It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I'm Not a Witch' Picked as Top Quote of Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A Yale librarian says Christine O'Donnell's TV ad declaring "I'm not a witch" during her unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign has topped this year's best quotes. Fred Shapiro, associate librarian at Yale Law School, released his fifth annual list of the most notable quotations of the year. In the ad, O'Donnell was responding to reports of her revelations that she had dabbled in witchcraft years ago.

The quote by O'Donnell, a tea party favorite running in Delaware, tied for first place with "I'd like my life back," the lament made in May by BP's CEO Tony Hayward after the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.

Source: www.newsmax.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc5a366b7e6c.jpg[/atsimg]
Poor Girl. She is political toast. I liked her, once I got a chance to hear her but it was too late and she wasn't from my state.

It will be interesting to see where she goes or what she does politically-if anything. I heard she had a 6 figure book deal. Dam Republican women. Making money hand over fist.

I have a feeling Saturday Night Live will be running with this. Give Palin a break maybe. lol

edit on 12/12/2010 by anon72 because: photo

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know this is probably a late entry but Sarah Palin's "North Korea are our allies" should've topped O'Donnell's oxymoronic quote "I'm not a witch: I'm you." which was truly strange. Palin's quote highlights the comedy that is American politics.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A Yale librarian says Christine O'Donnell's TV ad declaring "I'm not a witch" during her unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign has topped this year's best quotes. Fred Shapiro, associate librarian at Yale Law School, released his fifth annual list of the most notable quotations of the year. In the ad, O'Donnell was responding to reports of her revelations that she had dabbled in witchcraft years ago.

Your not A Witch Eh??

That's what They ALL Say!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ok I'll say it.... That picture makes her look like a witch.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My vote for top quote would have been....

''Now, they're saying I groped a male staffer. Yes, I did. Not only did I grope him, I tickled him until he couldn't breathe and four guys jumped on top of me. It was my 50th birthday.''
—Ex-Congressman Eric Massa (D-NY), talking to Glenn Beck after resigning amid allegations that he sexually harassed his aides

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I wish that just once someone with guts would just say, "I am a Wiccan and I am running for public office." It seems funny to me that one must swear to be a Christian to hold public office in America.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

There are plenty of people who run for public office that are proud of being a wiccan, but they run as independents and lose.

Some voters still have problems with Catholics running in campaigns... Elena Kagan is Jewish, there was some furor over the lack of protestants on the supreme court. It shouldn't matter, but it does.

However, that O'Donnel ad was hilarious. I still watch it and laugh.

top topics

join