It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHIA House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
LINK

Dai Haifei, a 24-year-old architect in Beijing, China, found an ingenious solution to live rent-free. He built himself a mobile egg-shaped house that is powered by the sun.
The 6-foot-high structure, which is small enough to fit on a sidewalk, is made of bamboo strips, wood chippings, sack bags, and grass seed that’s expected to grow in the spring.

ANOTHER LINK

Acting on an impulse familiar to many people these days, Dai Haifei, a 24-year-old architect in Beijing, said to hell with high rents, and built himself a house. The six-foot-tall, solar-powered, egg-shaped abode is made of bamboo, wood and grass seed, and fits easily on a sidewalk

Isn't this house just adorable!

I put it here in survival in case anyone wanted to try this concept out in your yard or on your survival land. The grass seed will grow in the spring, and it will resemble a little hobbit house!

I would call this my CHIA House if it were mine.

I love this story because it spotlights the never ending creativity of our human race.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
thats the coolest thing in the entire world right now.

i want one!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
thats the coolest thing in the entire world right now.

i want one!

I know! It is really a neat concept. If I had a yard I would try this, but I am stuck in a nasty city in a stupid condo right now.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That is pretty cool
I wonder how he protects it tho?!

A hobbit house....hehehe. Would be too neat, and blends in the surroundings, I imagine with the grass, the insulation is very good too.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I really like this "chia" house.I think people should
look into this concept for the near future.
It would look like a hobbit house or the teletubby one.
It could be made to blend in with the surrounding area.
I love it,star and flag.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Me too! I want to try this simple concept myself. I wonder if I could get my brother to loan me his back yard? I could say it was a play house for the kids. A nice family project!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
this is not all that much different from an "earth ship".

the only difference is its mobile because all of the dirt/grass is in bags. plus bamboo is really light.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Someone on the linked site commented, "Where's the toilet? On the sidewalk?"

I wondered where the shower or bath was. I would have to be forced to live without proper bathing facilities.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Someone on the linked site commented, "Where's the toilet? On the sidewalk?"

I wondered where the shower or bath was. I would have to be forced to live without proper bathing facilities.
I myself would build two and connect them, one for toilet or washing up and one to shelter in.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

oh, don't get me wrong. It is a really neat concept for a house.

I don't mind the idea of 'tiny living', just has to have certain amenities, and I don't mean a pickle jar!

S&F!

new topics

top topics

join