Mblah's breakfast casserole
I whipped this together the other morning. I was craving an omelette and decided to make this instead.
5 large eggs
1 1/2 cup of milk
1/4 tsp dry mustard
2 cups croutons (can use stuffing or you can cut up bread slices)
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
3/4 lb of sausage cooked and crumbled (I used Jimmy Dean sausage but it doesn't matter)
1 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese.
S&P amount is your own personal choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. cook the sausage and put aside.
2. In a medium bowl mix the eggs, milk and mustard.
3. Then add the croutons and let soak in the mixture for 10mins.
4. Next add the sausage, pepper, tomato, cheese and S&P and mix well
5. Pour into 9x9 greased pan or you can use a pie plate, that works as well.
6. Bake at 350F for 45mins. and then let cool about 5mins before eating.
Goes really well with salsa and sour cream