It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDL Invite Pastor Terry Jones to speak at Rally.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Now I'm all for freedom of speech and don't believe the pastor should be banned from visiting the UK, the problem I have is now the EDL seems to be inviting this man over, purely to incite muslims. I wasn't aware that the EDL had a religious influence, yet they are inviting a fundamentalist Christian to a Rally to talk about fundamentalist Muslims.

Terry Jones attracted condemnation when he threatened to burn copies of the Koran on this year's 9/11 anniversary.

He said his presence at an English Defence League rally in February would be "positive" but he admitted he would preach against "extremist Muslims".

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Strange bedfellows the EDL keep!
There again, it seems par for the course given their previous invite to Rabbi Nachum Shifren from the US to join them in the UK and speak at a rally. I won't go into the Rabbi's biography here, that's what Google searches are for. Suffice to say he seems a bit of a nutjob far right wing type.

So, the EDL tells us they are not some right wing ant-Islam group, but then go an invite guest speakers who are? Go figure!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Interesting the EDL are no longer inviting the Pastor after they did some research into him and didnt agree with his views on race and homosexuality. Wonder why they hadn't done their research before issuing an invitiation?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

As an American I just want to apologize to your nation for this. We intended to export cheap electronics to you but apparently somebody didn't get the memo and we seem to have exported all of our jobs to India, our debt to China, and now our idiot to the UK.

And now I am wishing there were a shoulder shrug emote.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

join