It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified Papers Show U.S. Recruited Ex-Nazis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
You might also want to look up the fact that Prescott Bush, Rockefellars and Standard Oil funded the NAZI's into power. That is history now and grandpappy Bush was sanctioned for trading with the enemy.. Union Bank shut down... don't have time to linky... it's easy to find

Thank goodness someone else knows about this. Here's a linky:

Source

Additionally:

The discovery of the Bush-Nazi documents raises new questions about the role of Prescott Bush and his influential business partners in the secret emigration of Nazi war criminals, which allowed them to escape justice in Germany, says Bob Fertik, co-founder of Democrats.com and an amateur 'Nazi hunter.' It also raises questions about the importance of Nazi recruits to the CIA in its early years, in what was called Operation Paperclip, and Prescott Bush's role in that dark operation.

Fertik and others, including former Justice Department Nazi war crimes prosecutor John Loftus, a Constitutional attorney in Miami, and a former Veterans Administration official, believe Prescott Bush and the Harrimans should have been tried for treason.

Source

I believe if you could dig deep enough you will find "Ole Pres", and his imported Nazi's, right in the middle of the creation and initial staffing of the C.I.A. A few years later he was elected Senator from the state of Connecticut joining that other sweetheart from Connecticut, Senator Christopher "Mannlicher-Carcano" Dodd.

Read up on Brown Brothers, Harriman. They have been involved in the dirtiest deeds of this nation to include Bay of Pigs and the revenge taken on that sunny November afternoon in Dallas, almost 50 years ago.

Additional Reading: "Family of Secrets" by Russ Baker.

Good one Zorgan.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Oldnslo because: To add "Family of Secrets".

edit on 12-12-2010 by Oldnslo because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Attention

You will maintain civility.

Such is mandatory and agreed to the second you hit submit on your membership form.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Nobody is glorifying Nazis. You asked what they brought to the table.

We answered your question.

So they brought a bunch of Jew-killing secret police and mass manipulators. And you feel smug telling me as much?

I asked what the Gestapo "brought to the table," and 'Jerico' says they were good at fighting the Soviets. No, I don't think so. The German army was fighting the Soviets, and by the time the Soviets got to Germany where Germany's police could have fought them, it wasn't much of a fight anymore anyway. The Soviets were whipping German ass by that point.

It's interesting to see how many people are coming out to defend the Gestapo and other Nazis just because our leaders secretly took them in and employed them...

It was no secret that America brought Nazi party members out of Germany, just as it was no secret that the Soviets did the same.

Do not confuse a Nazi party member with the Gestapo; most were just citizens trying to save themselves and their families. What these former Nazi party members brought was an expertise that gave us a leg up on the Soviets and Stalin.

The Saturn Five was a direct descendant of the V2.

To demonize everyone who joined the Nazi party is a disservice to the truth. Again, I point out that one of the most famous "Nazis" was Oskar Schindler, who single handedly saved more than 1200 people from the death camps.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Attention

You will maintain civility.

Such is mandatory and agreed to the second you hit submit on your membership form.

I whole heartedly agree. There is NO need for personal insults - it just gets in the way of the debate. He who starts name-calling has already lost their credibility in an intelligent discourse.

I like to think that we can disagree and then all go out and have a beer together afterwards.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The fact that you're even here defending our government taking in Nazis at all, and Gestapo on top of that, sends a perfectly clear message. The Gestapo were not professional Soviet-killers. They were German police who killed Germans and Jews and homosexuals and anyone else that Hitler and his cronies took a disliking to, along with the SS. Did you ever study the Holocaust at all, or are you going to defend what Germany did there too? The Soviets tore Germany up when they got there, not surprisingly because the Gestapo was a police force and not a military organization and the German army had been retreating in rags ever since Stalingrad and Kursk.
edit on 12/12/10 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention in quote

Once again, I want you to go back and pinpoint where I'm defending this. Go ahead, I'll just wait here.

Your lack of knowledge of this subject is showing. Gestapo wasn't just hunting Jews, homosexuals, etc. (that was the SD, I believe, a "sister" organization) It dealt with treason, spying, sabotage, and criminal attacks.

They weren't "professional Soviet killers", but they weren't just some dumb cops, either. It had offices dealing with occupied territories and counterintelligence.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
Nasa wouldn't have existed without Von Braun.

He was a mover and a shaker, but we still would have had NASA without him.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Actually you asked what the Gestapo as well as the SS brought to the table. And any smugness you perceive in my post has been interjected by your own mind. I am merely trying to tell you what they had developed, and in turn what the USA inherited. Which was the answer to your question.

I also said that it's unfortunate, that this is the truth. I am no sympathizer to genocide so please don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Get over it people!

Von Braun and his band of merrymen were the Spoils of war.

Enough said.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
[mo
WOW, just posted a thread on the ex-nazi involvement in Nasa, among other things, and how guys like Von Braun led Nasa's secret space program, have a look!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Once again, I want you to go back and pinpoint where I'm defending this.

You're trying to justify the US bringing these sick people over here and giving them jobs and protecting them, are you not?

Your lack of knowledge of this subject is showing. Gestapo wasn't just hunting Jews, homosexuals, etc. (that was the SD, I believe, a "sister" organization) It dealt with treason, spying, sabotage, and criminal attacks.

Read:

During World War II, the Einsatzgruppen (Task Force) was formed, and came to be an integral part of the Gestapo. It was the Task Force's job to round up all the Jews and other “undesirables” living within Germany's newly conquered territories, and to either send them to concentration camps or put them to death.

