It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Espionage Act: How the gov can engage in serious aggression against people of the united states

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Star for FarArcher
that was on topic

Why is the government not closing the border w/ mexico?
because they now have three major racial divisions
Whites Blacks Mexicans
christians muslims non religious
man women youths

divide and conqure
the best way to control the opposition is to be the opposition

the people who know they are selling the US down the tubes
will be the first to grab what ever they can for them selves
as soon as they think they can get away with it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Didn't your President Obama promise you a "new transparency" in government?
Isn't that what you are beginning to get?
How can someone be charged with espionage when it contributes to fulfillment of a campaign promise?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

my point exactly. but it doesn't matter. even bringing up the reality of what happens when large mobs of angry people are intent on taking out their frustrations on the first moving target that even remotely resembles their enemies, is characterized as racism
it's just an artifact of human nature.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

i'm just pointing to the big elephant in the room. you may have friends that will not begrudge you your skin color, but in race wars and riots, your skin color changes everything. do you think if you had driven into LA during the riots that they would care that you had black or brown friends? i'm not talking about people you get along with and who treat you and you treat them, amicably, i'm talking about what happens when people get desperate. comprende' amigo?

No, no yo comprede chica! I am talking about the southside of Chicago in the midst of drug and gang wars. I am talking about Flatbush, Brooklyn in a notoriously violent era. I am talking Detroit city in a age of massive economic oppression and epic murder rates I am talking about holding my own as a man who understands human needs and emotions. I am talking about being a compassionate and wise human regardless of skin color! I am talking about interacting with people based on individual circumstances and not lumping people all into one stereotypical group! I am talking about being a human first and a White guy last!

I am talking about something you obviously don't understand, so the logical thing is to end this conversation...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Didn't your President Obama promise you a "new transparency" in government?
Isn't that what you are beginning to get?
How can someone be charged with espionage when it contributes to fulfillment of a campaign promise?

Mods?
Please note;

Alethea's post is worthy of a standing ovation!!! IMHO.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

so how do riots where people of different skin colors attack each other, happen? how did nazis conclude it was a good idea to kill jews? why did stalin decide to do the same thing? how about all those farmers in the soviet union? did stalin have them all over for tea and crumpets, or did he starve them all to death on their own land? and while we're at it, what causes hindus and muslims to attack each other? or why are we in iraq? for that matter, why are you attacking me? you really don't know, do you.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I apologize for my ability to see thing antiseptically. It's truly a burden, but one that has shown remarkable improvement from where it started.

I keep hearing in your posts a couple of things. A feeling of frustrated helplessness, and simultaneously, a longing for security.

I think you should know that the very concept of security is an illusion.

There is no such thing on this earth.

Many seek things which don't even exist, and security has never existed, and never will. We never, ever have a future. The only thing we will ever have is that moment that just passed and those before.

Security doesn't exist. Too many variables. We're frail, we cannot engineer security, and nature is too powerful and unpredictable. It's all stacked against us, and to date, not one of us has or will get out of this life alive.

Not one person in the obituaries today knew three days ago that their name would be listed therein. It's that very uncertainty that gives life its texture, its flavor, its indelible worth.

Milady, I do wish you well, and if I may be so bold, do enjoy this moment. It's really all any of us will ever have.
edit on 13-12-2010 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Xcathdra

You should direct that at undo. She brought up race as the issue.

Do you people not know how to read, or do your eyes just skip the important parts?

Yes I know how to read, do you? The post I made was in response to your post about Race not being a factor, but economic wealth.

But hey you keep on being a condescending prig.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OP,
I apologize to you for my part in going so far off-topic that I must now refrain from posting irrelevant posts.

I'm going back to page one and try to stay on topic from there.

Anybody wanna join me? I'll be in the reading room sitting on the elephants lap feeding him peanuts, while he terminates my employment and hires someone who'll work for less than poultry seasoning, on a foreign soil.
Meanwhile the jack will be laughing his a** off while he's counting my retirement and stacking it in his safe on top of yours.

Apparently, I had to get that out of my system?!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Uh, ahem, sorry folks to break the news but the The Espionage Act has already been brought back and it's titled the Patriot Act.

