyone says anything about 'tourism' and the revenue 'they bring in' , NO , people go to see their houses and their property, the Royals DO NOT greet them and shake them by the hand when they enter Buckingham Palace so thats a moot point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join