It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Espionage Act: How the gov can engage in serious aggression against people of the united states

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by sapien82

vftb.net...

most government computers have no usb ports available to copy things from, for this very reason. in addition, top secret data is broken into sections and becomes the purview of compartmentalized units. this stuff has safety features on top of safety features.

Yep yep her you go. Great post great info. This crap was packaged and handed down. Probably modified to some degree.

What we are all looking at here is a big ol giant fat bunch of crap. This is staged.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by undo

"this is what happens when poor people get mad"

No, this happens when racist people beat up, kill, imprison, disenfranchise and pray on a group of people for no other reason than for their own desire thirsty, greedy, materialistic, personal comfort!

But they do that to thier own kind! Whites and blacks. Do you think white cops dont beat whites with night sticks when the situation comes along?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great find, EXCELLENT article.

I didn't know the history of the Espionage Act - that it was used to silence dissent for WWI and President Wilson, and to neutralize the "troublesome" First Amendment. Things are getting clearer.

Under similar laws in Germany in the early thirties, it became a form of 'espionage' and 'treason' to criticize the Nazi party, to listen to British radio programs, to joke about the fuhrer, or to read cartoons that mocked the government. Communist Russia in the 30's, East Germany in the 50's, and China today all use parallel legislation to call criticism of the government -- or whistleblowing -- 'espionage' and 'treason', and 'legally' imprison or even execute journalists, editors, and human rights activists accordingly.

I call on all American citizens to rise up and insist on repeal of the Espionage Act immediately.

Why?

As Wolf says,

This is not about Julian Assange. This, my fellow citizens, is about you.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
S@F for you

For US citizens this is probably the most important thread on ATS. And it lends credence
to the conspiratorial idea that the entire Wikileaks-Assange predicament is simply another
false-flag event aimed at the heart of internet freedom and free-speech in general. Nobody likes
a rat, or rat holes...so watch for the government and media to play us like the piper and
lead us by the nose into acquiescing even more freedom.

We truly are headed down the slippery slope of tyranny at an alarming rate. What with the
Patriot Act, the possible resurgence of the Espionage Act, the recent SCOTUS corporate
campaign funding ruling coupled with the easily compromised Diebold voting machines...
(I could go on but it is too depressing) we are headed towards a true police state.

The only chance I see out of this is the hopeful election of Ron Paul...Short of that near
impossibility our children had better become quickly and fervently political and start right in
changing the sheets on the bed that we (sadly) have made for them...
edit on 13-12-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The Misplaced US Determination To Indict Assange - Firedoglake

Never before has the Espionage Act, nor other provisions of the criminal code, been applied to First Amendment protected American press in the manner being blithely tossed around by US officials in the WikiLeak wake. Avoidance of First Amendment press and publication has been not just the general position of the DOJ historically, it has been borne out by significant caselaw over the years. If you need a primer on the hands off attitude that has been the hallmark of treatment of press entities, you need look no further than New York Times v. United States, aka the “Pentagon Papers Case”. In NYT v. US, the government could not even use the Espionage Act in a civil context against the press, much less a criminal one as they propose for Assange, without being forcefully shot down. Daniel Ellsberg is right when he says that “Every attack now made on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange was made against me”.

emptywheel.firedoglake.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by undo

Like I said, you're FREE to believe as you wish. As am I.

With that being said don't ever dictate to me again about how much hardship I've been through, ever. Yeah you're older than me, is that your reasoning behind treating me as inferior to you? And you make it seem like I was attacking your age. I wasn't.

You're angry at the wrong group of people! Who do you think passed the laws and the bills and the bailouts that put us in the God awful situation in the first place?

I know where I'll be on July 4th. You just keep hiding and seeking safety with in the government.

I CHOOSE LIBERTY.

Actually, I can answer the quesition, those who passed the laws and the bills and the bailouts are and were part of secret oaths, secret societies.
Is that not something to look at. You are suggesting revolution, ok, but what about the secret societies, where will they be, waiting patiently in the temple?

edit on 13-12-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Just had a thought.

Full out revolution will lead to anarchy and chaos - people will freak out - the global corporations will walk in, "establish order" with the merc militaries they built with our tax dollars - and take over our government. No more acting through an intermediary, no more pretence at democracy.

