It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

True Patriots Are Christians

page: 11
26
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist and didn't feed into the lies of religion. If I owned my own country - organized religion would be banned. It would be okay/legal to practice any religion at home but the second that law, money, or someone gets hurt from it; thats when I would prosecute them.

Personal opinion; but thats me. I've never been into murder, molestation, or hocus pocus.
edit on 13-12-2010 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Whats the point of being a patriot anyways? I mean i love my country and where i live and wouldn't trade it for the world, but if they asked me for fight for them i'd laugh...

Why fight for a governments ideals and agendas, they don't benefit their people.

Why fight for a system that won't fight for you?



The point of being a true patriot, is to keep your government in check.

Why don't you fight for the restoration of your civil rights, to what they should be.

Fight to make the system responsible to the people.

If you become apathetic, you lose.

And to answer the OP, True Patriots come in all religions, all colors, and may even be atheists.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36
 



Not all evangelists are theologically ignorant,


No they are not ignorant, in fact, I used to clean their homes, they have vast libraries, and study many religions and philosophies, the most educated among them are very knowledgeable, and the scholars at the Vatican are unprecedented.
They know things we couldn't imagine.

I was surprised and what I found in their libraries.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar
 


Why would you not consider someone a patriot unless they were atheist? Can you elaborate more? Because stating that notion would be same as saying I believe because I am happy that only Christians are truly happy, and vice versa.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar
 





I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist


IMHO people need a passionate cause to actually die for it,

and the godless country thingy has been done.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Originally posted by mamabeth

I disagree with you ,I think that true patriots
would be basically christians.


[color=gold]That quote from Mamabeth is THE MOST ASININE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

WOW, just how DEEP does your DELUSIONS go Mambeth??!!!

Get off the high horse, if anything, the "fundie" types such as yourself of the Christian cult are uneducated and lazy folks who do not want the truth but only want their "free ticket" to "heaven. Get off your REAR and study the ORIGINS of your FAITH. Read how you have been CONNED BADLY!!!

And you have the NERVE to come on here and make such a statement when you are yourself the victim of tremendous DELUSION. And that those of us NOT under this TWISTED DELUSION are not of the patriotic bunch??

WOW, SIMPLY WOW!!!

NOW do you see why many people are SICKENED by folks of that faith???!! THIS IS WHY!!

[color=gold]Very DISTURBING Mamabeth, VERY DISTURBING!!!
edit on 13-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist and didn't feed into the lies of religion. If I owned my own country - organized religion would be banned. It would be okay/legal to practice any religion at home but the second that law, money, or someone gets hurt from it; thats when I would prosecute them.

Personal opinion; but thats me. I've never been into murder, molestation, or hocus pocus.
edit on 13-12-2010 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)
That would make you a tyrant. Theres nothing wrong with congregations. Murder, molestation, and hocus pocus are actually forbidden in Christianity. When a Gym teacher can molest a child and he is a pedophile, no one says P.E. should be banned. But when a Priest does it, it isn't just his fault, it's the whole church, nay all of Christendom.
edit on 13-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by The_Zomar
 





I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist


IMHO people need a passionate cause to actually die for it,

and the godless country thingy has been done.

Yeah and Robespierre, Stalin, and Mao were great leaders.

edit on 13-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist and didn't feed into the lies of religion. If I owned my own country - organized religion would be banned. It would be okay/legal to practice any religion at home but the second that law, money, or someone gets hurt from it; thats when I would prosecute them.

Personal opinion; but thats me. I've never been into murder, molestation, or hocus pocus.
edit on 13-12-2010 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)
That would make you a tyrant. Theres nothing wrong with congregations. Murder, molestation, and hocus pocus are actually forbidden in Christianity. When a Gym teacher can molest a child and he is a pedophile, no one says P.E. should be banned. But when a Priest does it, it isn't just his fault, it's the whole church, nay all of Christendom.
edit on 13-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)


Well, but schools haven't been shown to cover up those cases as has the church



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by The_Zomar
 





I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist


IMHO people need a passionate cause to actually die for it,

and the godless country thingy has been done.

