It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddities in MARS "On the way to Bonneville" Hi-Res Pic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Looks like a chunk of Phobos that landed on mars..same "patterns"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

It does look very weird. And it looks just like what you say - like the rock has been pushed along to form that smooth path in the dirt. Especially since the "smoothness" isn't anywhere else near the rock. Not front, back or right side...just the left side.

Quite reminiscent of the moving boulders in death valley no ?www.pbs.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to do a LOT better than that. What is most amazing about these pics is that you can only find a few rocks which look like OOPAs. Show me a dozen random rocks here on Earth and I can pick out 3 of them and they'll resemble something

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I also believe there is STILL life on Mars.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by amari

Any pictures you'd like to share with us? Or any proof about the rock/alien transformer?

Can i pitch in for amari?

here's a picture of a group of "people", 2 seated on some kind of a snow craft and at least 3 or 4 more people
hanging around...
the 2 guys on the ski craft are wearing some kind of safety helmets ...the rests seems to be curious bout the guys in the sled...
taken from at viewing distance 23 meters away...on mars...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/822b333e637d.jpg[/atsimg]

nasa and hi rise images are the best, even impeccable but they always seem to land in a place so desolate that all you can see are views you can see in an arabian desert...
if they landed those bilion dollar gizmos in Rub al Kali desert they can at least see some stray camels and donkeys...

rub al kali:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3d1d239c059.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Did you post the right picture?

here's a picture of a group of "people"

Blurry, indistinct, blobs of color....over-zoomed in, maybe? Resulting in pixelation and smearing?

Ever heard of the Rorsharch Inkblot Test??

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

yes, they are the right pix mate... all you have to do is follow up on those coords and see it for yourself...
now if you think they're what you say they are...please come up with better ones...

pixelation? smearing? whooa, google apps has a lot of explaining to do then...
edit on 13-12-2010 by alphaMegas because: adlib

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There are a lot of serious, adults, on ATS...and playing these childish games with "Google Mars" should be frowned upon.

For those of you without the Google Mars app....in the general location that the above ATS member took a screenshot, it is an area that has been specifically marked by Google, and labelled "Streamlined Features".

It is represented on the Google Map image as a bluish strip, in the midst of the rest of the mostly orange-red Mars surface. It is FALSE COLORED. You can find it yourself (if you have the Mars app) by going to general coordinates 32 degrees South by 39 degrees West. It is just west of "Bond Crater" (Bond is a labelled landmark). Be sure to have the map oriented so that North is to top, when looking to the west of Bond Crater.

I'm trying to find out what Google means, with the term "streamlined features". Here's a Wiki reference to Google Mars, overall:

Google Mars provides a visible imagery view, like Google Moon, as well as infrared imagery and shaded relief (elevation) of the planet Mars. Users can toggle between the elevation, visible, and infrared data, in the same manner as switching between map, satellite, and hybrid modes of Google Maps. In collaboration with NASA scientists at the Mars Space Flight Facility located at Arizona State University, Google has provided the public with data collected from two NASA Mars missions, Mars Global Surveyor and 2001 Mars Odyssey.[64]

Now, with Google Earth 5 it is possible to access new improved Google Mars data at a much higher resolution, as well as being able to view the terrain in 3D, and viewing panoramas from various Mars landers in a similar way to Google Street View.

Perhaps the "Google Street View" confuses these people who think, when they see a Google Mars image, and place their "virtual camera" down to what is called "street view" (or elevation), that they are ( laugh ) actually seeing something equivalent to Google Earth's "Street View"!!!

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Has anyone ever seen the way that Google compiles their "street view" images? I have. It's a car...an automobile. With a really funky-looking apparatus on top...this is the camera. Car drives around, camera takes pictures. Trust me, there is NO CAR doing this on Mars!!!

Here's a picture I found, of one such vehicle...getting a ticket from a cop!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/302da0c2c9a3.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, and it's important to realize that most Google Earth images, when you "zoom in" to get detail? Those photos were taken by aircraft, to get the better resolution. NOT all of it is from satellites. (That's why the quality varies so much...like in the Sahara desert? Not going to waste money flying airplanes around to take pictures of sand dunes!)

