It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demystifying the Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No matter what conspiracy you follow, most of them lead back to the Bible. I was curious and read different key part of the book and the least I can say his that it's hard to read, but really interesting!

Taking the whole Von Daniken approach, I realized that the so call MANY NAMES of the Devil were most likely different entity!

Here's the list.

DEVIL - Comes from deofol which means "evil spirit" "false god" in general use "accuser, slanderer," from diaballein "to slander, attack," lit. "throw across," from dia- "across, through" + ballein "to throw"

(ET's that were at war with humans??)

SATAN - from Heb. satan "adversary, one who plots against another," from satan "to show enmity to, oppose, plot against," from root s-t-n "one who opposes, obstructs, or acts as an adversary."

(Not one entity, Anything who plot against the will of god?)

LUCIFER - "morning star," from L. Lucifer "morning star," lit. "light-bringing," from lux (gen. lucis) + ferre "carry"
"the one who bring light." (Quote)"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" [KJV] The verse was interpreted by Christians as a reference to "Satan," because of the mention of a fall from Heaven, even though it is literally a reference to the KING OF BABYLON

(Fallen Angel, ET who was cast out of heaven)

BEELZEBUB - Philistine god worshipped at Ekron - from Heb. ba'al-z'bub "lord of the flies," from ba'al "lord" + z'bhubh "fly." By later Christian writers often taken as another name for "Satan," though Milton made him one of the fallen angels.

(Obviously one entity - Why Lord of the Flies?? Could fly mean something else that flies...?)

So has we can see - they're all different entity! - Why the confusion, misinterpretation. It's not like I discovered something big, all references come form: www.etymonline.com...
And I bet thousands of priests around the world don't even know this. To me it's a simple example of how religion is simply based on interpretation and that everything that meant something in this and other religious books have been taken out a long,long time ago.

Could be interesting now to see if LORD, SHEPPARD, GOD, GODS, JESUS represent different entity!
If you have some biblical knowledge please bring in some insight.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here's another 2 important words that needs to be analyzed.

ARMAGEDDON: "a final conflict," 1811, figurative use of name in Rev. xvi.16, BUT IT IS ACTUALLY a place of the great and final conflict, from Heb. Har Megiddon "Mount of Megiddo," city in central Palestine, site of important Israeli battles.

(So it's place. Is it WHERE the final conflict should happen?)

and

APOCALYPSE : "revelation, disclosure," from Church L. apocalypsis "revelation," from Gk. apokalyptein "uncover," from apo- "from" + kalyptein "to cover, conceal"

( The moment where everything is reveal )

So why all of these words are use wrongfully? It just seems to me that the original words are not as scary as the use we make of them today. Lost or Hidden knowledge?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Excellent topic. Very much appreciated.

More please!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Thanks - I reposted it in the religion section. Perhaps people will have stuff to add.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here's something to chew on:

Ba'al means Lord God.
Know anyone else who goes by that title?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Also Lucifer as the light bearer (lucem ferre in Latin) is a little more confused as well, I came across the Hebrew word for 'adversary' which is Haleal. Now the original name of Lucifer (the Babylonian King was Heleel, or The Shining One.) I believe it was Joseph Smith and the cacophonous b.s. of Mormonism that proliferated that mistranslation, forging passages in his scriptures after the mistake.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Dog,mutt,pooch,canine,best friend, old yeller , are names for domestic canine. The devil, slew foot ,ole horn head, and most the others you mentioned are mostly one being used and described in different contexts,languages ,and accounts. Your statement that most preists don't understand that is most likely error.The teachings I have been exposed to also go into the echelon systems of rank within the demonic hierarchy .
There are countless misunderstanding through ignorance that have confused "interpretation" and "contradiction" with just plain understanding.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

.The teachings I have been exposed to also go into the echelon systems of rank within the demonic hierarchy .

Tell us more - I don't pretend to know anything about it all. A simple man seeing what he sees. That's the reason I started this thread.

Want to know more about how these beings were seen and named. If they are physical or spiritual.

There is a lot of confusion and misinterpretation.

As for most priest not knowing, ....I said that I thought a lot, not most, but a lot wouldn't know the difference.

I am particularily interest in Beelzebub and Lucifer cos' these two mean something quite clear.

The one who bring light & the Lord of the Flies.
It's just weird.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

As a seeker of truth I would advice you to do self-cultivation. People with third eye open can see which types of demons there are in other dimensions including the vicious animals that possess people.

Book tip for you, Zhuan Falun:

www.falundafa.org...

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thanks - Really interesting - Looks like I have a lot to read

Already it hit a chord. - Good ,True and Endure.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join