Thanks, Bush.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

well the illusion of security keeps me from being paranoid. i don't like being paranoid. in fact, i deplore it. i must not fear. fear is the mind killer. it is the little death that brings total obliteration..." etc etc (paraphrased from the "litany against fear," dune)

but when i do get paranoid, there's a breaking point (and we all have it). this is the wind up to mine. i don't approve of the current state of our nation. i also dont approve of the more radical ideas that have been suggested to change it because to me, some of them sound like the cry of circling vultures, if ya know what i mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by undo

It bothers me that your worried about the stupid ass star system. I've got word from the mods that stars and flags mean nothing! And even with out that bit of info from the mods, Your not getting starts because you're spouting off a bunch of ill informed BS.

Stars, flags. GET RID OF EM. It's about the content of the written word, not about the effing stars.

Your true motivations for continuing to post have just been uncovered.

I will personally give you one star on each of your posts, just to prove to you they mean NOTHING.

For an individual who belittled me for being young, I see know wisdom in the content of you're words.

Apparently wisdom does not come with age.

oh man, i went back and re-read the thread to see if i had said something really stupid, only to find this post of yours. at first when i saw the stars on my posts, i was thinking... oh wow, someeone actually agrees with me. i was getting all happy, thinking i wasn't a total idiot for even bothering. and now, well, yeah.........it was you, in your infinite kindness, that did show your "appreciation" for my free speech.

what else can i say but "thanks, i'm touched."
edit on 13-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Between the sedition act and the Federal Reserve Act, Woodrow Wilson gets my vote for worst President ever.
Damn good thing his League of Nations crashed and burned.

Unfortunately the UN replaced the League of Nations, and we're suffering the same "global" controls that would have been shoved down our throats anyway. I see the UN as nothing more than a way around the Constitution through treaties. That's why TPTB will never leave the UN no matter what the people want.

As far as the Espionage Act, it was Woodrow Wilson's Patriot Act. Wilson was a coward who didn't believe in the protections provided in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I agree, he was the worst president ever, and I'm convinced that his presidency did more damage to this country than any other.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

do you think my desire to be secure in my home and in my belongings, to be cowardly? or do you think i should strap on some camies, pack up the tent and learn to live in one of the new tent cities? i just want some inkling of an idea of where you and others feel, the changes to government will lead, especially if they are referring to the cutting of retirement checks and welfare.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The federal reserve act was past on Wilson's watch
that was a major increment in the toppling of the US
I was just listening to Webster Tarpley on the radio
state that the Fed Is owned in part by the bank of England
which the Queen is a major stakeholder

give me control of the money...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
flagged, haven't flagged anything for a while.

drop the race card please, a race war would cause martial law .

i have never heard of this act. Is it still in effect? how is it different than the patriot act?(beside modern day tech and ect...)

how do both impede me to change the world around me?

edit: i browse this thread because it was long, sorry if the answers right in front of me.
the last question is the one i'm worried about.

edit on 13-12-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumdragon

okay, so we are going to ignore what a time bomb that is because if we talk about what a time bomb it is, we are racists, even though pretty much everyone knows it's a time bomb? some are hoping it's a time bomb, because a destabilized america, is a safer planet, or a destabilized america is an eye for an eye. or a destabilized america means it'll be easier for someone else to take over. hey doesn't china own most of our roads now or was that just a rumor?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i don't know about our roads, i hear they own alot of stuff in america.

yes i will admit, the race issue is ticking timebomb filled with feces.

are the last 2 post even on topic?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumdragon

not exactly but it did start on the first page of the thread as a result of a disagreement between W3RLIED2 and myself. i was noting that the OP was always saying we don't have any freedoms in the US and it's a fascist state. yet i noticed that no one is required to attend mosque or church or synagogue or cathedral or forest temple. he bases his belief that it's a fascist state because we have corporations (doesn't every nation?). we have BIG corporations (this is true, but don't other nations have big corporations?). and then i brought up alex jones. he's been saying we were gonna get stuffed into concentration camps since bill clinton. i'm not saying it absolutely won't happen, but to use a future event that hasn't occured yet, to drive political views, is a game called propaganda, and we all know what propaganda can do.

i decided i was tired of hearing how we have no freedoms, even while freely posting anti american rhetoric on a website that many other countries are not even allowed to view, much less post on.

that lit a fire under W3RLIED2 and the rest is history
edit on 13-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i decided i was tired of hearing how we have no freedoms, even while freely posting anti american rhetoric on a website that many other countries are not even allowed to view, much less post on.

this kind of rheroric would get us all killed in a few other countries.

i don't think America is fascist, but it sure is corrupt
edit on 13-12-2010 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join