It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Patriots Are Christians

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I take it that you haven't heard of mitochondrial
DNA testing?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Don't know what you're referring to. I was facepalming at that guy's exuse for an argument, suggesting that Atheism is worse than right-wing Islamic/Christian fachism that has caused pain and suffering for so many centuries.

Suggesting that Atheists are Zionist opressors with a evil plan to remove Sovereignty and form a one world totalitarian goverment. I actually laughed out of amazement when i read it.

edit on 15/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Are you saying that EVERYONE who makes the claim of being a blackfoot has had DNA testing? Otherwise what is your point?

Just because people "claim" some heritage certainly doesn't mean they went out and had a DNA test.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Yeah, that's hilarious!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

i agree with this statement. i also agree that a true christian would be a true patriot, because separation of church and state is essential.

in order to understand my point you also have to understand my stance on "christianity". what most people now a days call christianity, well is not christianity. the fact of the matter is simply this, most, and trust when i say most i mean a vastly huge majority, of churches that claim "christianity" are not what they claim to be. the only true churches of this world keep the sabbath. it is a sign of a commandment keeping church, and any non commandment keeping church has no light in them.

any church that follows the commandment will tell you the truth. the church has been corrupt and infiltrated since, well it's very inception in 538 AD when the pope first reached his supreme power.
the roman catholic church is in fact the essence of evil. it has put itself on earth in place of God calling itself the vicar of christ. which in turn translates to the placeholder of christ, which you can literally translate into the anti-christ because "anti" can literally translate to someone who is against or SOMEONE WHO TAKES PLACE OF.

now with all that being said. the basis of being a patriot is being compassionate for your fellow citizens, and fight the powers and principalities, for the greater good. this is in fact the very basis of christianity. now, again realize i mean TRUE christianity not this over marketed whore proclaiming to be christianity, so that it can persecute the innocent.

so i think if you are a TRUE patriot, you will in fact be a TRUE christian solely based on the fact that they are based on the same premises. life liberty and justice for ALL

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

=) Glad i could provide you with some entertainment.

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am also a gun owner,conservative and partially white.I am
also part cherokee and blackfeet.

Why do so many white people say they are part blackfoot?? That tribe really got around, my mom used to say the same crap, that we were part blackfoot, and I've heard it from SO many other white people, that I have to call BS.

Im Piegan Blackfeet.. and its blackFEET. There are Piegans SIksika and Bloods.. bloods call themselves Kainai now. Most of my family are still on the rez in Montana... though some of the older ones are still on the Canadian side. There is NO way possible I could be mistaken for white.. Ive been mistaken for an Eastern Indian and a Mexican before though. We dont marry outside of the tribe much as other tribes do and have. We werent deemed "civilized" by the feds .. heh. There arent a lot of "white blackfeet" out there.... like everyone's grandma is a Cherokee princess.

Im just about sick of NDN wanna bes..Most have NO idea what they are talking about and pass of BS info all over the web. Its offensive. We're one of the few prosperous tribes with an intact history that hasnt been compromised by anglos. Keep with your own history. Go get a DNA genealogical test.. whatever.. just stop this stupid blonde indian garbage. I married a white guy after college.. I have kind of white looking kids. They definitely dont tun around pretending to be an INDIAN.. they are proud of both sides of their heritage and dont seem weak enough to have to claim one over the other to feel "special" or manufacture an identity.

Now back to christians having the corner of the market on being a patriot.

Not in my experience. Ive met and been close to many non Christians that understand the concepts of freedom and what our founding fathers were trying to get across more than the Christians sometimes. Christianity has taken a strange turn over the last few decades and some of the modern beliefs are in opposition to the concept of Patriotism or being a patriot. I always keep in mind that Christians as well as non christians have fought and died for this country and our original ideals.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

No,I am not saying that everyone claiming to be part
native american has had DNA testing.
Another member has asked for my proof and I am going
to have the DNA testing done.I want to know for myself
how much of my genetic make-up is native american.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Mine is 1/24th Lenapi. I

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by amc621

No,I am not saying that everyone claiming to be part
native american has had DNA testing.
Another member has asked for my proof and I am going
to have the DNA testing done.I want to know for myself
how much of my genetic make-up is native american.

It wont tell you what tribe
DO some work and see if your family members are on the rolls.. if not... you arent .

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Very nice, LMAO. I think someone who is supposed to be from the Blackfoot tribe and says "blackfeet" is full of BS.

I'm from the Lenai Lenape tribe out of the northeast.