So, with Mars...ALL images are compiled from the satellite photos...from the Mars Global Surveyor, and Mars Odyssey satellites. Therefore, they have a fixed resolution (you can look them up) of so many meters per pixel. "Zooming in" does NOT increase that resolution, it distorts it, and that's when you get into seeing things, that your imagination provides....THAT is a bit like the Rorschach Test uses, with inkblots.....it's an example of your psychological (and mental) state of mind......

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I have a photo that shows a Sandmarie riding a 3 wheeled vehicle going over a slight rise in the Terrane. I will have to get with someone that has Hi Tech equipment because when I scan on my old scanner it comes out not so good. I have a photo that looks like a tiny tiny perfect cyborg kneeling over apparently looking and picking up something.

Also I discovered a tiny tiny statue that looks similar to the one on Easter Islands but is standing up straight. The Sandmaries do wear hats of all kinds and as a vehicle approached the stationary Pathfinder it showed an image of a tiny tiny bearded humanoid on what looked to be a tiny tiny TV screen. These photos will blow you away and we have absolutely positively been lyed to. ^Y^

edit on 13-12-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Google Mars provides a visible imagery view, like Google Moon, as well as infrared imagery and shaded relief (elevation) of the planet Mars. Users can toggle between the elevation, visible, and infrared data, in the same manner as switching between map, satellite, and hybrid modes of Google Maps. In collaboration with NASA scientists at the Mars Space Flight Facility located at Arizona State University, Google has provided the public with data collected from two NASA Mars missions, Mars Global Surveyor and 2001 Mars Odyssey.[64]

"Now, with Google Earth 5 it is possible to access new improved Google Mars data at a much higher resolution, as well as being able to view the terrain in 3D, and viewing panoramas from various Mars landers in a similar way to Google Street View."

"Similar way to google street view".
so how does this confuses us?
and yes, i do believe there are no cars on Mars.
After all , by this time they already have found some more energy efficient and more eco friendly power source ...

and means of transport, i believe...

and as to my state of mind, i've never been to a shrink...happy?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Are you by chance "David Stacey", of YouTube screen name "doowop62" fame??

Because, I see those videos made by this man, and fear for his sanity --- for I view him as a very mentally disturbed individual. (Same with "Skipper", over at 'marsanomalyresearch'....)

BUT, if you are the same person, then I must refrain from further comment, and let you deal with others, here......as manners are required at ATS. And it would be ill-mannered to refer to an ATS member as "less than sane". OTHERS? I think they're fair game, just not ATS members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, for everyone else's convenience, here is the Rover image "PIA09091" for you, it is in hi-res and loads very large (on my screen, anyway) so you can zoom in for detail:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 13 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

these photos, are they from google apps? if so, can you provide the coordinates? if still photo i still wanna see it to corroborate with some of my data...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I am truly sorry you seem to not understand the limitations in the software Google uses, for "Google Mars" imaging.

Firstly, is the source. The final image will never be better than, the original source. For the Mars Orbiter Camera, on the Global Surveyor spacecraft (which stopped operating in November, 2006), the SMALLEST resolution, per pixel, is 1.5 meters. Nothing smaller than that (about 5 feet) can be seen, from the camera in orbit. And, that resolution is only for the Hi-Res Black and White components:

The Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC) science investigation used 3 instruments: a narrow angle camera that took (black-and-white) high resolution images (usually 1.5 to 12 m per pixel) and red and blue wide angle pictures for context (240 m per pixel) and daily global imaging (7.5 km per pixel).

www.airports-worldwide.com...

The MRO (Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter) arrived about the same time the Surveyor stopped communicating with Earth.