No more Bill of Rights, Constitution, no nothing but serfdom to our corporate masters.

Yipes. What a thought.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What happen to A Government for the people and by the people, my friend we the people has not been in power in this nation since the bankers took over as citizens status with corporate American following behind.

Our now corporate government should not have the rights to pass any laws into citizens when they are a corrupted entity themselves.

You don't have to look any farther to see how Americas government has been lost.

Forcing laws to squash the peoples voices is nothing short of dictatorship and the only reason we don't get to have a life time president is because that is what "so call parties" are for, they just recycle the trash over and over again creating a sense of Democracy, but the rulers are the same and their power is totalitarian.

Americas real governemnt the ones that seats in their thrones for life behind the so call elected president.

edit on 13-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by undo

"this is what happens when poor people get mad"

No, this happens when racist people beat up, kill, imprison, disenfranchise and pray on a group of people for no other reason than for their own desire thirsty, greedy, materialistic, personal comfort!

But they do that to thier own kind! Whites and blacks. Do you think white cops dont beat whites with night sticks when the situation comes along?

well a gentleman i talked to about this told me that white people are of the line of Esau, and God hates the line of Esau. Esaus' most evil descendants are in charge of the world, he said. If you can't make it in Esau's world, even tho his descendats are your kin, you're apparently a horrible loser that couldn't make it anywhere, anyway. The reason he responded to me like that was i had asked him if the problem was one of race, why white people / white leaders have also attacked white people and that was his response. If you're white and
attacked by Esau it's not because Esau is evil, in other words, but because you're a loser. However, if you're attacked by Esau and you're black, it's because Esau is evil. That's the theology being bantered about in the black communities where racism is a requirement not a thing to be shunned. A double whammy: In other words, if you're a poor white person who is falsely accused and/or treated horribly, it's because God hates ya, and so does the Devil (esau)

obama's former minister would most likely agree with this ^man's theology.

edit on 13-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Exactly.
Whilst all this is nice poetic justice, the reality is a very, very, different one.
Revolution is not the way, education is.
We have not come this far through countless efforts and time by revolutions, it has been by countless hours and efforts from people woking education.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

you are just frustrating bc you spouted on a nd on that you arent racist, but your fantasy ina hypothetical coup is that some 20 year old (poor person) busts into your house to kill you and your family. ignorance at its apex. now what you fail to see is that in that hypothetical you are one of the valuable people. there would be platoons of miliatary trying to round ur ass up to put into a camp and your concern is that some "poor" person is going to come take your white luxuries? that is what starts racial tension, always assuming that since "statistically" (to you) white people are rich, black people are poor, they would kill you to take your things. dont you realize that when shtf and its too late to turn back those people that were poor, are now in every way your equal, probably more so because of your health condition, and their longlived fortitude, sometimes going days without food in the system that "keeps u safe" id say we have a good advantage, and we would be your only hope.
you seem to see it as us vs. them, and its only a matter of time untill the whole thing explodes, but that is the racial tension you fear so bad. we are all in this together, and it wouldnt cause race riots because your enemy isnt white, he/she is asian, black, russian, italian, french, irish, scottish, mexican, cuban etc etc. the enemy will be wearing the uniforms, and they will not treat you with the tenderness that your condition dictates, they will see you as cattle trying to escape the farm, and will most likely get rid of you

the problem is that you dont see us blacks as anything that doesnt fit the rap steriotype, you dont even see us as the people that would protect your wrinkled ass to the death, not giving a # that we were slaves. you know what? when we were slaves we had to do all the work, so got strong, used to it. yet you believe we would rather kill you for "things" that arent worth the blood already spilled to produce them.

human life is the most important. humans will never cease to amaze me. even when i pulled a woman out of the way of a taxi that cut the corner of the curb she just ran away screaming at the top of her lungs "help!" or "dont hurt me" you wonder why we get tired of race, 5 years down the line i may have been so frustrated with it that i wouldve just let the bitch keep texting, have the taxi take out her knees and just laughed at those stupid white-folk

with all due respect, ihate everyone equally, and there is no room for hate in my life, what doesthat mean?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

And what education can there be now the government has decided that Assange is not a journalist? Bloggers can also fall under this rulling, local newspaper outlets, etc. This whole Wikileaks ordeal seems to tie into this sort of thing:

zacjohnson.com...

