It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS how much of a risk does it pose to my future,posting anti-gov opinions & ideologies on your site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
With all the censorship issues around Wiki leaks I was thinking it may not be too long before we here on ATS begin to be virtually kettled by the ruling powers of the world.

My question to ATS and some of its more knowledgeable members is, what risks do i run by posting my opinions or thoughts on things that i see but that i don’t agree upon, being done to the people of the world by the rich and powerful?

For example if i disagree with the current handling of the protestors in London over the tuition fee rise, am i safe to allow my emotions to get the better of me when describing my feelings toward these supposed oppressors or is there the possibility of what i write now coming back to haunt me i.e. could i later on be arrested for it?

This is just one example but i am sure there are many many more.

I am genuinely interested in finding out where things stand on this issue as i feel it will become a more important one over the course of the next couple of years.

Thanks.

edit on 12-12-2010 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Depending on where you live your freedom of speech is curtailed..

Say what you want when you want and have no regrets just be careful because this is the internet.

Everything is logged and can be looked at.

No real need to worry if you live in america unless you are threatening violence or someones life everything else is on the table..

Besides no one really care what you think in the government unless you are trying to kill people....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

... what risks do i run by posting my opinions or thoughts on things that i see but that i don’t agree upon, being done to the people of the world by the rich and powerful?

If you speak up you could be targeted for termination, imprisonment or torture.

If you DON'T speak up you could be targeted for termination, imprisonment or torture.

Hope that clears things up for you.
edit on 12-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you are from the UK, you should be ok so long as you don't advocate violence against anybody. We still have some freedom of speech.

Just remember that the things you say here form part of a permanent public record. This site is searchable from outside sources and you are not properly anonymous if somebody is determined.

If you intend any kind of political career, life in the public eye, or some forms of government employ the above applies more so.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't foresee anything happening to ATS as TPTB probably look at it as an "information gathering" tool for them.

A good rule of thumb for the internet in general - Never post anything that you wouldn't be willing to write on a large sign and display to the public in front of your house.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would say, uh.. depending on how your voice leaks into your daily life, and whether you disrupt the status quo, or if you show signs of violence off the forums, then what you say here would be used against you for sure.. If you are worried of getting arrested, then say little.. if you know you aren't commiting crimes, then say what you wish.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

I wouldn't worry about *actually* posting on ATS.

What I would *worry* about is telling others (i.e., friends, family members, colleagues) that you do post on ATS.

Why?

I am often contacted as a reference for those who have applied for government or contractor work that requires security clearances. One of the questions that background investigators ask me is "Do you know if this person has ever said anything against the US?"

So if we knew each other in real life, and you talked about certain opinions you had posted....I would have to NARC ON YOU...

Seriously though, something to think about?

edit on 12-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

nothing wrong in voicing your opinion if you are in the uk. just do not incite violence or hatred in any way or you will end up scrutinised.
btw be careful of trolls and the like. they like stirring up the funk!
regards f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The way things are going in western countries .. Wouldnt worry about it.. Have the courage to speak out now to try to make peaceful change before its too late.. And as others have stated as long as you refrain from threats of violence / inciting to violence you should be ok.. But the way theyre going now if unchecked nearly everything will be a crime against the state..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
you are screwed if you think you can be safe, simply because no one can come here and guarantee that the US government or some agency, or pseudo agency do not have access to the website database and your ip address

even if the admins doesnt know anything about it, they could still be doing it

so, the only way for u to be safe is to use a lot of measures to avoid detection of your identity ... proxies and other techniques if you want to feel safe

well, just for you to know, some script kid broke into ATS database some years ago, changed the database so he could create a hoax (well, thats the admins side of the history) (some people believe someone posted here that an attack was going to happen, and then they deleted everything so it did not caused problems to the website)

so, if someone can do it, you bet that they can

another thing: it is already proven that there are groups of vigilantes in the internet, looking for usernames (at least) and profiling them

so, you are not safe

edit on 12/12/10 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join