The army units within the Gestapo were taught many torture techniques, and were also taught many of the practices that German doctors in Dachau tested on the inmates of concentration camps. The Gestapo, during its tenure, operated without any restrictions by civil authority, meaning that its members could not be tried for any of their police practices. This unconditional authority added an elitist element to the Gestapo; its members knew that whatever actions they took, no consequences would arise.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

They weren't "professional Soviet killers", but they weren't just some dumb cops, either. It had offices dealing with occupied territories and counterintelligence.

And what they were doing in occupied territories was useful for Americans too, huh?

Yep, now that you mention it, that's exactly what America needs. Thanks again for taking the high road, Jerry.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Get over it people!

Von Braun and his band of merrymen were the Spoils of war.

Enough said.

Who's complaining about the rocket scientists?

That's old news.

The OP is talking about Gestapo and SS officers.

How naive do you have to be to automatically assume your leaders were looking out for your best interests when they brought over Gestapo, SS, and propagandists after the war? Is the concept of "vigilance" lost on you?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
It was no secret that America brought Nazi party members out of Germany, just as it was no secret that the Soviets did the same.

Do not confuse a Nazi party member with the Gestapo; most were just citizens trying to save themselves and their families.

You didn't read the OP:

After World War II, American counterintelligence recruited former Gestapo officers, SS veterans and Nazi collaborators to an even greater extent than had been previously disclosed and helped many of them avoid prosecution or looked the other way when they escaped, according to thousands of newly declassified documents.

And yeah, yeah, most of these Gestapo officers who routinely shot innocent people in the head were just trying to put food on the table for their families. Uh huh. You could argue the same for any kind of murderer or armed robber, and armed robbers don't even have to actually kill anyone. How would people react if the government went around employing murderers and professional robbers just because they were effective at their "jobs"? Yet when it's a Nazi Gestapo officer it's somehow different? Yeah, only because the Gestapo were monsters of a whole new level.

This isn't directed at you, mydarkpassenger, but I don't think some of the other members here would actually mind living in 1930s Nazi Germany. The way they speak of these people, you'd think they actually have admiration for this kind of "work."

Just one more nail in the coffin that today's Amerika has become the 4th Reich. Now all we have to do is wait for FEMA to come around and give these Nazi-sympathizers jobs rounding up Americans when the time comes.
edit on 12-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

HELLO!

Von Braun was an SS Officer.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me. All the rumors you hear about ex-Nazi soldiers in various countries, including and especially the U.S., it seemed logical to conclude that some of them were let escape. They couldn't all be that good.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

So what?

So were hundreds of people who killed innocents without thinking twice.

We also know they brought over Nazi propagandists. That's a little harder to justify already, isn't it? Did they need them so they could lie to us better?

And now we learn that they brought over Gestapo, too, among others.

They weren't all brilliant rocket scientists. That excuse only goes so far and when it falls short, it falls hard, because these people are organized mass murderers and were only good at manipulating people and then killing them anyway. Only in this new era of American soldiers raping pre-pubescent Iraqi girls and killing whole civilian families are people coming out of the woodwork like this, with this "thank God we secretly saved the Nazis" attitude.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This isn't directed at you, mydarkpassenger, but I don't think some of the other members here would actually mind living in 1930s Nazi Germany. The way they speak of these people, you'd think they actually have admiration for this kind of "work."

My father was in the German army... one day standing around the mess tent, he made a joke about Hitler... kinda like we do with our presidents. Well an officer over heard the joke. The next day he was sent to the Russian front. A guy in the fox hole with him saw a sniper flash and pushed my dad down, taking the bullet in his hand.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Shall I dig up the records on the atrocities committed by Allied soldiers in Vietnam? How about some youtube stuff on what some are doing in Iraq? Not condoning any of it but war is hell... and there are many on both sides who should be branded criminals, but the winner writes the history books

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Of course, wouldn't you recruit the best the enemy has to offer? When it's clear that the battle is over, it's up to the victor to pick up the pieces both at home, and from the former enemy.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

To demonize everyone who joined the Nazi party is a disservice to the truth. Again, I point out that one of the most famous "Nazis" was Oskar Schindler, who single handedly saved more than 1200 people from the death camps.

Yep, I've seen 'Schindler's List' too...and nowadays I ride Schindler's Lifts.
Something about both of them having mass trasport of people.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You said it yourself: war is hell. I hope I'm not supposed to have pity that when someone in your family got into a war, they got shot at...

What makes it that much worse is when people who didn't volunteer for any war, start getting shot at.

I know Americans commit atrocities too, on civilians. I just referenced that in my last post, from our two most recent wars. There are already stories of our soldiers doing horrible things in Iraq and Afghanistan just like the Gestapo and SS did. But we weren't known for that during or after WW2. Something about our attitudes, and if I can dare to utter the word, our "wholesomeness" has changed, and rewarding Nazi officers by bringing them back home and giving them new jobs after the war didn't do anything to help that in my opinion, whether it helped us go to the damned moon or not. And there is NO excuse for bringing back the same propagandists who successfully manipulated millions of Germans into worshiping Adolf Hitler as if he was the 2nd coming of Jesus.

The SS generally liked to surrender to Americans before they would surrender to Russians, because the Russians and Germans would shoot each others' prisoners and even civilians in the head, rather than bother to keep up with them. Americans used to have more compassion, and didn't want to go to any war in the first place unless it was absolutely necessary. A lot of things have changed.
edit on 12-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
what's the next wikileaks, new fangled device called the wheel could revolutionalize warfare and transport, according to moses.

it's also why such famous nazi hunters like simon wiesensthal and the mossad are hyprocrites, they went around the world assassinating germans accused of war crimes, even though they might have deserved it, but didn't do anything to any of the nazis in america.
edit on 12-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join