It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Espionage Act: How the gov can engage in serious aggression against people of the united states

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Im still trying to figure out why he only got NJP for his training mishap, and was allowed to keep his top secret clearance. In addition to that, there are reports he was provided with encryption software that was able to mask the info, hiding it from securitysoftware, allowing him to email the info out at a later time.

I find the Governments reponse very unusual..

Even the info released seems to call into question actions by various groups oppsed to the US, and also seems to paint other countries in a worse light than the US.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Logarock

Even the info released seems to call into question actions by various groups oppsed to the US, and also seems to paint other countries in a worse light than the US.

shhh, we're currently ignoring that part. only the US does bad things. no other country has these problems. and even if they did, the US is trying to force its form of government on the rest of the planet. that's why we have a handful of democracies, a bunch of petty dictatorships, and a whole lot of communists, who actually survive off all the money they make here in the states.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I would agree. But, once again I would like to take the chance to reiterate that while Americans failed to keep our elected officials in check in the past, that time is over. If we sit on our hands and tell each other that it's already over because it's our fault..... Where does that leave the next generation of American youth? They will literally be picking up the pieces we leave behind for a century. That's assuming the USA still exists at all at that time.

You all have to get your minds out of the 'we've already failed' mentality. That's the mentality of fear, plain and simple. We have to break that sub standard mold for existence. The old cliche has never rung so true:

The government should fear the people, not vice-a-versa.

If it's our fault that America is where it is, than let us rectify our mistakes. If we all recognize that it's been in our hands from the beginning, wouldn't that mean that the power to make a positive change is also in our hands?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You must not have heard about the 3 week long on going student/tax protests going on in the streets of London and about 21 other cities through out the UK. It's not just the USA. The freedom of an entire generation is hanging on the knifes edge as we speak. Yet you continue to spew sarcasm and negativity, in a situation that is crying out for positivity.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

and just how do you propose doing that? i'm telling you a literal revolution will resolve into a huge race war. have you listened to any hip hop? they are being programmed, targetting almost exclusively, the black and hispanic population. every chance they get, politicians try to work that up into a frenzy, especially if it means votes.

i'm too ill to survive riots and race wars and if you don't mind, i'd like to live to a ripe old age.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
all i know is, if my people get hurt, i'm not going to be lamenting. no "to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet -- to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women".

lamentation my hind quarters.
i'll save that for later. where you won't see it, or hear it, or get any enjoyment from it. and you can
take THAT to the bank. no, i'll wait, patiently, pray for you and yours, and then kick into what i call, my obsessive-compulsive mode. god help us all.

just for the record, it's not a bad idea to recover our nation's original founding principles, but there were several new ideas put on the books, that were a very good idea. getting rid of those, would be horrific at best.
edit on 12-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Im not advocating we give up. I was answering the question as to who is to blame for the mess we are in. I fully support the people excersing their authority to make the changes needed to fix the mess. Voting, holding people accoutnible for spending, etc, etc.

While I dont support the violent overthrow of the Government, I think changes need to be made. I think the American people should not settle for aything less than capitulation by our elected officals.

We cant get it together to fix a massive problem, yet they can pass resolutions all the time supporting local sports teams etc. I think it was either Ron or Rand Paul who suggested that Congress should go back to being a part time entity. I agree with that, as the founding fathers never intended for a permanent ruling class. They envisioned a Government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Bitching over immigration, and suing states who are trying to protect their borders because the Federal Government wont. If thats not a sign things need to change I dont know what is.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

just for the record, it's not a bad idea to recover our nation's original founding principles, but there were several new ideas put on the books, that were a very good idea. getting rid of those, would be horrific at best.
edit on 12-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

I suppose you make a good point. But it's time IMO for Uncle Sam to start pulling his own weight around and start earning a living instead of leaching-off of the backs of us, the back-bone of our nation.

He should get demoted down to the state level, and get cycled out so someone else equally if not more capable of doing the same task.

Do away with TRADE. It's the biggest failure of mankind. There are more casualties of trade than all the wars combined, and then what will be left to war-monger over?
edit on (12/12/1010 by loveguy because: In an ideal world- I know.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

you realize how many people have government retirements, who would lose their only source of income? like vets, for example? can you imagine have a nation full of angry vets and disabled vets? who worked the better part of their healthy lives, getting shot at, inoculated with who the hell knows what, treated like they had no rights, were told what to eat, how to dress, how to act, how high to jump, how low to crawl, and put up with all of that so they collect a retirement! you take their money, you have your work cut out for ya.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Race war???? What tree are you barkin up sister? THIS HAS NOTHING REMOTELY TO DO WITH RACE!

It has to do with the people of the USA reclaiming our God given right to manage our own lives. We don't need to live in this FEAR induced nanny state. The problems that plague our nation plague every one, black, white, yellow, green, tie-dye. Every human on this planet has the RIGHT to stand up for themselves. It's about breaking the chains and becoming RESPONSIBLE AMERICANS, and responsible citizens of the world. It's not about revolution for the sake of revolution. IT'S REVOLUTION FOR EVOLUTION.

If the next generation of youth and the one following that are going to have any chance at a free, educated, fulfilling life we have to take this stand. It's time for us to act the way free men and women should. It's time to lay claim to our own destiny instead of waiting for the government to hand one to us.

edit on 12-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: cross thread action, removed. mispost

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

it doesn't matter if you don't think it has anything to do with race. you need to either open your eyes ALL THE WAY, and remove that filter you're using, or quit being dishonest, because frankly, that's the end result of taking people's money. i'm sorry, but it just is!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That is utterly IGNORANT!

If you can't see past the color of a persons skin, I think I'm done talking with you. I draw the line on racism. Sorry.

That is so not the reason we're in this situation. People like you are making this worse.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

did the riots happen in detroit? yes they did. now, explain to me, how pointing this out is racism? you're grasping at straws now because you know it's true. it's true that if you take people's welfare, government paychecks, government retirements, ON TOP OF all their jobs, there will be race wars. they will blame each other.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No. The only one grasping at straws is you. This is not a problem of race. It's a problem of an OVERSIZED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

You are grasping at straws when you play the race card. Thats always the fall back for people who have no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

well is there welfare or gov retirement plans in your idea? if not, yep, riots and race wars. don't worry, i'll start praying for you now, so i don't have to later.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'd rather you didn't.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

about the only people earning an income approaching a living wage (other than a few in banks, medicine and the entertainment industry) now are on the government dole. take their money, all hell will break loose.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
also take note that what i'm saying is just telling you the truth and yet, you're the only one getting starred. this is not because what i'm saying isn't true or worthy of your attention, it's because what i'm saying isn't popular. popular doesn't automatically mean correct. and that's what i was trying to explain to you earlier about mob rule. the mob isn't always right. it's just got more supporters.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

about the only people earning an income approaching a living wage (other than a few in banks, medicine and the entertainment industry) now are on the government dole. take their money, all hell will break loose.

Duh.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It bothers me that your worried about the stupid ass star system. I've got word from the mods that stars and flags mean nothing! And even with out that bit of info from the mods, Your not getting starts because you're spouting off a bunch of ill informed BS.

Stars, flags. GET RID OF EM. It's about the content of the written word, not about the effing stars.

Your true motivations for continuing to post have just been uncovered.

I will personally give you one star on each of your posts, just to prove to you they mean NOTHING.

For an individual who belittled me for being young, I see know wisdom in the content of you're words.

Apparently wisdom does not come with age.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join