Yeah and Robespierre, Stalin, and Mao were great leaders.

edit on 13-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)


exactly



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by kallisti36

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I would never consider someone a true patriot unless they were atheist and didn't feed into the lies of religion. If I owned my own country - organized religion would be banned. It would be okay/legal to practice any religion at home but the second that law, money, or someone gets hurt from it; thats when I would prosecute them.

Personal opinion; but thats me. I've never been into murder, molestation, or hocus pocus.
edit on 13-12-2010 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)
That would make you a tyrant. Theres nothing wrong with congregations. Murder, molestation, and hocus pocus are actually forbidden in Christianity. When a Gym teacher can molest a child and he is a pedophile, no one says P.E. should be banned. But when a Priest does it, it isn't just his fault, it's the whole church, nay all of Christendom.
edit on 13-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

Well, but schools haven't been shown to cover up those cases as has the church
The Roman Catholic Church has covered them up. The rest of Christendom has done just as much if not more than the atheists to expose this. Don't drag Christians into your indictment.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts
 





Get off the high horse, if anything, the "fundie" types such as yourself of the Christian cult are uneducated and lazy folks who do not want the truth but only want their "free ticket" to "heaven.


I was a devout Christian raised in a family of priest and preachers, they are not lazy or uneducated.

I have spent the last twenty-five years of my life researching and looking for answers.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by masqua
 


Most certainly. Patriotism means to have a love for your country. In all countries around the world I'm sure there are patriots. It has nothing to do with religion what so ever.

Every person in the world has the ability to be or not be a patriot. To say otherwise just doesn't make any sense. And to label one group of people as more patriotic than another based on their religion is just flat out ignorant.


YES, well said W3RLIED2!!

I cannot believe some of the nonsense that folks under their religious BRAINWASHING actually believe!!!

Thanks W3RLIED2 for your well put reply to that NONSENSE, SUPREME IDIOTIC GARBAGE quote by Mamabeth.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by pplrnuts
 





Get off the high horse, if anything, the "fundie" types such as yourself of the Christian cult are uneducated and lazy folks who do not want the truth but only want their "free ticket" to "heaven.


I was a devout Christian raised in a family of priest and preachers, they are not lazy or uneducated.

I have spent the last twenty-five years of my life researching and looking for answers.



Ok, study Horus, Mithras, Krishna, and the MANY other "God-men".

Study astrology and the origins of the Holy Bible" which itself means SUN BOOK.

The Bibles origins are the personification of astrology. The "characters" are the personification of the astrology drama. All of the predating "man/sun-gods" leave NOTHING new or unique with the "Jesus" character.

PLUS, study Hebrew and look up the bibles Hebrew words used and translate it for yourself in the original tongue. You will discover one HECK of a different story than the one the Christians believe today to be true.

It takes WORK to discover. You cannot go to church one day a week and sing songs and pray. If people REALLY want the truth, it is NOT at the end-time and Christian websites, and its NOT from the Pastors or Preachers.

I used to be a very devout Christian myself and wanted to study everything I could so that I could defend the faith from ANYBODY or anything that was against it. I learned that it was a LIE 100%.

And it still makes me ANGRY to see people CONNED by that hateful intolerant garbage!!



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by pplrnuts
 





Get off the high horse, if anything, the "fundie" types such as yourself of the Christian cult are uneducated and lazy folks who do not want the truth but only want their "free ticket" to "heaven.


I was a devout Christian raised in a family of priest and preachers, they are not lazy or uneducated.

I have spent the last twenty-five years of my life researching and looking for answers.



Ok, study Horus, Mithras, Krishna, and the MANY other "God-men".

Study astrology and the origins of the Holy Bible" which itself means SUN BOOK.

The Bibles origins are the personification of astrology. The "characters" are the personification of the astrology drama. All of the predating "man/sun-gods" leave NOTHING new or unique with the "Jesus" character.