Well in defense of some.. there have been serious intertribal fights over the feds renaming us BLACKFEET. The real name is SIksika. The govt renamed us and depending on who you speak to we are divided into 2 or 3 sections. Its a big stupid mess due to the feds meddling in indian affairs.
Because I feel I am am American foremost I choose to identify with the government name change of Blackfeet.. or Blackfeet Nation.

If you ever want to piss a member off.. mention the canadian border placed in order to divide our people..

edit on 15-12-2010 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Blackfeet are supposed to get dual citizenship. I know that some north east tribes get it, you just have to fill out a form and show proof of your tribe.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Blackfeet are supposed to get dual citizenship. I know that some north east tribes get it, you just have to fill out a form and show proof of your tribe.

There have been "issues".. too many to go into on this thread.. kind of a hijack. I just couldnt pass it up. Very rarely do I see people claiming to be blackfootses.. as if it gives them more claim to something.
Im 1-1.,5 generations off the rez.. Im an American and I have enjoyed her freedoms and understand her original goals. True patriots disagree with this path we have been on.. which has been much more visible since Reagan.I feel it started after the civil war mainly and its been a federal power grab ever since. With things snowballing here within my lifetime ( im not young.. sadly) its time for Americans to figure out exactly what patriotism is.. and the fact thatis it not dictated by your religious beliefs. It is a concept that encompasses all religions. . or lack of. Ive actually read the posts of so called patriots that sid they would NOT fight along side of a non christian and have seen them claim that certain segments of our population deserve subjugation. Not too much of a patriot mind set to me.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

After a lengthy phone call,my great-great grandmother
was blackfeet and her maiden name is on the list

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I personally am a Christian and consider my self a patriot.

That being said, the majority of Christians are blind to what is going on in this world, or they take one or two passages in the bible as a way to just sit back and let our government take all there rights.

A patriot is made up of all races, religions, and genders.

Not every person who has fought for freedom in any Revolution were "Christians".

Well, yes, there you have it from a Christian. Anyone ever been to a Militia meeting? Plenty of Christians there.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hell. I don't think I'd even attempt to argue that true Christians are patriots, because that's probably not true either.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

After a lengthy phone call,my great-great grandmother
was blackfeet and her maiden name is on the list

Cool. Now you have to get REAL documentation and approach the tribal elders. I dont know if they have any other method these days... I do remember discussions about people using false info or not real documentation to be included in the nation. Its not a club. A maiden name is certainly NOT enough. Names given by the whites or used for business are definitely NOT enough. Common names can be found across every tribe.. you need to have a lot more proof and really research how things went when the feds began meddling, renaming, and etc. One name common to the tribe which Im not mentioning because the weird wanna be issue.. its a german name. It was used by a family to conduct business but was never a tribal name. It was wrongly included on the rolls by the feds.. funny stuff!

However, it doesnt mean a hill of beans in reality. WHat are you wanting to bring to the nation? Inclusion into a culture you are alien to or what? Why is it important to you to be a part of it because you share a drop of blood? Have you ever been active in affairs or is it simply looking for a heritage?

Im not being a jerk... these are valid questions.. and if you think this is harsh, wait until an elder corners you or the people wonder what you are all about.
I can tell you that my way of thinking is NOT the majority. You will forever be an outsider and never accepted. You and your family IF a true SIksika family never contributed to the people and they wont welcome you with open arms. Some people think with a drop of blood they can prove they can move on rez and live free of the govt. Some just want to run away or be "special". Trust me, theyve seen it all over the years and they are tired of it. People have a funny idea about these things. Im on the rolls with a good family and Im seen as someone to be watched due to my choice of living the way I do and being an American rather than a native American. I wasnt born on rez so I didnt choose to use the benefits the tribe offers as far as education and etc You wouldnt believe the whites who have tried to use the nation for gain and contribute nothing. There are social and political issues that you have no concept of I dont think.

In any case, its nice that you are interested in your heritage. There is no shame in being simply an American though. No one needs the prefix BS to be a patriot or to belong. African-american, german-american.. all of that BS.. I do not understand the need to be set apart from the country one is a part of to feel special or have an identity.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I just want to know for personal reasons,
nothing more.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I just want to know for personal reasons,
nothing more.

Youre about to really cause yourself some headaches and a lot of brick walls if all you have to go by is a maiden name and a claim of Blackfeet. I dont mind whenI have the time really.. if you need a pointer or something.. u2u me and I can give you my email. I learned a few tricks doing my husbands genealogy.

OK.. OP Im sorry for hijacking.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Highjacking what?I think that I have
derailed this thread by mentioning my
native heritage.
Besides,I was the inspiration for this
thread anyhow!
We do need to get back on topic before
a mod catches us...

Anyone born into the U.S. is a potential