I do not like where this is going... at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Last time I checked, I never got my education from Wikileaks.
If you study all revolutions, you will find it isnt as romantic as some might think.
I have been into Che Guevara, hence the name, Dr, but Guevara says so himself, he followed Lennins comunuism, and I dont support that. I like the man, the myth, and I love poetic justice.
More than once I have fantasized about revolution and fighting for freedom and once and for all have peace among us, who hasnt?
But then I sit back and relax and think of other peacefull ways of changing things.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Last time I checked, I never got my education from Wikileaks.

No, but you do have the 1st Amendment to thank for that education... that's where I am going with this. This isn't about wikileaks, this is about the Feds deciding what is and isn't journalism.

If you study all revolutions...

I have and I know what war looks like. My point is, while I agree with you that all peaceful avenues should be exhausted, if our Federal Government continues to expand its control over us and erode our liberties than they are in for a rude awakening. You may have no stomach for it, but there are others that do. A solution must be found quickly or we will see it with our own eyes.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

i'm not talking about non-racist black people. i'm talking about racist black people

this is just an example of taking potential, scary, future scenarios and using them for a reason to drum up fear
of something. in the case of this thread, and pretty much all of dimensional detective's threads (and alex jones concentration camps), it's always about how america is a fascist dictatorship and yet, it never quite materializes. not saying it won't, just pointing out that drumming up dissent usually requires instilling fear in people for some future event, that may never happen. particularly if people are paying atttention :which we are.

p.s. and the only reason your racist post got 3 stars is because at least 3 racists read your post and agreed with it. my "white luxuries" as you put it, are mostly broken. i wash my laundry by hand, for example. the good old fashioned way. my valuables are my family, which i mentioned in the section you're responding to. the reference to being secure in my home and possessions is a reference to founding documents, which someone else evoked, earlier in the thread, which basically states that this is a basic human right, to be secure in your home and possessions
edit on 13-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

"Presidential candidate Eugene Debs received a ten-year prison sentence in 1918 under the Espionage Act for daring to read the First Amendment in public. The roundup of ordinary citizens -- charged with the Espionage Act -- who were jailed for daring to criticize the government was so effective in deterring others from speaking up that the Act silenced dissent in this country for a decade. "

A PRESIDENTIAL candidate for reading the FIRST. Wow.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse

"Presidential candidate Eugene Debs received a ten-year prison sentence in 1918 under the Espionage Act for daring to read the First Amendment in public. The roundup of ordinary citizens -- charged with the Espionage Act -- who were jailed for daring to criticize the government was so effective in deterring others from speaking up that the Act silenced dissent in this country for a decade. "

A PRESIDENTIAL candidate for reading the FIRST. Wow.

yeah now THAT's scary. but it happened 100 years ago. is it for certain that american politicians will agree to this thing now?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

We are about to find out. If they can get away with it they sure will roll it out.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

who is rangell? can you link info?

Rangell Censured

The House voted 333-79 to censure Rangel for failing to pay all his taxes, filing misleading financial statements, improperly seeking money from corporate interests for a college center bearing his name and setting up a campaign office in a subsidized, New York apartment designated for residential use.

When Rangel spoke to the House before the censure vote, he contritely said, "I brought it on to myself." He appealed for fairness, but let a half-dozen supporters argue unsuccessfully for a lesser reprimand.

After the vote, speaking to the House, Rangel showed a flash of anger, saying that "at no time has it ever entered my mind to enrich myself or to do violence to the honesty that's expected of all of us in this House."

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by sapien82

vftb.net...

most government computers have no usb ports available to copy things from, for this very reason. in addition, top secret data is broken into sections and becomes the purview of compartmentalized units. this stuff has safety features on top of safety features.

Yep yep her you go. Great post great info. This crap was packaged and handed down. Probably modified to some degree.

What we are all looking at here is a big ol giant fat bunch of crap. This is staged.

Not actually. SCIFs do have computers with USB drives and USB drives are actually commonly used to transfer classified material. In a big red folder with a stop sign on it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join