PLUS, study Hebrew and look up the bibles Hebrew words used and translate it for yourself in the original tongue. You will discover one HECK of a different story than the one the Christians believe today to be true.

It takes WORK to discover. You cannot go to church one day a week and sing songs and pray. If people REALLY want the truth, it is NOT at the end-time and Christian websites, and its NOT from the Pastors or Preachers.

I used to be a very devout Christian myself and wanted to study everything I could so that I could defend the faith from ANYBODY or anything that was against it. I learned that it was a LIE 100%.

And it still makes me ANGRY to see people CONNED by that hateful intolerant garbage!!
Have you read any of the apologetics who address these claims of yours? This is a minority view in among theological scholars, because it is stupid and ignorant. Just because there are insignificant parallels between religions does not mean that Christianity plagarized anyone. Most religions have a flood story. Does this mean that the Jews plagarized other religions or could it mean that this event may have actually happened? The Hindus, Christians, and Babylonians believe in a trinity. Are these trinities identical? No. The Hindu trinity has aspects that are diametrically opposed to eachother and the Babylonian trinity is Father, Son, and Mother (alot like Catholicism actually; Mystery Babylon). Also the trinity doctrine is contested among denominations.

There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING in Christianity that promotes hate. Believe your flawed Mythraic-Jesus view but don't go spreading ignorance.
edit on 13-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts
 


Yes, I have studied all you have posted, I wanted to research the roots of religion after becoming disappointed in what was being taught in the churches,

Here is the odd thing, even though many pastors know all the things you have studied they still believe, or at least they still teach, not offering full knowledge.

This doesn't mean you throw the Bible out, because the shepherds are misleading the flocks,

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

"Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord." Jeremiah 23:1

"...the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously..." Deuteronomy 18:20-22

"Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets." Luke 6:26

"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth,

Now having come full circle, I see more clearly, it is a painful thing to watch.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36
 





Have you read any of the apologetics who address these claims of yours.


I was thinking the same thing



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36
 


So only the Catholic church is trying to keep those case "private", huh?




Several years ago, the Baptist General Convention of Texas, which represents moderates who have increasingly distanced themselves from the conservative-led Southern Baptists, started a list of accused clergy for churches, but not the public. Under pressure from victim advocates, the Texas group just released the names of some convicted sex offenders who may have been ministers in local congregations.


So yeah, you're wrong

Source



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by kallisti36
 


So only the Catholic church is trying to keep those case "private", huh?




Several years ago, the Baptist General Convention of Texas, which represents moderates who have increasingly distanced themselves from the conservative-led Southern Baptists, started a list of accused clergy for churches, but not the public. Under pressure from victim advocates, the Texas group just released the names of some convicted sex offenders who may have been ministers in local congregations.


So yeah, you're wrong

Source
"Sex offender" is a broad term. Technically an 18 year old who has sex with a 17 year old is a sex offender. Needless to say, even if they are pedophiles, they don't represent Christianity as a whole. That's an awful blanket statement. I don't like the RCC but I would never say that your typical priest is a pedophile.



posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Originally posted by mamabeth

I disagree with you ,I think that true patriots
would be basically christians.


[color=gold]That quote from Mamabeth is THE MOST ASININE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

WOW, just how DEEP does your DELUSIONS go Mambeth??!!!

Get off the high horse, if anything, the "fundie" types such as yourself of the Christian cult are uneducated and lazy folks who do not want the truth but only want their "free ticket" to "heaven. Get off your REAR and study the ORIGINS of your FAITH. Read how you have been CONNED BADLY!!!

And you have the NERVE to come on here and make such a statement when you are yourself the victim of tremendous DELUSION. And that those of us NOT under this TWISTED DELUSION are not of the patriotic bunch??

WOW, SIMPLY WOW!!!

NOW do you see why many people are SICKENED by folks of that faith???!! THIS IS WHY!!

[color=gold]Very DISTURBING Mamabeth, VERY DISTURBING!!!
edit on 13-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)
That is really overboard. We tend to discuss the topic, in what a member says, vs. such venom towards the person themselves.




top topics



 
26
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join