The Hi-RISE camera that the MRO carries has better resolution abilities, down to about one-half meter (0.5m) under ideal conditions. But NOT ALL of "Google Mars" is at that resolution...that swath labelled "Streamlined", and others scattered around the globe, are places that benefit from the enhanced resolution. Still, once integrated into the Google viewing software, its limitations become obvious...as you try to zoom "down" for more detail.

Now, for the actual views that are equivalent to Earth "street views", the images from the Rovers Opportunity and Spirit are used...so, those are only available in locations where those Rovers have been, and have taken pictures.

Point is....earlier, that image form "Google Mars", where you claimed "snow"? Wasn't. The whole thing was "false-color" and detail enhanced. There are no "people", no "beings", no "snow vehicles"...or whatever else you claimed were in the image.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Point is....earlier, that image form "Google Mars", where you claimed "snow"? Wasn't. The whole thing was "false-color" and detail enhanced. There are no "people", no "beings", no "snow vehicles"...or whatever else you claimed were in the image.

Point taken....the "Claims" are tags or label for noting something "snowlike" and things we really dont know unless we're there.

no snow vehicle, no people, no nothing is the side of your fence...just as we try to search for more "imaginary things on the other side....

its not just the images im after... its the hypothesis of other beings in Mars...now this seems more farfetched

but better than ufo hunting here on earth...

goodday mate...

after all thats why there is the ATS and this forum...
edit on 13-12-2010 by alphaMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

I hadn't heard of that before. Checked out your link....very interesting stuff.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

BTW, for everyone else's convenience, here is the Rover image "PIA09091" for you, it is in hi-res and loads very large (on my screen, anyway) so you can zoom in for detail:

There are some interesting things in this hi-res pic too.

Square rock, smooth face with what looks like a recessed square notch in the center (a little above the mid point of the arrow line):

And a zoomed in view:

And this one is just.....weird. From upper right of photo:

Zoomed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f8d6be57b4b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No I am not David Stacey. The detailed Photos I talk about on Mars were provided by NASA and JPL. The NASA employee that released these photos publicly did not know these entities were in the photos or he would of never released the Mars photos. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

????

The NASA employee that released these photos publicly did not know these entities were in the photos...

What? What "entities"?

Oh, and even more incredibly....a "NASA employee" released images accidentally, and thus "blew the cover"?? You mean, this "employee" (guess there's only one person, in the entire organization??) didn't even look at the pictures?

You can't be serious?

(.....backing away, slowly...slowly...no sudden moves.....avoid eye contact. Avoid eye contact!......)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
reply to post by The Djin

I hadn't heard of that before. Checked out your link....very interesting stuff.

Thanks for posting it.

Hm, how do we actually know these pictures are from mars ?

Let's be honest, to me they could have been taken anywhere, if there are little shiny things moving boulders datas' head and all that why are NASA allowing us to seem them? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by amari

????

The NASA employee that released these photos publicly did not know these entities were in the photos...

What? What "entities"?

Oh, and even more incredibly....a "NASA employee" released images accidentally, and thus "blew the cover"?? You mean, this "employee" (guess there's only one person, in the entire organization??) didn't even look at the pictures?

You can't be serious?

(.....backing away, slowly...slowly...no sudden moves.....avoid eye contact. Avoid eye contact!......)

These were photos in color of the Pathfinder Sojourner mission and were the most detailed I have ever seen. No cover blown he had access to photos that had supposedly been reviewed but that the sensor team missed. It takes a trained eye to see these things and they are not vague anomalies they are in detail. When you are looking at thousands of objects in a photo you miss a few now and then. One photo shows what looks to be a Guerrilla you can see the fine hair of the animal in the crouched down position and you can see the face and the outside foot. What the sensor team did was place a large rock in the background an in front of the rock made the Guerrilla or large chimp looking animal have the appearance at first glance to be the shadow.

There are all kinds of birds on Mars the first that I saw was a duck and the next bird I saw was an owl from the Pathfinder Sojourner mission. What I call the Cat God statue is absolutely positively in one of the Sojourner photos that I latter made a painting of along with 70 other paintings of lifeforms and anomalies. ^Y^

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join